You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gin_Blossoms

A CV proposal (Rocket Planes as a Consumable)

7 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
224 posts
1,675 battles

When you click the battle button, hover over the number ships waiting for battle and see what Wargaming sees/defines as the roles of the ship types/classes they have designed.  I find it hilarious that CVs are...supposed to target/sink big ships.  But over and over, the first three minutes of most games is defined by rocket planes hunting and sniping DDs.   Rocket planes are devastating to destroyers, but at the same time, give the CV a real counter when a DD singles them out for battle.  My proposal would be a soft nerf to CVs while maintaining the spirit of ordinance variety.

Simply make Rocket Planes a consumable or have a re-arm/initial reload similar to that of a DD torpedo system.  This would allow for DD counterplay should a CV be hunted, but at the same time give DDs a better chance at early game survival.  If the rockets were not available for the first two minutes of a game (2 squadrons especially)...I think most DD captains would be fine with it.  It’s the soul crushing lack of counterplay that irks/vexes me.  This would also allow WG to explore CVs with more niche focus...such as seen with DD TRB, slower and faster torpedo rearm etc.  

Edited by Gin_Blossoms
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[90THI]
Members
549 posts
8,137 battles

but consumables are limited. What happens after the cv uses all the rocket plane consumables? Now he only has torp planes and dive bombers which means his planes are now reloading slower because he only has two types. I don’t think I would call that a “soft” nerf by any means. I’d call it a pretty hard nerf. 

imagine a situation like that in a game with 4 dd. He wouldn’t even be able to kill 1 dd in the lower tiers. Or even worse the odd ball game where you get 5 dd.. he drops 3,4 or 5 rocket planes on a dd MAYBE kills one and then he’s all out of rocket planes because he’s out of consumables. 

even if you make them an unlimited consumable the travel time it takes to get across the map means that it’ll be ready by the time he gets back to the dd he’s hunting which just negates the whole point of having them as a consumable in the first place. 

this idea would never work and I hate being hunted in a dd by a cv.. it’s all about staying with other ships and not rushing into the cap right at the start and properly managing smokes... that’s how you counter it.
If you run off by yourself you’re just asking to be singled out. 

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
818 posts
10,877 battles

I'll just give a funny reaction to this post...

[HINON]
Members
13,259 posts

Haha so dds would get even further from support and then get blapped by the CV for overextending. 

[WOLF1]
Members
357 posts
1,025 battles

Make it optional to load X number of total planes out of the fighter squadron with rockets and the rest as strafers to suppress aa gunnery

[-TOG-]
Members
172 posts
2,033 battles

No. This is just a blanket nerf to the only class that can smoke up and then shoot down your planes with impunity. 

Did have MORE counter play options against CV's than any other ships. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
On 2/26/2020 at 2:00 AM, Gin_Blossoms said:

When you click the battle button, hover over the number ships waiting for battle and see what Wargaming sees/defines as the roles of the ship types/classes they have designed.  I find it hilarious that CVs are...supposed to target/sink big ships.  But over and over, the first three minutes of most games is defined by rocket planes hunting and sniping DDs.   Rocket planes are devastating to destroyers, but at the same time, give the CV a real counter when a DD singles them out for battle.  My proposal would be a soft nerf to CVs while maintaining the spirit of ordinance variety.

Simply make Rocket Planes a consumable or have a re-arm/initial reload similar to that of a DD torpedo system.  This would allow for DD counterplay should a CV be hunted, but at the same time give DDs a better chance at early game survival.  If the rockets were not available for the first two minutes of a game (2 squadrons especially)...I think most DD captains would be fine with it.  It’s the soul crushing lack of counterplay that irks/vexes me.  This would also allow WG to explore CVs with more niche focus...such as seen with DD TRB, slower and faster torpedo rearm etc.  

Yea I am all for putting torps on consumable. Its really stupid that ships have unlimited torps.