Sign in to follow this  
wolfkind252

Who's the intelligent moron?

13 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,100 battles

on the way to school today the bus hit a hole in the road, according to everybody that drives on that road a semi with a normal trailer and a full trailer could easily avoid it, but our great grand idiot bus driver decided to go through it and broke the front axle, so we had to wait for a tow truck from High River to come pick us up out of the hole, AND another bus to take us to school, I was only 2 hrs late

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,202 battles

Is this a dig at how some of us drive ships? Big island, warning horn and HUD display, and yet...

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,569 battles

It was a long time ago, but I don't remember being upset about being late to school.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,636 posts
29 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

on the way to school today the bus hit a hole in the road, according to everybody that drives on that road a semi with a normal trailer and a full trailer could easily avoid it, but our great grand idiot bus driver decided to go through it and broke the front axle, so we had to wait for a tow truck from High River to come pick us up out of the hole, AND another bus to take us to school, I was only 2 hrs late

That's one day you will remember for a long time though. I can barely remember the many times I rode in a school bus other than the few times something went wrong, which made them stand out.

[RLGN]
Members
14,302 posts
25,209 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That's one day you will remember for a long time though. I can barely remember the many times I rode in a school bus other than the few times something went wrong, which made them stand out.

Had a bus driver fishtail when someone came over in front of her too close, tail of the bus bashed a creosote telephone pole. Scared the heck out of all us kids, and our poor driver as well. Was so loud all of us were surprised the side of the bus wasn’t caved in.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,771 posts
4,631 battles
12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I went to a Jesuit school for a while and had to take a long bus to get there.  Fr. Deeves, the bus driver, mechanic, etc.. had Top 40 radio on the box back when Top 40 was good.  I remember those rides.  Fortunately, did a lot of walking the rest of my pre-college career.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,636 posts
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I went to a Jesuit school for a while and had to take a long bus to get there.  Fr. Deeves, the bus driver, mechanic, etc.. had Top 40 radio on the box back when Top 40 was good.  I remember those rides.  Fortunately, did a lot of walking the rest of my pre-college career.

I lived in town so I walked to school. However, at least once a week we usually took a bus to a game or some other activity. Dad was a teacher. He made $5000 a year starting out but you got an extra $800 if you were a coach and also drove a bus. Therefore, Dad would get up at 6 AM, drive out and pick up a couple dozen country kids, teach all day, have ball practice after school, take his country players home, and get back to the house about 7 PM for supper. He did this for 40 years. On the weekends and in the summers he built houses. The year he retired, Dad made less teaching than my brother did in his first job after graduating from business school. You gotta really like teaching if you do it because you don't do it for the money. I should know, I ended up teaching myself.

• Cool 2

Members
3,584 posts
12,964 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

In middle school was on the bus heading home, driver drove into a ditch. Sucked cause was only maybe a mile from my house but had to sit there for a couple hours to make sure we were alright. 

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Is this a dig at how some of us drive ships? Big island, warning horn and HUD display, and yet...

Hey!!!  I resemble that remark. :Smile_veryhappy:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,098 posts
19,199 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

on the way to school today

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,100 battles

we had a different bus now, its #16 instead of 24, oh boy, at home its easy I see a bus I get on it, at school I have to walks  to the other end of the building now

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
607 posts
8,341 battles
18 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

With regards to the way this post was communicated, I can understand being upset about not making it to school on time.  :Smile_trollface:

That aside, bus issues were the reason I switched to a bicycle to get to school.  This broke my dependence on bus transportation to get to school, allowed me to arrive and leave school at the time I desired, and kept me a lot healthier than I would have been had I kept riding the bus.  Also allowed me to avoid the whole bullying [edited] from older kids and the saved seats and other unneeded social nonsense that comes from school bus riding.  Of course, I lived in an area where the weather wasn't an issue for most of the year so that helped.  If you are near High River, AB, I suspect weather can be a major concern at times so not so easy to escape dependency on a bus,  but it still can be something to think about.

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,100 battles

I would ride a bike but I'm not going 17km one way, I go to school in High River I live out on Range rd 275

Edited by wolfkind252

Sign in to follow this