Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SidTheBlade

New Friendly Fire Mechanic?

10 comments in this topic

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,548 battles

I saw something new today.

A Kagero on our team had gone pink, presumably from hitting a friendly with wild torps. The game was in the later stages. We were winning. A Bismark on our team did a great drive-by hit on an enemy BB, and then sailed on into a torp volley from the pink Kagero. I was watching, already out of the match, and I expected the Bismark to go down. He was very low health.

Instead, he took no damage, and the Kagero blew up and sunk. The green notification said that the Kagero had sunk himself, which is something I've never seen before, and which I did not know was a thing.

Apparently, it is now a thing. If some reckless wild man interrupts your torps while you are a little bit pink, you've had it. Deleted by the wicked WG gods, then and there.

Has anyone else seen this?

Is this a new thing?

[ARGSY]
Members
22,245 posts
16,204 battles

This has been the case for a while now. Do enough team damage and it starts reflecting back on you, so other people are not hurt by your stupidity... or sometimes your malice.

[FORM]
Members
1,952 posts
12,555 battles

The first "friendly hit" hurts the ship hit. I believe all subsequent hits hurt the person who fired the salvo/torps. Not sure if it wasn't always that way, but it has definitely been in the game for a while.

[SALVO]
Members
2,662 posts
6,777 battles

Its not a new thing. As far as I am aware you could always kill yourself  through TKing. 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,245 posts
16,204 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

Its not a new thing. As far as I am aware you could always kill yourself  through TKing. 

I think there was a time very early in WOWS where you could not, but this has since changed. It's been the case for at least a year that I can remember, and almost certainly longer.

World of Tanks had (and might still have, don't play it so don't know) a system where team-killers turn BLUE and it becomes legal to team-kill them without penalty. This was in response to malicious TK'ing and at least it gave you the ability to fight back. But WoT kills seem to depend on a very small number of hits, whereas WOWS gun kills are often dependent on repeated pummelling of a specific target in order to kill it, so WG probably figured the TK mechanisms are not necessarily cross compatible. 

[CK5]
Members
1,495 posts
15,863 battles

What are the odds?   Yesterday a pink Kagero hit my BB with three torps and didn't quite sink me but the reflected damage destroyed the Kagero.  And yes, he gave me a down vote for "driving right into my torps".  

• Funny 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

There is a Team damage threshold.. I'm sure its number is closely guarded, but at some point all damage you do to teammates is directed to your own ship.    

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,252 posts
14,677 battles
10 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

I saw something new today.

A Kagero on our team had gone pink, presumably from hitting a friendly with wild torps. The game was in the later stages. We were winning. A Bismark on our team did a great drive-by hit on an enemy BB, and then sailed on into a torp volley from the pink Kagero. I was watching, already out of the match, and I expected the Bismark to go down. He was very low health.

Instead, he took no damage, and the Kagero blew up and sunk. The green notification said that the Kagero had sunk himself, which is something I've never seen before, and which I did not know was a thing.

Apparently, it is now a thing. If some reckless wild man interrupts your torps while you are a little bit pink, you've had it. Deleted by the wicked WG gods, then and there.

Has anyone else seen this?

Is this a new thing?

Aloha,

As stated above, first you get a warning for team damage, then you go pink, then the damage is actually placed on your ship, so ya.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,121 posts
9,552 battles
25 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

If some reckless wild man interrupts your torps while you are a little bit pink, you've had it. Deleted by the wicked WG gods, then and there.

Someone taking torps from a friendly doesn't make them reckless, it highlights how reckless and irresponsible the torp launcher was.

• Cool 9

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,548 battles
12 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Someone taking torps from a friendly doesn't make them reckless, it highlights how reckless and irresponsible the torp launcher was.

For sure, I was being generous to the touched.

Folks who launch salvos of torps through their own team are special. No doubt.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this