You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

I think I am done for the day...

26 comments in this topic

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
8,504 battles

after 10 losses in a row and games like this, I am done for the day....

shot-20.02.25_16.03.10-0203.jpg

• Cool 1

[TRU]
Members
606 posts
18,262 battles

You probably could have tanked just a bit more damage.   Really let your team down.....lol.

I hear ya.  It seems that I rarely ever have a night where I actually hit my normal win rate.  I either win despite being the team potato, or I lose with awesome damage, kills, caps, etc.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” -- Heraclitus of Ephesus

Well Racer, you fought hard, yes Racer, you tried
You were a good soldier so hold your head up high
For even the greatest sometimes must fall
Racer, you stayed the course, you gave your all -- 
Johnny Horton (paraphrased)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
10,679 posts
18,567 battles

Change your tactics... Instead of DMG farming, try to sink the priority target... Meaning, instead of going after BBs, sink cruisers or whoever is topping the red side in kills.

DMG farming is good to have cool looking stats... It will not earn you the win.

GL

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
20 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” -- Heraclitus of Ephesus

Or, more appropriately;

’Out of every twelve; two shouldn’t be there, seven are just targets, two are real fighters, and the one; the one shall carry the day and bring victory to the rest.’

Or as I think @Lert and many others like to say; ‘Sometimes victory is determined by your team being less bad than the Reds.’

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,159 posts
19,011 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Or as I think @Lert and many others like to say; ‘Sometimes victory is determined by your team being less bad than the Reds.’

Something like that, yes.

• Cool 1

[BB35]
Beta Testers
3,112 posts
25,938 battles
52 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

10 loss's  in a row I be done for the week !

[SPTR]
Members
27,146 posts
16,403 battles

10 losses in a row OUCH!

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Out of any 12 men, 3 are stoned, 2 are drunk, 3 are focusing on missions, 2 really care and are good, one is afk and one is playing on cellphone connection in the Andes.

• Funny 7

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,894 posts
17,943 battles

If they were in one sitting, then the loss psyche can come into play.  This is part of the human cognitive condition.  We all have it to a degree, whether we are conscious of it or not.  It goes something like this:  After a certain number of losses, the brain begins to foster a defeatist attitude. Again, this is often subconscious, so it's easy to deny we're affected by it...but we ARE affected by it.  As we are all affected to different degrees, it might just be a few percentage point delta or a double figure delta. 

I'd recommend that after five straight loses in one sitting that one leave the game and transition to a new task.  Do so long enough to totally forget the loss streak.  This will often break the loss psyche. 

That said.  Even after a break, the laws of percentages in random game rolls can still deliver ten straight loses.  But by taking the five game break, you are letting the standard percentages continue their run vice skewing those percentages toward the loss column.  

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles
17 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

UGH, I'm sorry you had THAT MANY losses in a row :( 

You're better than me, my rule of thumb is 4 and done.... 

But GG to you.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[STAR]
SuperTest Coordinator
373 posts
11,019 battles

My limit is 3 losses. Then I shamelessly div up with good players. If the trend continues, switch to scenarios (if you have stomach for 'Defeat' of New Port and a team of random players).

But - God bless - Newport is over for this week.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Brooklin82 said:

switch to scenarios (if you have stomach for 'Defeat' of New Port and a team of random players)

Hey i got 5 stars last night in New Port with mostly a random team..  I was in a div with one other of my clan..   I think the stars aligned or some other miracle happened.. we killed 3 ships "just and i mean JUST" as they were about the cross the line on the 3rd wave..  Romeo didn't do a bonehead and get killed..  I was pretty focused on the left side being in the repair circle but we took out the small fry first and then it was all hands on each of the biggies.. 

Was a good game all around..  we got it in before the server changed over.. 

i think in a week of playing it i got 5 stars i'm pretty sure only 3 times.. 4 stars a few times and it was down hill from there.. tough scenario but i like the challenge.. 

[STAR]
SuperTest Coordinator
373 posts
11,019 battles
3 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

Hey i got 5 stars last night in New Port with mostly a random team..

Remember to pay your respects to RNGesus, for he has smiled upon you.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,904 battles
33 minutes ago, Brooklin82 said:

My limit is 3 losses. Then I shamelessly div up with good players. If the trend continues, switch to scenarios (if you have stomach for 'Defeat' of New Port and a team of random players).

But - God bless - Newport is over for this week.

I dunno if that's a shameless move, misery loves company? LOL

-Hapa

[FLOTR]
Members
180 posts

Happens to me daily it seems. 

Is what it is I guess... that's the consolation you tell yourself at least. 

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles

I lost 7 in a row yesterday in the Venezia, similar to what you are showing.  Looks like you tactics were fine from your screen shot, you cant really carry in this game unless the other team is all new players. Take a break hope you have better luck tomorrow.

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,072 battles

Don't feel too bad, i have these on almost daily basis.....killing almost half the red team with load of dmg won't necessarily get you any win either.

You are going to have to sink at least 8 to 10 enemy ships to carry a complete trash team.

4.jpg

5.jpg

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
20 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

10 losses in a row OUCH!

I had 16 losses in a row the other day. It’s quite depressing. 

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles
29 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Don't feel too bad, i have these on almost daily basis.....killing almost half the red team with load of dmg won't necessarily get you any win either.

You are going to have to sink at least 8 to 10 enemy ships to carry a complete trash team.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Just waiting for the obligatory poster who will come in a say you should change your tactics....it will happen just wait lol

[UEFN]
Members
1,336 posts
23,072 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Just waiting for the obligatory poster who will come in a say you should change your tactics....it will happen just wait lol

Yea, and they'd be like....if you ain't sinking 12 enemy ships and do 600k dmg you ain't being gurd enough!  LOL  

Members
2,947 posts
36,731 battles
16 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Welcome to "Why I Avoid PVP Mulitplayer, Part 37".

^^^^^^^^

Tis a comedy of errors this Random game is.

I might try it in a few weeks. Have to do stuff first. I need clean bill of health before going to randoms.

Because it is either going to be funny in there even if I lose, or a hissy fit festival.

Losses do drag you down. But it pays to have a buddy in your time slot. You can either division in match, win or lose. Or go to co-op, training room, or scenarios.

Just make sure you have the abs for that bonding scene on the beach while you play volleyball listening to Kenny Loggins.

It's always a highway to the dangerzone with me. LOL