Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_BBaby

Finally caught it on camera! (ShipToast)

8 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,985 battles
Spoiler

1385729152_2020-02-26(10).thumb.png.9fa35b73bd288c2334ed958a694baa42.png

Ever since Philippe Auboyneau was added I have wanted to push a BB over 40 knots. No BB can achieve 40 knots base (Georgia wins at 39 or so), but with Philippe I can now push those limits. Sadly I crossed 2 million right as my engine boost was running out, but I still got to see the big 40. When I get the right circumstances this ranked season I want to truly push to see how far into the 40s I can get (especially with the maneuverability buffs of arms race). Still, I had no maneuverability buffs in this battle, so it still satisfies random battle conditions.

I just thought Id share. Been chasing 40 kts for a while now!:Smile-_tongue: With Auboyneau's talent repeatable and the buffs of arms race... I am starting to wonder what the absolute limit of a BBs speed is:fish_cute_2:

1535454648_2020-02-26(14).png.3264259e5a8fb29a252d96d5941db1b4.png

And yes, for the observant eye, I am running SE in ranked. 2k more HP per repair party and extra HP for every tick of the powerup heal... So far its covering its 3 point cost, but its still up in the air

Members
894 posts
3,947 battles

Somebody needs to have a talk with the Graphics dept.  Can you imagine the wake?

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,761 posts
4,630 battles
23 minutes ago, surratus said:

Somebody needs to have a talk with the Graphics dept.  Can you imagine the wake?

The Iowa's squat so that the transom is fully submerged. Not that much of a rooster tail as the props are pretty deep.  But there was a WWII USN DD afire that put it out by ducking into the wake of a BB...

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles

Meh I do that speed backwards in my mogador

• Funny 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,330 posts
31,754 battles
9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The Iowa's squat so that the transom is fully submerged. Not that much of a rooster tail as the props are pretty deep.  But there was a WWII USN DD afire that put it out by ducking into the wake of a BB...

I spoke to someone who was on the Missouri.  He showed me a photo of him standing at the stern of the ship while underway and the rooster tail was about 10 feet higher than he was.  We were talking specifically about how how it was; among other things.

Edited by slokill_1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,761 posts
4,630 battles
20 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I spoke to someone who was on the Missouri.  He showed me a photo of him standing at the stern of the ship while underway and the rooster tail was about 10 feet higher than he was.  We were talking specifically about how how it was; among other things.

That picture or one very like it was posted here.  They were on speed trial.  The stern was awash.  Don't remember the rooster tail, but I was staring at the deck.  That's power!!

Sign in to follow this