You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Guest_

Win in Ranked with 218k damage and loose a Karma Point

28 comments in this topic

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
398 posts
13,028 battles

I had checked my Karma prior to the starting out this morning.  Played the below game,  Checked Karma  to see if I at least got a good job.

Wow, was I surprised.  Didnt chat at all and loose a karma point?  I guess I just dont understand.  Maybe someone expected more fires from a British BB, LOL.

Screenshot (440).png

Screenshot (442).png

Screenshot (444).png

Edited by _Guest_
Wrong Screenshot
  • Boring 3

[GLF]
Members
47 posts
25,031 battles

Yep, it happens, 

I tend to gain karma during the week only to see it evaporate on weekends. 

The karma system really says more about those doing the upvote/downvote than it does about those on the receiving end.

Remember, "it's all made up and the points don't matter " 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,448 posts
16,309 battles

Your second screencap is out of sync; it's a Monarch rather than a Thunderer.

• Funny 1

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
398 posts
13,028 battles

Thanks,  dont know how that happened, but the correct screenshot is now posted.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
398 posts
13,028 battles

I know Karma is strange and I usually dont pay attention, but this one just got me scratching my head.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
855 posts
7,051 battles

lose a single karma point but harvest 200k tears.  id say u came out ahead

• Funny 1

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles

Remember you are playing against 13 other players, 7 reds and 6 greens. 

I am batting 50% in ranked because I keep playing to win and help the team. When I get second place and lose it's almost always to a long range spammer who survives long enough to steal meaningless XP, except it isn't meaningless in the ranked environment. The huge blowouts I have noticed are normally from teams that ignore the buffs and flank the entire map and farm the saps in the middle who are trying to get the buffs.

Additionally, many times frustration boils over after consecutive losses and you get reported because of players previous games where teammates play poorly and then it is taken out on someone else. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,519 posts
18,171 battles

It was likely one of your fire victims. Not everyone enjoys being on fire the entire match.  Image result for ship on fire

Members
225 posts
8,708 battles

Could have been a simple mistake. I have accidentally downed someone’s karma when I meant to upvote them, just grabbed the wrong pulldown by mistake trying to rush through it. I tried to fix it the times I happened to catch it but I am sure there are other times where I didn’t notice.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,191 posts
18,864 battles
1 hour ago, _Guest_ said:

I know Karma is strange and I usually dont pay attention, but this one just got me scratching my head.

I'm guessing someone on the losing end was upset with the loss and decided to give a negative hit out of spite.

[PHD]
Members
195 posts
13,441 battles

Here's a co-op battle where I had the high score and lost a point.

The CV got killed and then complained in chat about the DDs not protecting him, so I'm guessing he was the culprit.

Shiratsuyu1.jpg

Shiratsuyu2e.jpg

Shiratsuyu3.jpg

[GOB]
Members
2,521 posts

Had a fun idea and didn't play my smolly for a week ( been grinding my 19 pnt commanders ) Karma went from 1 to 9  Started playing it again.. back to 1 in one weekend!

GET THIS,  that's without playing it in a single random!

Karma and those silly bored faces on the forums are there to help weak anon people feel they matter.

If you have something to say,  say it out in the open. I guess that's a generational thing.

WG is a major enabler of these people. That's why they keep anon features that are basically useless active here.

Flip the script! Turn them into Triggered meters and laugh at the people who use them. 

I do : )

Members
225 posts
8,708 battles
19 minutes ago, Potohto928 said:

Here's a co-op battle where I had the high score and lost a point.

The CV got killed and then complained in chat about the DDs not protecting him, so I'm guessing he was the culprit.

Shiratsuyu1.jpg

Shiratsuyu2e.jpg

Shiratsuyu3.jpg

Holy crap unless there was TKing going on it’s hard for me to fathom voting karma down in co-op.

[PHD]
Members
195 posts
13,441 battles
Just now, Kenrod_Melrocity said:

Holy crap unless there was TKing going on it’s hard for me to fathom voting karma down in co-op.

Happens more often than you might think. Sometimes you can figure out why, most often it's a mystery.

And in co-op you know it was a teammate - bots can't report you.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,697 battles

It's salt. Pure, white salt.

I once had a CV player lose his mind because I torped him in a DD, and he had missed me with about 8 thousand rockets by the time he went down. He accused me of cheating, and worse, and he even started a toxic chat after the game. Dude went clean out of his mind.

It happens.

[LANCE]
Members
846 posts
6,314 battles

To lose your Karma points easily, simply play a CV for a few games (and not that badly either ... came top in a couple of games). I went from 29 - 11 when playing a few games in my Ark Royal for the "Start xx fires in a CV" mission in the Directives.

The QQ makes me chuckle! .... "Here's a wee box of tissues for you to wipe those salty tears from your eyes!" :cap_haloween:

[WOLFG]
Members
1,009 posts

Karma used to bother me.  Not any more.  I know when I've played a good game and when I don't.  Most bad karma comes from people who have no clue about what you are trying to do or are just mad because you deleted them or from some elite who thinks they know everything.  Ignore it.  I do still  appreciate the up votes when I have a good game though.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,113 posts
12,983 battles

How dangerous is a loose karma point? Will it go feral?

Sorry, could not resist. ;)

Salty players be salty.

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles

Some people simply get [edited] over getting shot at, well done, you made someone, somewhere, cry on their keyboard, it is a feat well earned by loosing 1 karma.

[PVE]
Members
20,113 posts
12,983 battles
20 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Some people simply get [edited] over getting shot at, well done you made some one some where cry on their keyboard, it is a feat well earned by loosing 1 karma.

But why would you let a karma point go? Just so they can roam free? It is said that you should let something that you love go free, so maybe that is the reason. ;)

No PC, so can't play, so imposing my sense of humor on y'all.