You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

Russian CV

33 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

When, when will we get these, if they are anything like the rest of the russian ship lines, they should be the best cv in the game.

Please WG let us know when they are coming

• Funny 2

Beta Testers
3,281 posts
26,944 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

When, when will we get these, if they are anything like the rest of the russian ship lines, they should be the best cv in the game.

Maybe a Soviet Premium Aircraft carrier would be nice even id it's in a paper form . 

0 posts

Sub Octavian in a recent Q&A stated that WG currently has no plans to implement Russian CVs. Which from a standpoint of interesting paper designs which the Soviets developed, is disappointing. But I'm sure others among you will rejoice.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,466 posts
14,822 battles
16 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Sub Octavian in a recent Q&A stated that WG currently has no plans to implement Russian CVs. Which from a standpoint of interesting paper designs which the Soviets developed, is disappointing. But I'm sure others among you will rejoice.

To be honest I would rather see ships that were at least ordered meaning a full engineering workup was done for them which would give us two Italian CV's, the Aquila, and the Sparviero and several German attempts that were never completed that a line could be built around.

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

A full german cv line up or italians, rounding it out with russian cv would be good

0 posts
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

To be honest I would rather see ships that were at least ordered meaning a full engineering workup was done for them which would give us two Italian CV's, the Aquila, and the Sparviero and several German attempts that were never completed that a line could be built around.

While I look forward to the Italian and German cv tech trees, the Soviets did design a sufficient number of CVs (which never progressed beyond blueprint stage) to create a paper tech tree (not fake, paper). This is more than can be said about the Soviet BB tech tree (which required some fakes due to a lack of beer mats). I do believe the Soviets are over represented in the game, given too much end game importance relative to their historical and cultural presence, but their ships are very pretty designs, and I like CVs.

So that's my argument, essentially, CVs are pretty, Soviet CV designs look cool, I want/

also, Sub_Octavian has stated that the next CV tech tree will be an "Axis" state. Therefore either Germany, Italy or technically not excluded by his statement, Japan.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,466 posts
14,822 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

While I look forward to the Italian and German cv tech trees, the Soviets did design a sufficient number of CVs (which never progressed beyond blueprint stage) to create a paper tech tree (not fake, paper). This is more than can be said about the Soviet BB tech tree (which required some fakes due to a lack of beer mats). I do believe the Soviets are over represented in the game, given too much end game importance relative to their historical and cultural presence, but their ships are very pretty designs, and I like CVs.

So that's my argument, essentially, CVs are pretty, Soviet CV designs look cool, I want/

The Italian's while actually closer to putting one into service only had the two I mentioned.

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,549 posts
21,204 battles

well the Russians didn't have any CVs in WW2 and when they got graf zeppelin they used it as target practice  instead of keeping it to themselves   but until the CVs improve  and maybe return the ones  they did away with  and improved the game play with them then  maybe just maybe  but  CVs in T10 battles No thanks    and im glad there not in clan battles  to many cruisers would take the aircraft out  to quickly 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,301 battles
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

When, when will we get these

When, when the freaking Russians actually build and sail one. Hold your breath, it's right around the corner!

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

When, when the freaking Russians actually build and sail one. Hold your breath, it's right around the corner!

Lets not stand in the way of facts

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,954 battles
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

also, Sub_Octavian has stated that the next CV tech tree will be an "Axis" state. Therefore either Germany, Italy or technically not excluded by his statement, Japan.

8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

https://nypost.com/2019/12/12/several-hurt-as-russias-only-aircraft-carrier-catches-fire/       🙄  🤣

Edited by shadowsrmine

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,466 posts
14,822 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Moskva 1967 Helicopter carrier.

Kiev 1975 a true aircraft Carrier.

Let's just say that the Russians came to carriers late and still only have two in operation.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,301 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Please, this wreck was laid down in 1982, launched in 1985, and not commissioned until 1991; those are hardly dates which are covered in this game. But that was a really good, weak-sister, incredibly lame attempt at making it seem like the Russians actually had a functioning navy during the times this game takes place, LOL!!

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,301 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Lets not stand in the way of facts

And those facts would be .... that Russia didn't even have a functioning aircraft carrier until 1975, or that they are so incompetent that they managed to set their last one on fire when they were trying to modernize it last year? The Russians as a naval power, somewhat like Mexico as a leader in outer space development.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,301 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Moskva 1967 Helicopter carrier.

Because we have so many helicopter carriers in the game, QUACK!!

Kiev 1975 a true aircraft Carrier.

Nowhere near the era this game covers, even for Russian ships .

Let's just say that the Russians came to carriers late and still only have two in operation.

Nope, one; they burnt Kuznetsov up trying to modernize the thing. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,954 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Please, this wreck was laid down in 1982, launched in 1985, and not commissioned until 1991; those are hardly dates which are covered in this game. But that was a really good, weak-sister, incredibly lame attempt at making it seem like the Russians actually had a functioning navy during the times this game takes place, LOL!!

Never claimed it to be a functioning  CV :Smile_amazed: just as the Graf Zeppelin  never was a functioning CV, Tho I think everyone will admit the Germans  and  the Japanese like everyone else did a better job on that and everything else than the Russians ever have :Smile_facepalm:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,466 posts
14,822 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

Because we have so many helicopter carriers in the game, QUACK!!

Nowhere near the era this game covers, even for Russian ships .

Nope, one; they burnt Kuznetsov up trying to modernize the thing. 

Ah, I am behind on that news. My point was they came late to that ship type and still have few. Any RU CV tree would be pure paper.

• Cool 2

Members
646 posts
19,884 battles
15 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Soviet BB tech tree (which required some fakes due to a lack of beer mats).

This actually isn't true. The only one you could make this case for is Kremlin, but even then it was still a known Pr. 24 preliminary.

0 posts
Just now, Kingpin61 said:

This actually isn't true. The only one you could make this case for is Kremlin, but even then it was still a known Pr. 24 preliminary.

fair enough, but I'd far prefer Soviet CVs to Soviet bbs in WOWS. Much more interesting. And as you will agree I'm sure, zero fakes would be required. Personal preferences and all that.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,954 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, LoveBote said:

fair enough, but I'd far prefer Soviet CVs to Soviet bbs in WOWS. Much more interesting. And as you will agree I'm sure, zero fakes would be required. Personal preferences and all that.

What makes you think the Russian  CV  wouldn't be the most  OP  ship  released yet?giphy.gif

• Boring 1

0 posts
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

What makes you think the Russian  CV  wouldn't be the most  OP  ship  released yet?giphy.gif

As long as it is tech tree, I have no concerns. Russian dds are not considered OP, neither are Russian tech tree cruisers, nor many of their bbs (cough* ok Kremlin..). I'd be more worried if devs decided the US CV fanbase needed another cookie premium CV.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,954 battles
3 hours ago, LoveBote said:

As long as it is tech tree, I have no concerns. Russian dds are not considered OP, neither are Russian tech tree cruisers, nor many of their bbs (cough* ok Kremlin..). I'd be more worried if devs decided the US CV fanbase needed another cookie premium CV.

Yeah right:Smile_sceptic: