Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

DD Players: Caps or Damage/Kills a Discussion on Prioritizing Your Time

8 comments in this topic

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,457 battles

Its been a while since I posted a game where I had to get serious about cap control.  My team gets out capped three to zero on top of being down a ship.  Maybe this video will help players understand when you need to be focused on cap control and when playing for damage and kills is a better option to permanently win caps.

• Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,241 battles

All I know is at little D_KK, bat winged or angel winged, I’m not sure; over my shoulder, telling me to pay attention to positioning, and to think about shooting more, pretty much in everything, never mind just in destroyers.

Members
745 posts

Capping and spotting is dependent on your HP, concealment, and armament. Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to rush straight into a cap. You're betting off trying to get a few targets spotted for your team, scope out the situation, and determine whether you should move into the cap. For some ships this is an easy decision: a Tashkent is (probably) not going to yolo into a cap considering its cruiser-like concealment. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,695 posts

Huge question with many nuanced answers depending on boat chosen.

Just briefly, Some suck at capping with horrible concealment or no smokes. Some Excell at it but can't really contest against gunboats without support. Some are in between.

Also, you really want to wait a little to find or see where radar boats are. There are also concerns over aircraft and AA strength/support.

If you determine the time isn't right for capping then you need to get busy spotting and denying areas with torps. Getting into a secure ambush position or out on a flank is a great way to act as a deterrent and get some damage depending on your armament.

Bottom line :Balance survival with engagement leveraging ship strengths, minimizing weaknesses as well as teamwork (when it exists).

Edited by thebigblue

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,175 battles

Nice video Kuro congratulations on getting the Community Contributor you deserve it +1.

• Cool 2

Members
11 posts
98 battles

Thanks for sharing Kuro, love your dd videos.

IJN dds are my favourite class.

On topic with AL Yukikaze I'm annoyed I didnt get it last year.

Do you think Yukikaze will come back in the shop?

Sign in to follow this