Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TriHard_DodgeDealership

[edited] to not release siegfried

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
133 posts

WG please I am begging you. We do NOT need another overpowered tier 9 supercruiser. And to make matters worse, this one has 15 inch guns. Fifteen. Inch. Guns. On a cruiser. And this one has greatly buffed accuracy and 20 second reload and crazy armor scheme. How that's not broken I don't know but there you have it. Please do what you did with Slava and shelf her and go back to the drawing board because we dont need another pseudo BB taking up cruiser spots

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts

I agree with the OP, we do not need yet another reward/premium supercruiser, unless they release Siegfried with BB matchmaking, which would at least introduce a modicum of fairplay. Better set Siegried aside for a future German battlecruiser tech tree/

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
133 posts
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

I agree with the OP, we do not need yet another reward/premium supercruiser, unless they release Siegfried with BB matchmaking, which would at least introduce a modicum of fairplay. Better set Siegried aside for a future German battlecruiser tech tree/

I would be okay with it if supercruisers/battlecruisers/whateveryouwanttocallthem became their own separate class 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,608
[POP]
Members
2,988 posts
24,073 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I agree with the OP, we do not need yet another reward/premium supercruiser, unless they release Siegfried with BB matchmaking, which would at least introduce a modicum of fairplay. Better set Siegried aside for a future German battlecruiser tech tree/

Agree the ship should be have always been a conventional O class battlecruiser with a BB designation at the very least, but no trust WG to twist a perfectly good design into a abomination.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
Just now, tm63au said:

Agree the ship should be have always been a conventional O class battlecruiser with a BB designation at the very least, but no trust WG to twist a perfectly good design into a abomination.

 

You know what they will do/

I am resigned to the inevitable. Accounting dept will have the last say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,608
[POP]
Members
2,988 posts
24,073 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

You know what they will do/

I am resigned to the inevitable. Accounting dept will have the last say.

Dockyard II ?:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
19 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Dockyard II ?:Smile_hiding:

a 300 hundred hour grind to be completed in 4 weeks + 500$ ? You can sense them hovering over Siegfried, drooling with anticipation, 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,908
[SYN]
Members
15,880 posts
12,803 battles

15in guns are amazing in T6/7

They're pretty bland in T9/10

They're going to be exceptionally bland if WG finally goes through with 30mm midsection plating for all cruisers.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
Members
596 posts
10,945 battles
1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

WG please I am begging you. We do NOT need another overpowered tier 9 supercruiser. And to make matters worse, this one has 15 inch guns. Fifteen. Inch. Guns. On a cruiser. And this one has greatly buffed accuracy and 20 second reload and crazy armor scheme. How that's not broken I don't know but there you have it. Please do what you did with Slava and shelf her and go back to the drawing board because we dont need another pseudo BB taking up cruiser spots

Wait what? The only reason to not get Siegfried is because she is absolutely garbage and I hope they don't release her for that reason

 

The guns have a very poor 26 second reload with only 6 barrels and the characteristics poor damage and pen of the German 380s. The dispersion is also nothing special compared to the other Large Cruisers and now 380mm won't be able to overmatch 25mm so her guns are very far from good

 

The armor is... completely broken but in the unusual way: it doesn't work at all.

The 90mm side only works to arm any AP in game basically making Siegfried take more damage. The turtleback is even worse than Roon's so she takes citadels from any angle. 

The nose eats citadels all day long as there is a huuuge completely flat 100mm citadel for any AP bigger than 380 to overmatch the rather poor 27mm nose and get free citadels

 

Let me ask you something: If you removed literally over 75% of Colorado's armor, gave it better accuracy and place her at Tier 9, do you think the ship would be any good? That's what's Siegfried is, a Gneisenau that lost over 3/4 of her armor and got placed two tiers above.

 

I also hope she doesn't make into the game unless a heavy rework is made to her because she seems to be a even worse Azuma, likely a Tier 9 German Yahagi

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,908
[SYN]
Members
15,880 posts
12,803 battles
4 minutes ago, XurMP said:

380mm won't be able to overmatch 25mm

no, it does.

It can't overmatch 27mm or more, which is prevalent on the popular USN and KM cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,591 battles

I'd be fine with these "super cruisers" if they could be hit by Asashio deep water torps.

The thing about them, they have made quite a few tier 10 cruisers look sad. Alaska, a tier 9 ship, has nearly twice the HP of Zao, better armour, and more powerful guns. And, most of all, radar. Zao has torps with terrible firing angles, which it can't use anyway because CVs have made stealth play a short bus tantrum.

The Mino and Hindy are also looking anaemic next to the heavy sluggers. 

I think radar needs to be made available to EVERY light cruiser, from tier 8 to tier 10, and removed from heavy cruisers. It's their only indispensable gimmick.

Radar and smoke, and then I can call the weak armour, weak guns, and very low HP fair. Then I can see a role for the heavy cruisers.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,727 posts
11,839 battles

Has there been any changes since the Siegfried was last seen many months ago?  If not, i dont think it will be a good super cruiser.  It's armor wasn't impressive including it's citadel.  I didn't find the guns impressive.  15in guns in the high tiers are getting nerfed with the upcoming armor changes. Concealment was meh.  It has good secondaries for a cruiser but uh, yea...  Torp angles weren't impressive either.   Handling wasn't impressive.  The ship had mediocre written all over it.  This isn't even getting into all the other ships that have come out since then that would give it a hard time.  There was a reason people jokingly called the ship the Winfried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
Members
596 posts
10,945 battles
51 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

no, it does.

It can't overmatch 27mm or more, which is prevalent on the popular USN and KM cruisers.

By now I meant literally next update that will give basically every single cruiser at Tier 8 or above 26mm of armor so Bismarck, JB and a few others including Siegfried won't be able to overmatch their own Tier cruisers... There it goes the only real advantage Siegfried had over the other Supercruisers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,134
[WOLFC]
Members
2,184 posts
10,547 battles
40 minutes ago, XurMP said:

By now I meant literally next update that will give basically every single cruiser at Tier 8 or above 26mm of armor so Bismarck, JB and a few others including Siegfried won't be able to overmatch their own Tier cruisers... There it goes the only real advantage Siegfried had over the other Supercruisers...

380/14.3 = 26.57, so they should still be able to overmatch 26mm of plating, which will be the new bow and stern plating thickness of mid tier battleships.

However, since most cruisers at tiers VIII-IX are going to be getting 27mm plating, yes, 15” guns at higher tiers are going to lose a lot of effectiveness. However, these plating changes, IIRC, will only effect the deck and midsection plating, so many cruisers will retain their 25mm bow and stern plating.

However, IMO Siegfried was garbage even before the loss this overmatch potential...

 

Edited by Nevermore135

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
Members
596 posts
10,945 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

However, IMO Siegfried was garbage even before the loss this overmatch potential...

 

Don't worry it's not only your opinion, she objectively sucked big time anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,496
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,338 battles
3 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

Odin is a T8 BB, right?

yes, but it got gutted with a 10K HP nerf, now Kongo, a T5 battleship, has more health than the Odin does at T8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×