You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

CV and WG

42 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles

People need to realise WG are not going to change the CV or remove them.

They have put them in ranked, a 7v7 mode, and yeh sure its a bit over the top to do so, but hey both sides get them.

There are so many threads now about the CV, I remember a time when we had many threads about radar, and a lot on the forum said suck it up.

So I guess the player base should suck it up about the CV, because lets face it, WG will not do a thing about it.

Also this is not the only server they have, and other servers might love the CV.

@turbo07could you guys do what you did with the all the radar thread and have them condensed into one super thread

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6

0 posts
10 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

They have put them in ranked, a 7v7 mode, and yeh sure its a bit over the top to do so, but hey both sides get them.

There are so many threads now about the CV, I remember a time when we had many threads about radar, and a lot on the forum said suck it up.

So I guess the player base should suck it up about the CV, because lets face it, WG will not do a thing about it.

Also this is not the only server they have, and other servers might love the CV.

@turbo07could you guys do what you did with the all the radar thread and have them condensed into one super thread

nail on the head.

people need to put a hat on, and always take an umbrella/

CVs are here to stay, just like radar, just like HE spam (in fact, HE spam will become more important after IFHE rework as DOT fire dmg will increase to compensate for fewer HE alpha opportunities). Radar too is set to increase it presence on the battlefield, with the upcoming release of the VMF light/heavy cruiser split.

As you say, people will have to suck it up, and be positive! 

Now let's all say nice things about CeeVees :)

4 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Or you guys can just accept people are unhappy about CVs, instead demanding the discussions be swept under the rug.

oh you negative spoilsport! :Smile_trollface:

the current upsurge of CeeVee whining is due to a lack of salty Submarine dev news. I can't wait for Subs to return to headline news, I am bored with arguing about radar, HE and CVs.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Or you guys can just accept people are unhappy about CVs, instead demanding the discussions be swept under the rug.

Thats what they did with all the radar threads, so blame WG.

I am neither for or against the CV, it has always been down to the player who uses it, and how well they use it.

The same for any other type of ship in the game.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

CV dumpster thread please. Called for it a couple weeks ago. It's become an unproductive, grandstanding mash up on repeat now. Put it in one thread and move it to CV or DD sub forum.

Edited by thebigblue

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles
23 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

CV dumpster thread please. Called for it a couple weeks ago. It's become an unproductive, grandstanding mash up on repeat now. Put it in one thread and move it to CV or DD sub forum.

CV complaints right now are lost in the noise of so many threads

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,524 posts
14,832 battles
20 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

CV complaints right now are lost in the noise of so many threads

And 99% of them are rants with nothing constructive but at least the multiple CV threads/rants from so many playing them in tier 4 seem to have dropped off since they said they are working on it.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

And 99% of them are rants with nothing constructive but at least the multiple CV threads/rants from so many playing them in tier 4 seem to have dropped off since they said they are working on it.

I agree with the 3 CV per side is dumb, and if they are looking into it then great.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,118 posts
8,846 battles
51 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I see what you did there. :cap_haloween:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,524 posts
14,832 battles
4 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I agree with the 3 CV per side is dumb, and if they are looking into it then great.

The problem there is any tighter restriction than the current maximum of three will likely increase the rate of queue dumps. I think that limiting tier 4 to two CV's per team will not create an unacceptable rate of dumps while giving everyone, even the CV players don't like three per team, a break.

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem there is any tighter restriction than the current maximum of three will likely increase the rate of queue dumps. I think that limiting tier 4 to two CV's per team will not create an unacceptable rate of dumps while giving everyone, even the CV players don't like three per team, a break.

2 per team is fine, 3 was over the top, i do feel that after t4 it should only be 1 per side

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

We do accept it and we don't care how upset and unhappy you are. What we do care about is people treating the forums like their own personal ejournal reposting the same topic every single day with the same poorly written and boring to read posts. When you have been ignored for a year at some point you just have to accept the debate is over. 

How difficult do you think it would be for me to private message the more proactive CV players on this forum and coordinate an endless series of posts daily calling for the nerfing of DDs? It wasn't hard for the main posters here to get the CV players to stop begging for scraps and simply stop playing CVs to achieve the results we wanted and I don't think it would require any more effort to do the former. Much like your crusade, it would serve no point other than forcing everyone else to sift through garbage to find read-worthy material.

See, that is why CV players, unlike DD players, got what we wanted while you lot do not. It starts with our issues being serious enough to where we actually took decisive action. Your side's issues are not serious enough to do so or as a group you are not mature enough or in possession of the willpower to complete the task. You have devolved into whiners and no one, not even the devs, likes a whiner. 

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,524 posts
14,832 battles
7 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

2 per team is fine, 3 was over the top, i do feel that after t4 it should only be 1 per side

It is currently a soft two and hard three for tier 4, 6, & 8 CV's and it is only tier 4 that regularly sees triple CV's.

[TIGRB]
Members
371 posts
1,759 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

Well said Sir!

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
6,135 posts
30 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

We do accept it and we don't care how upset and unhappy you are.

Then don't read the posts.

31 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

How difficult do you think it would be for me to private message the more proactive CV players on this forum and coordinate an endless series of posts daily calling for the nerfing of DDs?

Pathetic.

[SALVO]
Members
25,862 posts
28,228 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

For what it's worth, WG didn't just add CVs to ranked.  They've been in ranked since day 1.

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, WG didn't just add CVs to ranked.  They've been in ranked since day 1.

I do not see why people are complaining about them

[GOOF]
Members
777 posts
6,498 battles
42 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

We do accept it and we don't care how upset and unhappy you are. What we do care about is people treating the forums like their own personal ejournal reposting the same topic every single day with the same poorly written and boring to read posts. When you have been ignored for a year at some point you just have to accept the debate is over. 

How difficult do you think it would be for me to private message the more proactive CV players on this forum and coordinate an endless series of posts daily calling for the nerfing of DDs? It wasn't hard for the main posters here to get the CV players to stop begging for scraps and simply stop playing CVs to achieve the results we wanted and I don't think it would require any more effort to do the former. Much like your crusade, it would serve no point other than forcing everyone else to sift through garbage to find read-worthy material.

See, that is why CV players, unlike DD players, got what we wanted while you lot do not. It starts with our issues being serious enough to where we actually took decisive action. Your side's issues are not serious enough to do so or as a group you are not mature enough or in possession of the willpower to complete the task. You have devolved into whiners and no one, not even the devs, likes a whiner. 

Usual cv mafia answer

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

Carriers in this game is like Artys in World of Tanks since day 1 of World of Tanks people been moaning crying belly aching like little children Non-Stop they're still crying and guess what artillery is still in the game. carriers are not going anywhere in this game either the Asians seem to love them

[SALVO]
Members
25,862 posts
28,228 battles
2 minutes ago, cronics said:

Carriers in this game is like Artys in World of Tanks since day 1 of World of Tanks people been moaning crying belly aching like little children Non-Stop they're still crying and guess what artillery is still in the game. carriers are not going anywhere in this game either the Asians seem to love them

There is a perverse group of gamers who think that you shouldn't be allowed to hide if you shoot at the enemy.  The concept of indirect fire (i.e. shooting over a hill at an unseen enemy) is alien to their bizarre concept of gaming.  And in a sense, carriers engage in "indirect fire" when they send out their planes to attack the enemy, since they can send those planes out from beyond the enemy's gun range or even be hiding behind islands when launching their planes.  This offends this group's sensibilities.  OTOH, the lack of indirect fire with weapons/units that are meant to engage in indirect fire offends MY sensibilities.

• Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, _Caliph_ said:

Well said.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
41 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Then don't read the posts.

Pathetic.

The funny part of that statement is you don't take your own advice about this. You keep showing up about ever CV post when it seems to just cause you stress?

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
1 hour ago, _Caliph_ said:

Can't up vote this for some reason, but very well said and it will be promptly ignored.  Or attacked, or blamed for some thing in the game,etc.  Like I asked before why can't there be a positive CV thread that doesn't get attacked?

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
36 minutes ago, grorg said:

Usual cv mafia answer

My Friend, have you read the forums lately and seen the same people attacking every CV thread like they were chanting Dus Vault as they rode into battle? lol

• Cool 1