Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MapleLeafForever

My Input So Far

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,135 battles

This is more for WG than anyone else, but please feel free to add.  After being privileged to get a beta invite for warplanes, I gave up on it early on and didn't give any feedback, which as a beta tester, I should have.  So i hope to right that wrong here with warships.

So far I love Tank, hated planes, and now Ships...

Overall, I am very pleased with where the game is so far.  I have an aviation background and hoped planes would be my new getaway, but it was not.  Tanks was never my thing until I started playing WoT and now I love tank history.  Other than being on one active Canadian destroyer, and the USS Midway and Missouri, I have no knowledge of naval warfare.  WoWS is changing this for the better.  So thank you for that.

On to the negative...

Not much really but I will add these 3 points that I had have issues with in WoWS.

1) Takes a long time to load into a game. I'm not talking about waiting in MM queue.  Once I'm loaded into a battle, sometime I don't get into a battle until its 50s in.  Somtimes I get in right away.  Don't have this issue with tanks so I'm not sure what could cause this.  Its battle loading is a different story.

2) The smoke coming out of the stacks sometimes turns white and has a graphics glitch.  It is only momentary so its hard to get a screen

3) there was one night where the game would boot me out continuously on battle loading.  Haven't had that issue since.

Other than that, it has been smooth sailing.  Issues seem minor at this point.   I will add any issue if they arise.

Thank you.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Item 2 Guessing you have an ATI card if so, then known bug

Item 1 If you have an HD, try Iobit's disk optimizer to optimize and prioritize your files it will speed up the loading time. You didn't list PC specs it might just be that your PC.  It's like a super defrag it reorganizes your files for contiguity, works well.  Beta client still, not a polished release.

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,135 battles

Yes, I run an ATi car.

specs

i5-4670k

8 gb ram

ATi R9 270X

I defrag on a weekly basis and to a full cleanup every weekend.  Like I said, Tanks loads no problems.  Everything else loads with not problems.  Something weird specifically with ships.  Sometimes its a non issue, most of the time it is.

I realize it's a Beta, but if you don't share the bugs, the final product may not be as good.

Thanks

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Ya don't worry about the silver flash on the smoke we get those also 290x here.  It's been reported.

Seriously try the Iobit disk optimizer it's much more than a defragger.  It will reorganize all your files so they run faster Instead of putting the books on the shelf it arranges them by alphabet, to give an analogy.  I have been using it for years and I find it really helps when installing new big patches.  I load in before the match starts with a WD 7200 HD.

Can get on Cnet, just unclick the 3 boxes of other crap they want to sneak in when you install.  Then run the slow optimizer file optimizer when you sleep tonight it will take a few hours.  I suspect the game files aren't arranged for continuity very well, because it's Beta and not a finished product.

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,135 battles

I've been using Iobit Pro for over 2 years now.  I have the full suite and it optimizes my HDD all the time.  Thanks for the advice.  Something else is causing this issue.

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,135 battles

Easy on the Katz there.  I do, this post started as input and turned into a discussion on another problem.   Always good to see positively directed input.

Sign in to follow this