Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Credits earnings nerfed HEAVILY on co op battles?

68 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
1,059 posts
13,070 battles

If I am without premium and played this battle I have been in NEGATIVE earnings. 

WG - do youhuuhuhuu counter-promoting new players? Or is there different scale in earnings? New players will be pretty upset about credit flow. WG - you are making same policy as WOT do? No wonder why upset players shoot teannates. 

shot-20.02.26_14.24.35-0966.jpg

Edited by Finnkax
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 5

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,874 battles

I’ve noticed earnings nerfed in randoms as well. Talking about netting 10k after decent games in tier 7 or so...

• Cool 2

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

Hu Hu'ing Nates- The New Meta!

WG wants you to open your real money wallet, before they had out Monopoly Money.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
28 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

If I am without premium and played this battle I have been in NEGATIVE earnings. 

WG - do youhuuhuhuu counter-promoting new players? Or is there different scale in earnings? New players will be pretty upset about credit flow. WG - you are making same policy as WOT do? No wonder why upset players shoot teannates. 

XP and credits are nerf'd by at least 50% in co-op.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,015 posts
14,281 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

XP and credits are nerf'd by at least 50% in co-op.

Service costs also take a small hit to compensate.

@Finnkax If you're bleeding credits in co-op at Tier 5, you're doing it wrong. Take off the premium consumables (which you don't really need in co-op) and you should be good.

Past Tier 7, it becomes difficult to impossible to have a game in the black without an exceptionally good performance, permacamo, premium time or a combination of the three. 

(DISCLOSURE: I made the decision a couple of Christmases ago to be in permanent premium time. With the 360 day 50%-off special they run, it's not much on a per-day basis and more than worth it to me. I run co-op a lot because I like the playstyle, plus the high win rate keeps my morale up and lets me get through daily chains for event tokens in a way that an extended streak of randoms losses would not. I run my coal and FXP premiums a lot at the higher tiers.)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Service costs also take a small hit to compensate.

True, but only by 25%. Co-op earnings are right in the sweet spot for WG of grinding to afford high tier play or buying premium time and/or camos.

@Finnkax If you're bleeding credits in co-op at Tier 5, you're doing it wrong. Take off the premium consumables (which you don't really need in co-op) and you should be good.

This^^^

Premium consumables are not needed in co-op.

Past Tier 7, it becomes difficult to impossible to have a game in the black without an exceptionally good performance, permacamo, premium time or a combination of the three. 

(DISCLOSURE: I made the decision a couple of Christmases ago to be in permanent premium time. With the 360 day 50%-off special they run, it's not much on a per-day basis and more than worth it to me. I run co-op a lot because I like the playstyle, plus the high win rate keeps my morale up and lets me get through daily chains for event tokens in a way that an extended streak of randoms losses would not. I run my coal and FXP premiums a lot at the higher tiers.)

With premium time and perma-camo a decent game at high tier will be in the black. Not by much, but in the black.

Members
1,123 posts
2,117 battles

You can't run anything that costs credits.  I'll use the cheap paint job but that's it when it comes to co-op.  Generally I just break even and use the premium ships to make credits.  WG is convinced the way to make money is force players into random and PVP.  I wish they could see the potential of PVE and how it would open wallets far more than PVP.  If leveling was faster in PVE then I'd be more likely to purchase premium ships to complement the ships I use.  When it takes a very long time to level up then I'm not going to put money into a lot of premium ships because I just won't use them.  It's almost as if WG doesn't want co-op players to enjoy the game.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 minute ago, ruar said:

You can't run anything that costs credits.  I'll use the cheap paint job but that's it when it comes to co-op.  Generally I just break even and use the premium ships to make credits.  WG is convinced the way to make money is force players into random and PVP.  I wish they could see the potential of PVE and how it would open wallets far more than PVP.  If leveling was faster in PVE then I'd be more likely to purchase premium ships to complement the ships I use.  When it takes a very long time to level up then I'm not going to put money into a lot of premium ships because I just won't use them.  It's almost as if WG doesn't want co-op players to enjoy the game.

The way WG makes money is by selling things. By setting the co-op payouts the way they do, you really need to get premium time and perma-camo to make credits in co-op in high tier play. Farming first win bonuses in co-op is a faster way to progress and that is one of the reasons for premium ships. 

Members
590 posts
4,130 battles
4 minutes ago, ruar said:

Ding, Ding, Ding!  Give this man a cookie!  After having a turn at interest from WG when they developed the Scenerios, we are now in Coop's never never land.  The current leadership has little interest in developing COOP play, and is instead investing in?  Oh, yeah, more premium ships!  They are also promising a new game mode and some new maps, soon.  Yes, soon.:Smile_sceptic:

• Boring 2

Members
1,587 posts
25,037 battles

You can look over the ships I have on my WG profile page.

I am a free-to-play-er, I play much more co-op lately, and I have a little over 313 million silver.

As I've said elsewhere, the sweet spot for my credit earnings is tier 7 in my premium ships (none purchased with real $$).

You can build your treasury without expending, but it'll take time.

• Cool 1

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles

Not sure what the OP is talking about. I just ran a Furutaka in co-op with these earnings results:

image.thumb.png.26231ba92bb23862dae20b4ce0ec296b.png

So with one consumable and only 31K damage I was slightly above breakeven. Remove that consumable and it was an okay net credit haul.

@Finnkax - Please show us this screen from your match. The service costs are minimal at T5 so you must have been running premium consumables on everything which is a waste.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
39,248 battles
14 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Not sure what the OP is talking about. I just ran a Furutaka in co-op with these earnings results:

image.thumb.png.26231ba92bb23862dae20b4ce0ec296b.png

So with one consumable and only 31K damage I was slightly above breakeven. Remove that consumable and it was an okay net credit haul.

@Finnkax - Please show us this screen from your match. The service costs are minimal at T5 so you must have been running premium consumables on everything which is a waste.

I never run auto resupply in coop it just cost to much. 

That was half of what you made.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles

About the only premium consumables I ever run in coop are repair and damage control, and only if I am looking to run a potential damage mission in a BB.

(And I have about 150 of each sitting around).

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
1 hour ago, Finnkax said:

??????

OP,

You earned MORE in this CO-OP match then even in a RANDOM LOSS at the same tier...

You earned MORE in this CO-OP match then a tier 5 premium torp DD would do, in a RANDOM LOSS.

Not to mention you dont earn heroic achievements, which have earnings benefits when you earn one...

So considering the points noted above... if you can do what you did 3 times in a 20min time frame, you earn MORE then guys, spending 20 min in a RANDOM LOSS..

So why/what are you complaining about a none issue???? CO-OP guys are silently earning a killing, just to sink AI bots.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,736 posts
4,630 battles
1 hour ago, Finnkax said:

Fwiw, there has been no change to Co-op earnings.  They've always been low, but you shouldn't have a negative net on this battle. 

Why aren't you showing us the earnings page? 

• Cool 3

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Fwiw, there has been no change to Co-op earnings.  They've always been low, but you shouldn't have a negative net on this battle. 

IMO Ducky, he whats to push a biased narrative... Narratives that are biased, usually are not based on anything concrete.

If I were him, I would follow the advise given in the thread.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

I'm wondering the same thing. With over 11k battles the OP should have a understanding of the game's economic system.

[NG-NL]
Members
257 posts
9,153 battles

The original poster asked whether earnings were nerfed in co-op.
They were not. A "nerf" is a change to weaken something, and this is not a change.

This thread is full of good advice and I have little to add except links to previous threads also with good advice on this topic.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/180140-when-did-you-start-swimming-in-credits/

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/179151-most-efficient-method-for-credit-grinding/

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,736 posts
4,630 battles
26 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You earned MORE in this CO-OP match

That "earning" is his modified gross earning.  If he's negative, that means he spent more than 128,812 Cr on this battle. 

Service cost of Furry Taco is only 8625 Cr (after 25% Co-op discount).  Say ammo is 7200 (only a guess but that's 300 shells @24 - a lot for a CA).  It has only three consumable so if he buys all three, 67,500 Cr.

That should leave a profit of 45,487 Cr without premium or any modifiers.

I call shenanigans.

Edited by iDuckman

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
2 hours ago, Finnkax said:

No wonder why upset players shoot teannates. 

No idea how you justify teamkilling based on this. If people teamkill and make the credits even worse for themselves I am glad they stay in co-op because that is childish at best. They don't make co-op rewarding because it is not their primary gamemode and is only played by a very small percentage of the playerbase consistently.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,619 posts
18,506 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That "earning" is his modified gross earning.  If he's negative, that means he spent more than 128,812 Cr on this battle. 

Service cost of Furry Taco is only 11,500 Cr.  Say ammo is 8500.  It has only three consumable so if he buys all three, 67,500 Cr.

That should leave a profit of 41,312 without premium or any modifiers.

I call shenanigans.

You call Shenanigans, I'm calling out from retirement the Diapering flag...

• Boring 1

[PIZZA]
Members
1,059 posts
13,070 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Did you use a bunch of premium consumables?

1 i think - repair. During britisch cruiser challenge I "grind" co-op and battles like this you usually have  generous outcomes. No consumable explain this. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,736 posts
4,630 battles
Just now, Finnkax said:

1 i think - repair. During britisch cruiser challenge I "grind" co-op and battles like this you usually have  generous outcomes. No consumable explain this. 

Neither do you.  Show your earning page!

concerned-kitty-does-not-approve-of-your-shenanigans.jpg.9c1e4408226664f84a257499ee8be8ae.jpg

Sign in to follow this