Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cecill611

Shinonome needs a buff

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,213
[FORM]
Members
1,964 posts
12,614 battles

So you're suggesting that an angry drunk on deck firing his pistol at the planes isn't sufficient? 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles

The phrase "polishing a turd" comes to mind. Of all the possible buffs that could be useful for Shinonome, you suggest AA?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,900
Members
1,989 posts
52 battles

I mean, how much would you like to buff Shino AA anyway?

Because frankly even if you were to buff it by a factor of 10x it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

For a ship that was free, I hardly think WG would spit on it, even if it was on fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,769
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,818 posts
15,410 battles

Better AA... Shooting down 0.0005 planes per game instead of 0.0001, is pretty meaningless. You could buff air detection range for better effect.

 

Fundamentally Shinonome just doesn't like abundant carriers or lots of T8's. She doesn't fit the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,348 battles
27 minutes ago, TheArc said:

So you're suggesting that an angry drunk on deck firing his pistol at the planes isn't sufficient? 

WG could make it 10 angry drunks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,101
[WOLFG]
Members
31,369 posts
9,655 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

I mean, how much would you like to buff Shino AA anyway?

Because frankly even if you were to buff it by a factor of 10x it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Exactly.

And I think that giving up barely noticeable AA capability for an extra turret (compared to Fubuki) is an extremely good trade.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,348 battles
19 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

For a ship that was free, I hardly think WG would spit on it, even if it was on fire.

They know how to nerf free ships so why can`t they buff this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
56 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

Just in the AA.

IT is only a 1 for a T-6 ship is just wrong.

It doesnt matter, it could be 10 or 20 AA rating and still wouldnt matter. AA is just useless now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
483
[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
40 minutes ago, TheArc said:

So you're suggesting that an angry drunk on deck firing his pistol at the planes isn't sufficient? 

Shotgun-wedding.gif.ac99c633f6bd777990f5585040e462ce.gif

 

I don't know but I think this guy is on board that ship!

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,348 battles
7 minutes ago, Xlap said:

It doesnt matter, it could be 10 or 20 AA rating and still wouldnt matter. AA is just useless now. 

In random you could be right but I think in coop 10 AA would help out a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,527
[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
45 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

The phrase "polishing a turd" comes to mind. Of all the possible buffs that could be useful for Shinonome, you suggest AA?

Actually Shinonome can be surprisingly usable if you are able to use Akatsuki to it’s full potential which means using both the torpedoes and the guns. I have a 19 point captain being trained just to serve on those 2 ships so I can max out their potential.

So the request for buffs to the AA guns of Shinonome is actually what the ship is really lacking in terms of her abilities as the rest of it’s abilities are decent enough with some practice.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
90 posts
8,298 battles

i love the shinonome like you wouldnt believe, the short ranges on both torps and guns can be annoying at times, but it has nukes against dds with the HE

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles
34 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually Shinonome can be surprisingly usable if you are able to use Akatsuki to it’s full potential which means using both the torpedoes and the guns. I have a 19 point captain being trained just to serve on those 2 ships so I can max out their potential.

So the request for buffs to the AA guns of Shinonome is actually what the ship is really lacking in terms of her abilities as the rest of it’s abilities are decent enough with some practice.

I wasn't referring to the ship overall which I think is decent, but to the AA capability being a turd.

Personally I'd love for a turret traverse buff. That'd be far more welcome than more AA.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[WOLFC]
Members
249 posts
10,085 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Personally I'd love for a turret traverse buff

Yep, you are spot on. I would love to see it get a 5.1 second turret traverse!  :Smile_Default: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,213
[FORM]
Members
1,964 posts
12,614 battles
1 hour ago, cecill611 said:

WG could make it 10 angry drunks.

So your talking Asashio level?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,348 battles
2 minutes ago, TheArc said:

So your talking Asashio level?

I don`t have that ship so I don`t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
766
[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,793 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

So you're suggesting that an angry drunk on deck firing his pistol at the planes isn't sufficient? 

He's angry too?  Dang,, thought he was just drunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,035
[WOLFG]
Members
11,181 posts
10,408 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

He's angry too?  Dang,, thought he was just drunk.

You'd be angry too if you found out your AA gun was really only a western style capgun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,527
[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I wasn't referring to the ship overall which I think is decent, but to the AA capability being a turd.

Personally I'd love for a turret traverse buff. That'd be far more welcome than more AA.

WG could do a nice AA buff to Shinonome without doing any modeling work. Just allow it’s dual purpose main gun turrets to actually be dual purpose like Akatsuki has. Being able to throw up some flak bursts would help at least somewhat even if the rest of her AA guns leave much to be desired.

And yeah the turret traverse is rather slow resulting in players needing to plan ahead if they are going to engage an enemy ship with those guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

I have Shinonome, great ship, her AA is fine as is. IJN DDs are not known for their AA, never have been. What Shinonome needs, is a slight buff to turret traverse speed, but I'm not complaining too much about it. I sailed backwards down the center channel on two brothers with her, and came out of it alive, after meeting an enemy cruiser (even sunk the cruiser). Great ship for the bizzar tactics, because no one expects it from an IJN DD of tier 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,213
[FORM]
Members
1,964 posts
12,614 battles
2 hours ago, cecill611 said:

I don`t have that ship so I don`t know.

Trust me, the Asashio AA is terrible. I think it is a 3 on the stat sheet. Every bit as worthless as the Shin's. 

2 hours ago, SeaborneSumo said:

He's angry too?  Dang,, thought he was just drunk.

If you turn the volume up very high you can hear him holler and swear, and it is crystal clear the way he slurs that he's had too much sake. 

2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You'd be angry too if you found out your AA gun was really only a western style capgun.

That explains the tinny sound ;)

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×