You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

So Ranked CV's Balanced?

67 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles

unknown.png?width=1440&height=64

So My 1st game today in ranked. I know I should have gotten gudder. And I lost a star. Gee I wonder if the CV made a difference? 

1 Player is the difference between winning and losing. That is not fair! Every Match Will Be Decided By The CV. you got my one game of ranked. Not worth the time. Good job WG for Balanced cv.

How can you even think that a 7v7 game with a cv is going to balance? 

image.png.9c852d23447e442f6d61e76bafc25ce8.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

[KSC]
Members
643 posts
9,608 battles

You mighty not want to play ranked if you're afraid of going against players that try hard.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

There is no way, regardless of any balance or player skill, to make CVs, in current form OR RTS, fit into the small setting of ranked battles. Zero. period. They need to stop trying so hard to make it happen because all they do is make the mode worse and less popular.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
24 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

There is no way, regardless of any balance or player skill, to make CVs, in current form OR RTS, fit into the small setting of ranked battles. Zero. period. They need to stop trying so hard to make it happen because all they do is make the mode worse and less popular.

You are not wrong. If they are going to have cv in Ranked have a 10 man team 

Members
126 posts
2,067 battles

Its not whats in Ranked mode but that whiny mentality of the players that don't like that fact they can't control a battle with certain ships. I'm sorry but instead of complaining, simply don't play it.

I personally give a thumbs up to WG for not treating any class like a redheaded step child because players aren't getting their way like children.  Now if they would just allow CBs  to have them. Some player's actually play all classes in game and not just a certain few ships.

Edited by motleytanker
  • Cool 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
35 minutes ago, MEANN said:

unknown.png?width=1440&height=64

So My 1st game today in ranked. I know I should have gotten gudder. And I lost a star. Gee I wonder if the CV made a difference? 

1 Player is the difference between winning and losing. That is not fair! Every Match Will Be Decided By The CV. you got my one game of ranked. Not worth the time. Good job WG for Balanced cv.

How can you even think that a 7v7 game with a cv is going to balance? 

CV XP in competitive was nerfed.  AA is currently the strongest its ever been in this CV iteration.

Use a bias-bote or CV...

[OO7]
Members
549 posts
6,771 battles

Is that your stats or the CV on your team that you're trying to shame?

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
8 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

Is that your stats or the CV on your team that you're trying to shame?

I am not a cv player this was the 2 cv's in my game. I was in the Monty 149k game. and lost a star. my team was killed by the cv. all of them. Our cv was the useless. 

• Boring 1

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
13 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Its not whats in Ranked mode but that whiny mentality of the players that don't like that fact they can't control a battle with certain ships. I'm sorry but instead of complaining, simply don't play it.

I personally give a thumbs up to WG for not treating any class like a redheaded step child because players aren't getting their way like children.  Now if they would just allow CBs  to have them. Some player's actually play all classes in game and not just a certain few ships.

The issue is simple. the cv is overpowered in a small format. 

• Boring 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

No surprise, in random games, teams with the better CV have a much higher chance to win. In ranked wich is a much smaler enviroment its much worse. 

A ship with the ability to scout and strike anywhere on the map, in very little time and with no effective counter. Seems balanced... 

• Cool 2

[KAG]
Beta Testers
789 posts
10,110 battles

After seeing this video, I believe MEANN has a point. If the planes are essentially invulnerable, then it will basically come down to whichever CV player is better to carry to their team.

Members
126 posts
2,067 battles
17 minutes ago, MEANN said:

The issue is simple. the cv is overpowered in a small format. 

You played and didn't get past tier 4 in Cvs as well didst do so well but you want others who have to agree they are OP? Try playing them in tier 8 and 10 with decent AA then come back with better understanding. I have yet to see ANY Cv take a entire team out to prove the [edited] OP excuse or complaint. They are a support ship with some decent damage if you play for damage. If you mainly scout, you get crapfor damage.

People refuse to adjust  but would rather complain.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Members
126 posts
2,067 battles
19 minutes ago, Xlap said:

No surprise, in random games, teams with the better CV have a much higher chance to win. In ranked wich is a much smaler enviroment its much worse. 

A ship with the ability to scout and strike anywhere on the map, in very little time and with no effective counter. Seems balanced... 

That can be true but that part of the game. You not going to win every battle. Teams win and loose. Team play is the key.

Members
126 posts
2,067 battles
5 minutes ago, Bronco said:

After seeing this video, I believe MEANN has a point. If the planes are essentially invulnerable, then it will basically come down to whichever CV player is better to carry to their team.

That's one player. you will have better player's in any given game but that doesn't mean every game will be the same....

• Boring 1

Members
568 posts
1 hour ago, Kebobstuzov said:

There is no way, regardless of any balance or player skill, to make CVs, in current form OR RTS, fit into the small setting of ranked battles. Zero. period. They need to stop trying so hard to make it happen because all they do is make the mode game worse and less popular.

FTFY

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
7 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

You played and didn't get past tier 4 in Cvs as well didst do so well but you want others who have to agree they are OP? Try playing them in tier 8 and 10 with decent AA then come back with better understanding. I have yet to see ANY Cv take a entire team out to prove the [edited] OP excuse or complaint. They are a support ship with some decent damage if you play for damage. If you mainly scout, you get crapfor damage.

People refuse to adjust  but would rather complain.

what adjustment can I make when the fking cv can kill most of my team and I cant stop him. and my cv is bad. so we lose no matter how i adapt! 

Members
1,674 posts
12,382 battles
44 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

redheaded step child

tumblr_nsfpo6DkHW1uzvz4oo1_500.gif

• Boring 1

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

There is no way, regardless of any balance or player skill, to make CVs, in current form OR RTS, fit into the small setting of ranked battles. Zero. period. They need to stop trying so hard to make it happen because all they do is make the mode game worse and less popular.

FTFY

I agree completely, but I narrowed it to the specific because it is a LOT less arguable and has been an issue since RTS. I believe RTS CV could have fit into the game with changes, but new CV? No, it will never work in any way outside of co-op/operations.

Members
6,621 posts
20,679 battles
3 minutes ago, MEANN said:

what adjustment can I make when the fking cv can kill most of my team and I cant stop him. and my cv is bad. so we lose no matter how i adapt! 

Just play another game. We all have horror stories from ranked, our PR had a pr of 174, auto loss....just move on, it's the only answer

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
10 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

That can be true but that part of the game. You not going to win every battle. Teams win and loose. Team play is the key.

The problem is not about losing, but how does that happen. The problem is when you lose before the battle even starts, if you got stuck with a bad CV player, your chances to win are minnimal. CVs have too much impact into battles, and because of that, the skill gap between players is game breaking. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

You are not wrong. If they are going to have cv in Ranked have a 10 man team 

So, assume that most T10 CV players who choose that ship for ranked know what they're doing … 

And, if CVs can control a game with 12 players, they absolutely will control a game with 7 

Then, it only makes sense to div with the best CV player you can find or try on the weekend when there are maybe fewer qualified CV players?

Bring on the Subs!

Edited by Commander_367