Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

the La Galissonnière

7 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,136 posts
13,741 battles

I have the De Grasse which I like. I run a lot of ops but I do not seem to see a lot of La Galissonnière in operations, which is why I do not have her.

What is your opinion of this ship for operations?

Members
3,090 posts
6,653 battles

I don't run La Galissoniere because I have De Grasse, but I used to run her, and she is good, although situationally the smoke cruisers are often better. De Grasse is just a modest upgrade, so if you have De Grasse, there's no real point in running La Galissoniere unless you are grinding for Algerie.

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles

The La Galissonnière is really a mediocre ship, whether used in operations or otherwise. It has really slow base speed, and needs the speed boost just to match the base speed of the Budyonny. The gun reload is 9 seconds instead of the normal 8 seconds for most light cruisers. The only thing that helps it is MBRB which only helps it to put it on a more equal footing compared to same tier cruisers. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,040 posts
23,838 battles

La Gal I feel is pretty mediocre for Tier VI CLs in Operations.  She's not bad, but there's better choices out there.

Leander has Smoke, Repair Party, and RN CL AP that rips through the many DDs and Cruisers found in Operations.

Budyonny is a very strong CL this tier.  She's very fast at 35kts with no need for Engine Boost while 31k La Gal needs it.  Same amount of guns as La Gal, but reloads faster and has the fabulous Russian Cruiser shell flight characteristics.  If all that isn't enough, she even has better range than La Gal, 16.62km vs 15.92km.  And My Buddy has the shell arcs and shell flight speed to make that extra range matter.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts

If you have De Grasse don't bother with the Gal. Unless your grinding over to T7 Algerie .

Sign in to follow this