Col_Nasty

Epic troll by epic whiner?

22 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts

(Forum mod.. before you send me that warning email about my post  please tell me what you do about HIM.)

SO the whiniest poster on this forum has stolen my Avatar ( Exactly copy).

Is this a first?   Is this what the kids call Majorly triggered?

I must have really hit his button yesterday : )

Cyber crush?

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,204 battles
21 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Cyber crush?

This is why having admirers is not always a good thing. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
28 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I don't think that there's anything that would prevent anyone from using any forum avatar they want. Most of the avatars here in the forums contain  copyrighted material that's being technically illegally used.

Members
510 posts
15,190 battles
12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't think that there's anything that would prevent anyone from using any forum avatar they want. Most of the avatars here in the forums contain  copyrighted material that's being technically illegally used.

+1.    It's tacky to use an avatar you know is already being used by another member.  

But, every member here could opt for the exact same one...wouldn't that be an odd sight.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
2 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

+1.    It's tacky to use an avatar you know is already being used by another member.  

But, every member here could opt for the exact same one...wouldn't that be an odd sight.

We could have forum clans, all with the same clan avatar.

[TBW]
Members
10,729 posts
18,434 battles
8 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

Are we all going Nasty? New forum trend?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,252 posts
14,677 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 9:23 AM, Col_Nasty said:

(Forum mod.. before you send me that warning email about my post  please tell me what you do about HIM.)

Is this a first?   Is this what the kids call Majorly triggered?

I must have really hit his button yesterday : )

Cyber crush?

Aloha,

So there is no rule or TM on avatar pictures, so I am unsure what you wish us to do. The best way to stop someone from bugging you? Ignore them, move along, stop replying to posts by them or anything, if there is an actual personal attack, report it, if it's in game, put a ticket in and submit the replay, if its in chat, take a screen shot and send it to ME.

As for discussing moderation we NEVER do that and never will, that is our policy and it probably will not change.

Also, if someone is bugging you or there is beef (mmmm beef), it's best to just move along. No need to let a petty digital brawl effect your day to day life. Not saying it is necessarily but ya.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Members
3,648 posts
42,290 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 9:55 AM, Snargfargle said:

Wait a minute, I thought I was the whiniest?

Did I misse a memo?

Members
3,648 posts
42,290 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 10:02 AM, Ducky_shot said:

Unless you own the rights to that avatar, you got nothing to complain about. 

Yeah, I kinda like Ducky's avatar but I am not good at ducking.

Members
3,648 posts
42,290 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 9:45 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is why having admirers is not always a good thing. :Smile_veryhappy:

I thought having admirers was a good thing. I mean is it admiration if a player is called 50ShadesofSteel? 🤔

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,204 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I thought having admirers was a good thing.

It is good to be admired by ordinary people, about whom there is nothing special.

If, however, one were admired predominantly or exclusively by the likes of pirates, murderers, slavers and child molesters, that might be a different matter. :Smile_trollface:

• Confused 1

Beta Testers
221 posts
8,004 battles

Then you've got self-centered people like me with their avatar being their name :Smile_hiding:.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,108 posts
11,024 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 10:55 AM, Snargfargle said:

So funny thing about my avatar: it was created using a my little pony creation engine to create your own pony. That said, the pony is an OC, so I think that's okay, or at least very common, but the problem starts with the cutie mark. The cutie mark is a Yellow all-seeing eye. Fans of Gravity Falls would immediately jump to thinking I used Bill Cipher. While I do appreciate that show, and that character as a very good villain, I actually originally created this avatar about a year before Gravity Falls started airing, and what's worse is I designed it offering to shake hooves, something that is very Bill Cipher in nature. That said, I don't know how legal my avatar is, but I still love it, especially since it has come to mean so much more than I originally intended by sheer accident.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
1 minute ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

So funny thing about my avatar: 

Well, all I know is that your avatar is safe from me. I won't be stealing it. One of my little nieces might but they are too young to play WOWS.

• Funny 1

Members
3,648 posts
42,290 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It is good to be admired by ordinary people, about whom there is nothing special.

If, however, one were admired predominantly or exclusively by the likes of pirates, murderers, slavers and child molesters, that might be a different matter. :Smile_trollface:

Ah, I see your point. I'm certain it's not all of those, but good to know.

[GGWP]
Members
7,208 posts
16,684 battles
21 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yeah, I kinda like Ducky's avatar but I am not good at ducking.

Unlike the OP, I do own that avatar, but if you use it, I'd just consider it advertising for free.