Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TechSgt

Missing Ship???

12 comments in this topic

[5D5]
Members
94 posts
3,947 battles

So my buddy came over the other day and we were in my port and he noticed that I have the achievement in my Captains Log "beta tester" so he asked me if I liked playing my Arkansas beta.  I was never issued one for being a beta tester.  And when I opened a ticket there was no area for this.  How do I find out why I never received one.  As it was NOT in my list of ships ive sold or premium boats that I had.  

He said he was a Beta tester and also received one.  So it should be there.

Any input would be great.

[WORX]
Members
10,705 posts
18,577 battles

I dont see "beta tester" on your acct. here on the forum... Which, leads me to believe its a visual bug..

Also, make sure your ships are visual and that there are no visual filter applied..

[O_O]
Members
6,451 posts
15,357 battles
10 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

So my buddy came over the other day and we were in my port and he noticed that I have the achievement in my Captains Log "beta tester"

I don't have a beta tester "achievement" (I played in Open Beta, but not Closed Beta), but I do have a beta tester symbol.  I got it for participating in the CV rework beta test.  That and $2.75 gets me a free cup of coffee.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,131 posts
4,088 battles

Your forum profile doesn't say Beta tester, so I guess WG doesn't think you are. Though apparently you joined in 2012 which is long enough. Did you play closed Beta test? That's what would get you it. If not, then no Ark Beta for you. There are a couple other Beta tests (CVs, subs, open Beta I think) but those don't count. I'm guessing you did one of those, which isn't going to get you an Ark Beta.

I think if you don't have an Arkansas now, you're not getting one. That boat sailed a long time ago.

Members
4,370 posts
11,269 battles

The beta patch symbol is for various testings - cv, subs, and I think at one point it was just for participating in a certain number of pts sessions; I have it but never played in the cv or subs tests (or it could be from playing during open beta, not sure). There should be specific alpha and closed beta achievements I think, and if you had actually played in closed beta on this account you’d have a beta tester tag. 

Ark Beta was a further reward (like Iwaki Alpha) for doing certain things during the real rng testing period, I think relating to number of battles or certain testing, so it’s still possible for someone to have played in closed beta and have the tag but not have earned Ark Beta. 

[5D5]
Members
94 posts
3,947 battles

I guess WG screwed me.  Because I was invited to play closed beta and then again in open beta.  Well thats fine.  Not surprised wargaming messed up.  Its sort of what they do.

• Cool 1

Members
4,370 posts
11,269 battles
2 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

I guess WG screwed me.  Because I was invited to play closed beta and then again in open beta.  Well thats fine.  Not surprised wargaming messed up.  Its sort of what they do.

If you actually played during closed beta and completed the requirements (49 battles in any mode during the testing period), send a ticket to support. But since you don’t have the beta tester tag it’s more likely you didn’t complete the requirements for it. 

[5D5]
Members
94 posts
3,947 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

If you actually played during closed beta and completed the requirements (49 battles in any mode during the testing period), send a ticket to support. But since you don’t have the beta tester tag it’s more likely you didn’t complete the requirements for it. 

Then why is there a beta tester tag in my captains log.  Do i need to take a screen shot?

[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
22 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

Then why is there a beta tester tag in my captains log.  Do i need to take a screen shot?

The other posters up above already answered that question.

Members
848 posts
5,938 battles

I played in the CBT. I have the patch, the achievement and the Arkansas Beta in-game, but not the forum title. It’s not like I particularly care, but it is odd. I guess the occasional bloop does happen.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts

You had to have played in the closed Beta . Open beta testers such as myself did not receive the ship unfortunately.

[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
10 hours ago, TechSgt said:

For more completeness, the ark beta was only given to closed beta testers who played a certain number of battles during that time. Open beta began on July 2, 2015. Your wows start date was July 3, 2015 which means you are an open beta tester not a closed beta tester. This is why you have the beta tester symbol in game but only for being an open beta tester.

Sign in to follow this