Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

pink?

23 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
713 posts
2,126 battles

I got rammed while I was binocular view shooting at an enemy ship, and I'm pink? how did that happen and what did he do purposely stay rammed against me so I couldn't; see him?

[PSFL]
Members
35 posts
13,391 battles

The ram would not cause you to go pink. If you were zoomed in shooting odds are you were clipping the friendly ship as they were right against you.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,168 posts
19,031 battles

Always look around even when in binocular view. Tunnelvision is a killer. You "couldn't see him" because you weren't looking around between salvos.

You don't turn pink for just ramming, that's only a few hitpoints damage, as in several dozen at most. You must've also hit him with your guns.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,321 battles
7 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

I got rammed while I was binocular view shooting at an enemy ship, and I'm pink? how did that happen and what did he do purposely stay rammed against me so I couldn't; see him?

Go back to thrid person view maybe, you most likely shot him unkowingly while in binocular view.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
16 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Ramming will get you pink points... Now if you were shooting guns while ships are around you... You will be pink that way...

Post the "Detailed Report" and we can tell you what happen.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
4,364 posts
11,269 battles

The pink ‘warning for causing damage to x’ text in chat is just saying “hey you caused some friendly damage,” not an actual penalty. If you get an actual friendly fire warning from ramming, either you’re already pink/very close to being pink or you fired and clipped the ally ship and caused enough damage to go pink. 

As Lert said, even if your in binocular view, look around between salvos (If you hold righ click you’ll zoom out to free view but your aim point will stay the same) and make sure you know where other ships are. This time it was just a green ship nearby, next time it could be an enemy sneaking up on you to blap you. 

[NEMO]
Members
713 posts
2,126 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Go back to thrid person view maybe, you most likely shot him unkowingly while in binocular view.

Then that is probably what happened, it was a team of bots so, I was gonna say sorry till I saw the : on each side of the name

[NEMO]
Members
713 posts
2,126 battles

Bad thing is, the very next battle I got 8 kills LOL

And it doesn't seem to matter if its random or coop I've had more real people playing in coop battles than random battles

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
49 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Then that is probably what happened, it was a team of bots so, I was gonna say sorry till I saw the : on each side of the name

It doesn't take much of a hit to go pink when you hit a friendly.

Ramming does points in the tens to a hundred or so. You need to do roughly 10% damage to a friendly to go pink. So a 1,000 damage hit on a 10k DDs is almost certainly going to turn you pick. If you do 1,000 damage to a 50k BB, you are almost certainly not going pink. Do note that the system keeps track of your friendly hits over time, so it is possible that you can go pink from accumulated damage from multiple games. In any case, unless you are hitting friendlies all the time, the occasional oopsie is not a big deal.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,627 posts
8,610 battles

If you want, you can go to the folder labeled replays in your game folder.  It stores the last 30 replays.  You play them with the game executable file.  You can rewatch the game and see what happened.  Note only current patch games can be replayed.  Next patch, all current replays will no longer work.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
9 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

ok I found them but what can I open them with?

You should be able to open them with the WoWs exe file.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,547 posts
13,910 battles
11 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Make sure the game client is CLOSED and then open them with the WoWs exe file.

Going pink, typically means you had to have dealt a significant amount of damage to a friendly. You only have to play 2 battles without team damage to have the pink status removed.
Use your mini-map as much as possible to see the position of your friendlys to avoid more team damage. This is a hurtle a lot of new players have to get over, having good situational awareness in-game is huge.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
17 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

And it doesn't seem to matter if its random or coop I've had more real people playing in coop battles than random battles

You're still in "protected" MM. When you play Random Battles, all the humans are relatively inexperienced.

When there aren't enough inexperienced humans, they round out the teams with bots.

Once you've played enough matches, you'll get regular MM, and won't see bots in Randoms anymore.

Edited by Skpstr

[PIZZA]
Members
1,062 posts
13,092 battles
17 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Welcome new player! Glad to see newfaces. 

Pink is not harsh penalty if you do not make those pink actionsall the time. Yo will learn. 

Andhappy fighting!!! :cap_rambo:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,795 posts
4,631 battles
20 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

If he died from the ram then you wear the pink tutu.

But if you were in binocs, I suspect that you shot him unknowingly.

When you right-click on a replay file (.wowsreplay extension) select Open with.. and choose your worldofwarships.exe to always open.  Then just clicking (or double-clicking) on the replay file will open it.

Edited by iDuckman

[NEMO]
Members
713 posts
2,126 battles
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Going pink, typically means you had to have dealt a significant amount of damage to a friendly. You only have to play 2 battles without team damage to have the pink status removed.
Use your mini-map as much as possible to see the position of your friendlys to avoid more team damage. This is a hurtle a lot of new players have to get over, having good situational awareness in-game is huge.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Yea, it took three battles LOL I died in the second, exited to port and started a third LOL, somebody said Right click between salvos, so I tried that and it works, i can see whats what in my field of view

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,547 posts
13,910 battles
11 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Yea, it took three battles LOL I died in the second, exited to port and started a third LOL, somebody said Right click between salvos, so I tried that and it works, i can see whats what in my field of view

yeah, it's actually a VERY good habit to get into after every salvo.

-Hapa

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
23 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

That will change once you hit 70 battles or tier 5.

[PHD]
Members
1,516 posts
6,479 battles
11 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

The problem I had when starting out was I had no information on the button that gave you the ability for quick look around. Some of WGs info is learn as you go unfortunately. 

Thanks for the pink info. I wondered how it worked. 

[NEMO]
Members
713 posts
2,126 battles
On 2/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, grumpymunky said:

That will change once you hit 70 battles or tier 5.

Good, I see more players that are human in coop right now but half he time they are pink so I'mm assuming from what I read they have to be , because most are OK, but theirs a few that actually shoot at they own teammates on purpose

Sign in to follow this