Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raven2303

Constant Negative Credits Gain

25 comments in this topic

[RANGR]
Members
309 posts
3,968 battles

I find it nearly impossible to make an substantial amount of credits each game to even pay off the service cost without having a premium account, and this goes for most ship types.

Members
263 posts
2,832 battles
2 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

I find it nearly impossible to make an substantial amount of credits each game to even pay off the service cost without having a premium account, and this goes for most ship types.

At high tiers, that's pretty much (or literally), by design. Wargaming wants you to either pay to keep playing high tiers consistently, or drop to mid tiers to do credit farming to finance high tier play.

That said, T9 reward (FXP/coal/steel/event) ships are pretty easily sustainable. 

Also, I actually like the mid tiers.

• Cool 2

[RANGR]
Members
309 posts
3,968 battles
10 minutes ago, Enpra said:

At high tiers, that's pretty much (or literally), by design. Wargaming wants you to either pay to keep playing high tiers consistently, or drop to mid tiers to do credit farming to finance high tier play.

That said, T9 reward (FXP/coal/steel/event) ships are pretty easily sustainable. 

Also, I actually like the mid tiers.

Mid tiers aren't bad, but get boring when you want to play a good ship. Been trying out the Japanese CV line and I'm at a stock Shoukaku (besides rocket planes) and I find it really hard to even drop damage in it. Also to be nit picky, the engine sound loop has been looped very poorly, you can hear the cut.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles

As a new player, I remember moving up to Tier VII and noted the jump in costs and a smaller profit in credits.  But it was still quite doable.  Tier VIII it jumps up considerably, IX even worse, and X can be punitive.

As Enpra said, it's by design to get you to fork out money.  Either by Premium Account for more Credits and / or Perma-Camo with service cost reduction.  For the latter, it is a BIG DEAL because of the hefty cost reduction for Tier X ships.  I still remember when the game was new, Tier X had no Perma-Camo.  When the first batch arrived that was a significant moment.  Now all those guys running Tier X Yamato could do it more easily because of the massive -50% Tier X service cost reduction with that camo.

Anyways, the only ways to sustain High Tier gaming without spending money is to have high performance games, and / or play several games of mid tier ships to feed your high tier habits.  Before there were more High Tier Premium ships, before Tier X Perma-Camo, that's what more people had to do.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As a new player, I remember moving up to Tier VII and noted the jump in costs and a smaller profit in credits.  But it was still quite doable.  Tier VIII it jumps up considerably, IX even worse, and X can be punitive.

As Enpra said, it's by design to get you to fork out money.  Either by Premium Account for more Credits and / or Perma-Camo with service cost reduction.  For the latter, it is a BIG DEAL because of the hefty cost reduction for Tier X ships.  I still remember when the game was new, Tier X had no Perma-Camo.  When the first batch arrived that was a significant moment.  Now all those guys running Tier X Yamato could do it more easily because of the massive -50% Tier X service cost reduction with that camo.

Anyways, the only ways to sustain High Tier gaming without spending money is to have high performance games, and / or play several games of mid tier ships to feed your high tier habits.  Before there were more High Tier ships, before Tier X Perma-Camo, that's what more people had to do.

I'm basically there now. Have learned how not to lose credits in my Tier 7 New Orleans and Helena cruisers in Coop - but Albemarle is a PITA when not having free premium time.

I'm close to getting the Cleveland (there's a free perma-camo waiting for it) and am hoping I can use that ship to get through the "Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often" campaign without having to spend a ton of credits to do so.

For Randoms, I've only used ships up to and including Tier 6 so far. Well...there were a few Gorizia games when I had forgotten to click Coop. :fish_palm:

Edited by MichiganEagle

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
7 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

1. Get better -- the more XP you gain the more credits you accrue.
  2. Join a clan -- clan buildings can cut repair costs.
  3. Run economic signals -- there are two important standard ones (Zulu is the best) and also some special economic ones.
  4. Don't use premium consumables -- use only free consumables until you can start breaking even.
  5. Run a Premium account -- you can obtain these for free from events. For example, the current event lets you exchange tokens for Premium time.
  6. Get the two-star flag, at least, during Ranked and run it for the duration of Ranked season.
  7. Purchase or win a permacamo for higher tiers. I've won several of these and collected enough doubloons to buy more. This is the single thing you can do at tier X that will allow you to break even in credits.
  8. Turn off autopay for camo and signals -- use only the ones you get from crates, events, etc.
  9. Buy or win a Premium ship. I have several Premiums that I've gotten from awards, crates, events, gifts, etc.
  10. Play a few games at a lower tier for each one at a higher tier to pay for it until you get good enough to break even.
  11. Don't play Coop -- it's harder to break even economically in Coop.
  12. Choose the "More Credits" crate if you need a credit boost. Otherwise, chose "More Resources" and trade them for Zulu signals. Use coupons.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
830 posts
4,679 battles

The easiest things a Free to Play player can do are:

1. Grind coal, always pick Resource containers, and eventually pickup a T9 premium that you think you'll be good at. That's the best way you can make credits without paying WG cash for skins/premium. When I got my Georgia it made credit grinding much easier.
  2. Always be trying to progress the campaigns. There are good rewards, especially supercontainers which you might pull a premium ship, dubloons or premium time. You can repeat Campaign Missions. Even if you don't get another reward, you will still get the stars, and eventually progress the campaign.
  3. Scrape and grind for premium time and dubloons as you can. Try to save enough Dubloons to get a Scharnhorst or Atlanta to give you more grinding options.
  4. Join a clan. Just joining a WOLF* clan will give you a lot of little boosts to your various resources.
  5. Install the test server, it'll usually give you some free rewards for a very minimal amount of time.
  6. Whenever WG offer free premium skins for grinds, do them as best you can. Between 2019 Halloween and 2020 New Year's I got a bunch of them. Plus Halloween was actually pretty fun.

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles

You generally need to have consistently good games in Tier 9 and 10 to make credits without a premium account. 

If you are struggling for credits then going back to Tier 6/7 where the service costs are far easier to earn back is the way to go. Or play some premiums if you have any. 

[4HIM]
Members
3,015 posts
12,550 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Don't play Coop -- it's harder to break even economically in Coop.

Well, you CAN make credits in Co-op, but to do so you have to consistently score in the top 3 to do so in higher tier ships.  T7 is about the last tier where you can play PvE and not lose credits no mater if you have a good game or bad.  Only way you won't lose credits in higher tiers in PvE is if you're running premium time and perma-camo.  And even then, a mediocre game in a tech tree T9 will make you lose credits.  The premium T9's (coal or FXP ships) do well.  But for tech tree ships running perma-camo, the service cost is higher for a T9 than for a T10.  That's because a T9 perma-camo gets a 20% service cost reduction while the T10 version gets a 50% reduction.  

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

This is the same as WoWP and WoT.

I'm just waiting for them to nerf my Erie again. So I have to buy premium to break even.

[WMD]
Members
1,619 posts
9,730 battles
5 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

This is the same as WoWP and WoT.

I'm just waiting for them to nerf my Erie again. So I have to buy premium to break even.

It's almost like the company wants you to pay for the service you are using.... 

OP, the best measures have already been mentioned, but I will add that CVs have higher costs associated with service when compared to same tier ships. If you want to make money you are far better off running CA/CL or BBs. 

[FLOTR]
Members
180 posts

Tier 9 is a sweet spot. Cannot recall ever going negative credits in a game and I'm not that great a WoWs player. However, I will give a shout out to the Atago.....seems like I can do next to nothing in a game and still clear 300 to 500k credits. 

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
5 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

It's almost like the company wants you to pay for the service you are using.... 

Oh, they get paid.

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles
12 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

For players just entering T8 & higher battles the service cost does drain your credits with tech tree ships. Coops do not pay enough to support these higher tiered ships. This leaves farming lower to mid level randoms or ops for credits.

Check out the Wiki for game economics. Besides service cost there is an additional cost for each shell, torpedo & plane used. Understanding the cost can help you play more economical.

I assure you I do understand your pain.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,737 posts
4,630 battles
14 hours ago, Raven2303 said:

You think you supply any less information?  That tiers are you playing?  Game modes?  Consumables? What signals/camo?  Average damage? 

I hesitate to even bump this fake thread.

[BUOY]
Members
999 posts
14,477 battles
19 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

You think you supply any less information?  That tiers are you playing?  Game modes?  Consumables? What signals/camo?  Average damage? 

^This. It's impossible to help the OP when we don't know if he's struggling on T8 Randoms or going into T10 Co-op with a Worcester decked out with all premium consumables and a Type 5 camo.

Edited by lloyd1701

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
2 hours ago, wiztaxi said:

Tier 9 is a sweet spot. Cannot recall ever going negative credits in a game and I'm not that great a WoWs player. However, I will give a shout out to the Atago.....seems like I can do next to nothing in a game and still clear 300 to 500k credits. 

Musashi is like that for me.

I'm not really fond of it, it's too clumsy for me, but it always seems to earn decently, even in a "meh" game.

Georgia is pretty decent too. I do have to work harder, but being a more responsive ship, it's more fun to do so.

• Cool 1

[RANGR]
Members
309 posts
3,968 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

weirdchamp.png.fbab07db0b0493d241bf7cbb810f805c.png

[RANGR]
Members
309 posts
3,968 battles

I do not play co-op for credits or anything, playing a Shoukaku as I have stated above, also when playing my GK or Yamato, even with a premium account, credits can be hard to earn without having a god like game. If WG keeps adding higher tier premiums to make people draw themselves to high tiers, why do they make high tier so difficult to earn much without premium? I am not a pocket warrior so I don't have any high tier premiums, highest being 3 tier 7's i earned for free. Of course I am in a clan and we have most buildings built, I turn out to be one of the best players in the clan some how. I don't run premium consumables often as I have started to run out. I got plenty of credit flags but if I were to use them every game they would eventually run out and I'd be back where I was. I have all the campaigns finished besides Halsey, on the last mission of that one. I have a perma New Years camo, but cant add it to ships I play because its restricted to tier 8, and not allowed on CV's yet. Its almost as if you didn't read my last posts. I hesitate to even reply to this fake comment.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,387 posts
15,783 battles
10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:
  1. Get better -- the more XP you gain the more credits you accrue.
  2. Join a clan -- clan buildings can cut repair costs.
  3. Run economic signals -- there are two important standard ones (Zulu is the best) and also some special economic ones.
  4. Don't use premium consumables -- use only free consumables until you can start breaking even.
  5. Run a Premium account -- you can obtain these for free from events. For example, the current event lets you exchange tokens for Premium time.
  6. Get the two-star flag, at least, during Ranked and run it for the duration of Ranked season.
  7. Purchase or win a permacamo for higher tiers. I've won several of these and collected enough doubloons to buy more. This is the single thing you can do at tier X that will allow you to break even in credits.
  8. Turn off autopay for camo and signals -- use only the ones you get from crates, events, etc.
  9. Buy or win a Premium ship. I have several Premiums that I've gotten from awards, crates, events, gifts, etc.
  10. Play a few games at a lower tier for each one at a higher tier to pay for it until you get good enough to break even.
  11. Don't play Coop -- it's harder to break even economically in Coop.
  12. Choose the "More Credits" crate if you need a credit boost. Otherwise, chose "More Resources" and trade them for Zulu signals. Use coupons.

This ^^^^ particularly #10 if you wish to remain a free to play player.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
1 hour ago, Raven2303 said:

If WG keeps adding higher tier premiums to make people draw themselves to high tiers, why do they make high tier so difficult to earn much without premium?

Because they want you to pay for premium, or pay in some fashion to obtain a high-tier premium.

The only reason WG wants people to play high tiers, is because you're more likely to need to spend to play there, and higher-tier premium ships are more expensive.

If you're a free player, they don't really care what tier you play, although they do need to keep the population up, thus the coal and free XP premiums that allow free players to play high tiers consistently.

And you also have the option of playing mid-tier matches to finance high tiers. (this is what I do)

If you don't like playing mid tiers, and don't want to pay, you're pretty much screwed, unless you're a pretty good player.

[RANGR]
Members
309 posts
3,968 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Because they want you to pay for premium, or pay in some fashion to obtain a high-tier premium.

The only reason WG wants people to play high tiers, is because you're more likely to need to spend to play there, and higher-tier premium ships are more expensive.

If you're a free player, they don't really care what tier you play, although they do need to keep the population up, thus the coal and free XP premiums that allow free players to play high tiers consistently.

And you also have the option of playing mid-tier matches to finance high tiers. (this is what I do)

If you don't like playing mid tiers, and don't want to pay, you're pretty much screwed, unless you're a pretty good player.

Damn, give me your shekels 

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
1 hour ago, Raven2303 said:

Damn, give me your shekels 

Lol down to less than 2 million now, bought and outfitted 3 T8s, and bought some upgrade modules.

The two biggest things I advise are, generate a stable of mid-tier ships you enjoy playing, and take advantage of any and all freebies.

The British directives are a good example. Save all your tokens, and spend them on premium time. Use that time to grind your best earners, with as much bonus credit/service cost reduction camo/signals as you can stack. Forget about grinding XP, you can't help but gain that, no matter what you play.

Other things that have helped me are picking resource crates. Not only do you get more coal, (which can get you a T9 premium quicker) but you typically get economic flags. I don't bother with credit containers, as 3-4 decent mid tier games will earn you about the same amount.

Be on the lookout here for codes. Many people will post codes from streamers, and free stuff is always good.

Also, if you like a ship, but have the next one unlocked, keep it. Otherwise, you sell the ship for 1/2 price, and end up buying it back later for full price.

One other thing, when you get 19-point captains, put them on ships you want (and can afford) to play. Better to have him on a T7 you can play constantly if you want to, than a T10 that you can't always afford to play.

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,737 posts
4,630 battles
33 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

One other thing, when you get 19-point captains, put them on ships you want (and can afford) to play. Better to have him on a T7 you can play constantly if you want to, than a T10 that you can't always afford to play.

Good advice.  The loss of Narai neutered my 19 pointers.  C'mon WG !!

[WOLFG]
Members
28,931 posts
8,200 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Good advice.  The loss of Narai neutered my 19 pointers.  C'mon WG !!

Yeah, I left my first one on Hindy because I actually love the ship.

Second one was on GK, now he's on Bayern. (Gneis and Bis already have pretty good captains) Third is staying on Amagi. Fourth will be Yamamoto, and he's staying on Nagato. 

Sign in to follow this