Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

OK WG Its Time For Another BattleCruiser Post

68 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,801 battles

Yes well its been probably just past a month when i last wrote asking for SMS Defflinger to be added into the game. This time the ship in Question is one of the before mentioned German ship's Jutland rivals.

This ship who fought in many Clashes throughout the First World War with battle honours for:

1st and 2nd Heligoland Bight

Scarborough 

Dogger Bank

But it was Jutland that this ship proved like many others that day its true colours in battle and fighting spirit, almost being sunk in the opening BattleCruiser clash.

Were it not for the orders of the dying Royal Marine Officer to flood the forward magazine the ship would have been lost.

I should not even have to say this ships name.

Willy_Stoewer_HMS_Lion_Doggerbank.jpg

Two-gun turret with front section of armoured roof missing

This is another ship that should take its rightful place in WOWS.Once again I ask WG why is this ship not in this game, why do we have some paper usurper sailing around our seas bearing the name of this honourable ship.

Funny when the Tier 9 Battleship came out there was quite a bit of disquiet about the naming of the ship and there were those who felt that the naming of this tier 9 BB would now ruin any chance of the great BattleCruiser ever being in game, I even believe it was put to WG to Change the tier 9's name but WG seems to at the time stuck to there choice.

But you know whats more funny when the Italian Cruiser line came out and people were not happy with tier 8,9 and 10's names for them WG were more than happy to change them and those names for ships in the future, strange that did not do the same for this ship.

This is some details about the the Tier 9 British BB class from Wikipedia you might find interesting:

Six Lion-class ships were planned, two each in the 1938, 1939, and 1940 Naval Programmes. The first pair, Lion and Temeraire, were ordered on 28 February 1939 from Vickers Armstrongs and Cammell Laird, respectively. Lion was laid down at Vickers' Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne shipyard on 4 July; Temeraire preceded her at Birkenhead on 1 June.

Our tier 9 BB should have been named Temeraire and not the name it has now.

Now for the game I mentioned in my title 

Its called lets pick the real ship 

which one is  HMS Lion

Image result for HMS lion guns open fire gif

This one above

or this one below

Image result for ship keel laying

This ( above picture ) is about as far as that impostor at tier 9 got to. 

Image result for Hms lion wows

Its time for the real Lion to be included in this game

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 3

[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
15,966 battles

its ok. it may take some time but wargaming will most likely make a german and British battlecruiser line. at least sometime with the next year or two. most likely after Italian BB/DD, French CV, EU DD, VMF CL/CA split, maybe japanese cl/ca or usn bb split

Edited by JessieTheKitty
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

0 posts
48 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

its ok. it may take some time but wargaming will most likely make a german and British battlecruiser line. at least sometime with the next year or two. most likely after Italian BB/DD, French CV, EU DD, VMF CL/CA split, maybe japanese cl/ca or usn bb split

With BB matchmaking.

It's not ok. We have every sort of USN, IKN and VMF battlecruiser in game, (most of which were never built), except the battlecruisers of the navy that invented the concept, and 1st experimented with them. 

Meanwhile the scandal of end game American, Japanese and Soviet battlecruisers benefiting from cruiser MM, will continue. The bias and hypocrisy must stop!

let's get the RN Battlecruisers in game, ASAP, and revise all battlecruisers in the game, from Graf Spee to Stalingrad, ensuring they either all enjoy their own MM category, or that they are all bundled with BB matchmaking (with adjustments to their stats and consumeables if required). Really I have had enough of seeing Brokengrads and Pay2Ricos, Alaskas and Azumas, with their battleship displacement and firepower, matchmaked versus light cruisers which are barely above dd  leaders in displacement, which mount pop guns which are quite ineffectual as counters.

It's like setting up a duel between a king tiger and a greyhound scout vehicule.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,801 battles
15 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

With BB matchmaking.

It's not ok. We have every sort of USN, IKN and VMF battlecruiser in game, (most of which were never built), except the battlecruisers of the navy that invented the concept, and 1st experimented with them. 

Meanwhile the scandal of end game American, Japanese and Soviet battlecruisers benefiting from cruiser MM, will continue. The bias and hypocrisy must stop!

let's get the RN Battlecruisers in game, ASAP, and revise all battlecruisers in the game, from Graf Spee to Stalingrad, ensuring they either all enjoy their own MM category, or that they are all bundled with BB matchmaking (with adjustments to their stats and consumeables if required). Really I have had enough of seeing Brokengrads and Pay2Ricos, Alaskas and Azumas, with their battleship displacement and firepower, matchmaked versus light cruisers which are barely above dd  leaders in displacement, which mount pop guns which are quite ineffectual as counters.

It's like setting up a duel between a king tiger and a greyhound scout vehicule.

I second this, fed up with SuperCruiser double standards.

• Cool 2

[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
15,966 battles
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

With BB matchmaking.

Sure. but you also have to remember this is a game. Not historical, so ships that did "exist" will have the same impact as those that were being built / designed. and as much as i would like to see battle cruiser lines there is bigger stuff to worry about first. I have been studying naval designs for some time now wondering how WG can develop their tech tree. It takes a lot of work to research everything and not to mention most battle cruiser lines will have a lot of paper ships aswell so people will just complain "OH THERES TOO MUCH PAPER IN THIS GAME!!!" for instance Japanese battle cruisers will most likely need a paper design in tier 6,7,9,10.   Germany would need ones at 7,8,9,10.   Royal navy would need them at 7,8,9,10 (im no counting hood as a tech tree since its already premium) and thats if the battle cruisers are based off of the battleship matchmaking and start at tier 2 or 3.

Defflinger  will come. sooner or later. the amount of people that want lower tier premiums is very low and the profit on them is horrible. so WG is not exactly leaping hurdles to get this done immediately.

0 posts
18 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Sure. but you also have to remember this is a game.

I think you are the one who forgets just what a game means. 

A game requires consistently applied rules, which come under the umbrella of "fairplay", not one rule for the Black Rooks and another set of rules for the White Rooks. 

The publisher of WOWS regularly uses history to justify and promote their dev decisions, but forgets history for reasons that are unambiguously unhelpful to a consistent and fair rule set, for a game.

18 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

It takes a lot of work to research everything

Indeed, which is why we can be sure, that when WOWS development began, even before alpha, Lesta devs, producers and researchers were all well versed in the history of naval development during the game's time period, and very well aware of the history of battlecruisers. To suggest they were not knowledgeable about the history of hybrid battleship/cruiser designs, built and unbuilt, would be to accuse them of incompetence. I'm sure you don't mean to suggest that WOWS devs, producers and researchers are idiots. I am sure they have been sitting on enough material to release a tech tree of RN (and KM) battlecruisers, for a very long time, if they so wished. The problem for them, has been how to shoehorn into the end game, the later, and less than successful, designs of other nations, as exclusively premium/reward content for pay2win whales and unicums to better enjoy a monopoly in seal clubbing cruiser MM cheating battleship displacement warships. 

Note that ALL battle/super/XXL cruisers in game so far, are reward/premium. Not a single one is available in a tech tree. And this despite the wealth of literature and importance accorded them from the 1st World War right upto Stalin's death/advent of shiplaunch missiles inthe 50s. How can this be acceptable? ALL battlecruisers currently in game are locked behind a nolifer/unicum or pay2win wall. The Super/XXL cruisers and the t6 and 7 premium examples, are all evidence of toxic whale culture in WOWS development.

• Cool 1

[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
15,966 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Note that ALL battle/super/XXL cruisers in game so far, are reward/premium. Not a single one is available in a tech tree. 

hmmmm. Not quite. Myogi, Amagi, Kongo are all battle cruisers. And they just gave away the ARP ships of which had 4 battle cruisers in them... 

sure PEF was a premium but it was a premium that was given away for free with an actual not bad of a grind.

Gnies may not have been a battlecruiser irl but the version of it in the game represents the O class design somewhat.

Hood is yes a premium.

kronsdalt is yes locked behind a wall now due to it being way to cheap what it was.

Stalingrad is only what? 28,000 steel. thats not that long of a grind. im not a unicum player and im still able to get all 3 tier ten steel ships plus black. so either your not putting in the effort or you are just looking for a reason to complain about it.

Yoshino is for coal. something you can get easily by getting 3 containers a day. EZ.

Azuma / alaska is for 1 million free xp. sure thats a lot. but WG isnt going to just gift you a friggin tier 9 ship because you want it.

Puerto rico is the ONLY ship here that is locked behind a P2W wall.

TLDR:

Ships you can get in tech tree that are battlecruiser/ represent Battlecruiser playstyles: Myogi, Kongo, Amagi, Gneis

Premium ships: Hood, Ashitaka

ships that you can get for a little bit of a grind: Yoshino, Azuma, Alaska, Stalingrad

locked ships: Puerto rico, Kronsdalt

[INTEL]
Members
13,062 posts
36,040 battles
59 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

This I agree with, and I am a huge fan of Azuma. But in Azuma I've wrecked so many Buffaloes, Ibukis, Neptunes, etc, whose guns can't really harm me very much. Versus other "cruisers" I am more or less a BB. What is needed is a one-per-match slot for supercruisers. Happy to wait a moment to play Azuma if necessary.

• Cool 1

0 posts
6 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

hmmmm. Not quite. Myogi, Amagi, Kongo are all battle cruisers. And they just gave away the ARP ships of which had 4 battle cruisers in them... 

sure PEF was a premium but it was a premium that was given away for free with an actual not bad of a grind.

Gnies may not have been a battlecruiser irl but the version of it in the game represents the O class design somewhat.

Hood is yes a premium.

kronsdalt is yes locked behind a wall now due to it being way to cheap what it was.

Stalingrad is only what? 28,000 steel. thats not that long of a grind. im not a unicum player and im still able to get all 3 tier ten steel ships plus black. so either your not putting in the effort or you are just looking for a reason to complain about it.

Yoshino is for coal. something you can get easily by getting 3 containers a day. EZ.

Azuma / alaska is for 1 million free xp. sure thats a lot. but WG isnt going to just gift you a friggin tier 9 ship because you want it.

Puerto rico is the ONLY ship here that is locked behind a P2W wall.

TLDR:

Ships you can get in tech tree that are battlecruiser/ represent Battlecruiser playstyles: Myogi, Kongo, Amagi, Gneis

Premium ships: Hood, Ashitaka

ships that you can get for a little bit of a grind: Yoshino, Azuma, Alaska, Stalingrad

locked ships: Puerto rico, Kronsdalt

So you prove my point, if anything, you underline it, there are only 4 tech tree battle cruisers, all are low tier (Amagi being highest), all have bb MM. 7 of the in game BCs, from Graf Spee to Stalingrad, are premium/reward. All of these 7 have cruiser MM/. The only premium battlecruisers with bb MM are the mid/low tier Hood, arguably Scharnhorst, and perhaps Ashitaka.

In total there are 10 premium/reward BCs in the game, versus 4 tech tree BCs/ Scandalous, a pure unadulterated example of pay2win by the most basic definitions available, a shocking enabling of seal clubbing from Lesta HQ. Indefensible.

• Cool 1

[RBMK]
Members
49 posts
7,059 battles

I have to agree with Jessie. Wg still needs to work out how to balance battlecruisers into the game and whether or not they would need a whole new class to be added as it would kill the current cruiser meta. Also they gave the graf spee out for free as well with the battle of the river plate event a few years back 

0 posts
Just now, Potato_Bait said:

Wg still needs to work out how to balance battlecruisers into the game

wel perhaps htey shouldn't have released them as premiums at end game tiers, such as Stalingrad and Pay2rico, before they worked out how to balans them?

[RBMK]
Members
49 posts
7,059 battles

Mate puerto rico is balanced and has hard counters, same with stalin. Hell you could get stalin in less than a year of saving your steel if you wanted to. Pr did cost a lot, but if you bought one or two of the boosters and just grinded a bit it only ended up costing about what a jb would. 

[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
15,966 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

So you prove my point, if anything, you underline it, there are only 4 tech tree battle cruisers, all are low tier (Amagi being highest), all have bb MM. 7 of the in game BCs, from Graf Spee to Stalingrad, are premium/reward. All of these 7 have cruiser MM/. The only premium battlecruisers with bb MM are the mid/low tier Hood, arguably Scharnhorst, and perhaps Ashitaka.

In total there are 10 premium/reward BCs in the game, versus 4 tech tree BCs/ Scandalous, a pure unadulterated example of pay2win by the most basic definitions available, a shocking enabling of seal clubbing from Lesta HQ. Indefensible.

first no. graf spee and scharnhorst are not a battlecruisers or super cruisers.

secondly the battlecrusiers in the game are:

Myogi, Kongo, Amagi, Ashitaka, Hood, Krondsalt, Stalingrad. thats only 7 battlecruisers in the game

Gneis is LIKE a battlecruiser but not classified as a battlecruiser.

Alaska, Puerto rico, Yoshino, Azuma are all large/ heavy cruisers and not battlecruisers. 

perhaps you should research the naval doctrines before assuming everything with little armor that goes fast with big guns is a battlecruiser 

0 posts
9 minutes ago, Potato_Bait said:

Mate puerto rico is balanced and has hard counters, same with stalin. Hell you could get stalin in less than a year of saving your steel if you wanted to. Pr did cost a lot, but if you bought one or two of the boosters and just grinded a bit it only ended up costing about what a jb would. 

What hard counter does a Minotaur have versus Puerto Rico? They share cruiser mm, one is the slightly bigger than a dd leader, the other is slightly smaller than a Montana.

Fact is PR is pay2win, locked behind a health endangering mad grind & cash, in return for which this bb displacement bote gets to be paired off versus light cruisers with their pop guns. Stalingrad is also a premium/reward ship, locked behind participation in CB and ranked, Yet available to be played in random battles versus the general (and wholly innocent) population of casuals. A seal clubbers delight.

I fail to see what JB has to do with this. There are plenty of tech tree BBs, while JB is not locked behind a special unique game mode or cash, neither is it unfairly placed in cruiser MM, but in BB MM where it belongs.

[RBMK]
Members
49 posts
7,059 battles

What hard counter does a Minotaur have versus Puerto Rico? They share cruiser mm, one is the slightly bigger than a dd leader, the other is slightly smaller than a Montana.

Torpedos, fast firing ap rounds, smoke, islands, and a super heal. If you are close enough to get into pr's radar detection you have more issues than a supposedly p2w boat mate.

0 posts
14 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Alaska, Puerto rico, Yoshino, Azuma are all large/ heavy cruisers and not battlecruisers. 

semantics. They fit the defintion of battlecruiser, to a T. Prevarication and wet soap excuses why they should not be considered Battlecruisers have served a certain agenda very well. But it isn't for nothing that in every serious discussion outside of WOWS, they are described as battlecruiser. Each navy thought up their own, local, terminology, but in essence they all shared a similar role, inspired by similar fears, needs and objectives, with very similar answers.

I can already hear the winding up of the "Oh, Large Cruiser are'nt Battlecruisers because," completly ignoring historical studies and conventional usage of the term Battlecruiser, to describe them all, including by respected North American writers.

[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
15,966 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Stalingrad is also a premium/reward ship, locked behind participation in CB and ranked

also Stalingrad is NOT locked behind participation in CB and ranked. you can still get steel other ways. and if your THAT WORRIED ABOUT NOT BEING IN RANKED AND CB'S. then you shouldnt be one to suggest ships into the game.

Just now, Potato_Bait said:

Torpedos, fast firing ap rounds, smoke, islands, and a super heal. If you are close enough to get into pr's radar detection you have more issues than a supposedly p2w boat mate.

^THIS.

0 posts
1 minute ago, JessieTheKitty said:

also Stalingrad is NOT locked behind participation in CB and ranked. you can still get steel other ways.

how?

by buying special missions for cash? So it falls into the pay2win category, perfectly. You defeat your own argument.

[RBMK]
Members
49 posts
7,059 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

how?

by buying special missions for cash? So it falls into the pay2win category, perfectly. You defeat your own argument.

Mate it's a steel ship. You cannot actually buy steel, you get it through cw, ranked, missions, and snowflakes. How is that a paywall?

0 posts
40 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

[hidden]

nobody will earn enough from occasional snowflake events to buy Stalingrad, and you know it. Other than that, watch your language please.

[RBMK]
Members
49 posts
7,059 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

nobody wil earn enough from occasional snowflake events to buy Stalingrad, and you know it. Other than that, watch your language please.

That's why there is clan battles, Ranked, and super containers mate. What is 90th no longer able to field a fleet for that these days, or are you just not on it?

0 posts
1 minute ago, Potato_Bait said:

Mate it's a steel ship. You cannot actually buy steel, you get it through cw, ranked, missions, and snowflakes. How is that a paywall?

Missions to earn steel have been on sale in past Xmas events.

0 posts
1 minute ago, Potato_Bait said:

That's why there is clan battles, Ranked, and super containers mate. What is 90th no longer able to field a fleet for that these days, or are you just not on it?

My clan has nothing to do with this argument. Please avoid personal attacks. 

[NAM]
Members
2,151 posts
15,966 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

nobody wil earn enough from occasional snowflake events to buy Stalingrad, and you know it. Other than that, watch your language please.

ummm no. that's where your wrong. you can easily get it if your not lazy. its the SAME CONCEPT as grinding a line. your not going to be at kawachi then log in one day and be like.  O M G i have a yamato look at that. no. if you think thats how the game works than you should REALLY reconsidering having this game. 

and nah. ill say what i want to say cuz i dont care about you or your "iN tHe pOwEr oF 90tH aNd FrIeNdShiP"

[RBMK]
Members
49 posts
7,059 battles

Missions to earn steel have been on sale in past Xmas events.

Yep, and never were any of them enough to buy stalin. Steel ships are meant to reward people who play the game, not people who pay. It is incredibly easy to get steel in clan battles and ranked mate. I have personally gotten like 6 or 7k this season and I have only been on an average of 2 or 3 cw nights a week

Sign in to follow this