You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarneyStyle

Does your blacklist have a limit? Mines getting mighty full

37 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,202 battles

Just curious, with the amount of [edited] playing this game at tier 10 it’s getting mighty full...  I hope I don’t run out of space.

• Funny 1

Members
3,584 posts
12,964 battles

I dont think I have anyone on my blacklist. 

No one has ever msg'd me negatively in-game. 

Does blacklisting do something other than block msgs?

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,202 battles
3 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

I dont think I have anyone on my blacklist. 

No one has ever msg'd me negatively in-game. 

Does blacklisting do something other than block msgs?

I use it to track potato’s

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,042 posts
12,725 battles

I don't leave people on my blacklist very long. With the number of people playing, I doubt I will see any particular person that earned themselves a place on it at a later date. Might see the same guy a couple times in the night, but that's about it.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,674 posts
7,483 battles
6 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I use it to track potato’s

There's no point, they're the majority. You're better off tracking good players.

[R-F]
[R-F]
Members
705 posts
27,730 battles

Can you add me? 

I have a feeling I might hurt you're sensitive fragile feelings so I would like to be pro-active about it. 

Thank you in advance. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,843 battles

I think there is a limit. Have not used it in years though.

0 posts
14 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Just curious, with the amount of [edited] playing this game at tier 10 it’s getting mighty full...  I hope I don’t run out of space.

I don't think you should worry about this.

Mine exceeding few hundreds now. It's convenient way to exclude toxic/dumb players from chat so you won't spend time filtering their nonsense.

Sadly it means I believe that people don't change.

there are few people who have been released from (my) blacklist (after communicating with them over discord). That just means every now and then pretty much anybody can be toxic/dumb. I'm surely also on somebody's list ;)

0 posts
3 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Can you add me? 

I have a feeling I might hurt you're sensitive fragile feelings so I would like to be pro-active about it. 

Thank you in advance. 

Funny you have mentioned, you actually was released from my list... where you've been for quite long since as far as i remember some nonsense during one of ranked games. blacklisting clan-mates is unpatriotic... besides some people are plain-toxic and some are funny-toxic. Missing last would be a shame

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,202 battles
7 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

There's no point, they're the majority. You're better off tracking good players.

At the moment, that’s impossible.

7 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Can you add me? 

Thank you in advance. 

No, I don’t shy away from spicy language, if you’re terrible and blow a game for me, that’s reserved you a seat at the table.

16 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Am I on it? 

No, just because we disagree sometimes doesn’t mean I won’t listen.  

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
1 minute ago, BarneyStyle said:

At the moment, that’s impossible.

No, I don’t shy away from spicy language, if you’re terrible and blow a game for me, that’s reserved you a seat at the table.

No, just because we disagree sometimes doesn’t mean I won’t listen.  

Honestly the o ly thing I know with chat ui is the more people you have on your chat contacts (blacklist possibly included) the slower your ui seems to be. 

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,338 battles
27 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I'm curious if there's a way to tell how many are on it. I use the list for not just the real jerks (like anyone who spams chat/Fn keys...) but to ID the terribad folks. So... I'd be curious to measure mine against yours. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles
21 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I don't leave people on my blacklist very long. With the number of people playing, I doubt I will see any particular person that earned themselves a place on it at a later date. Might see the same guy a couple times in the night, but that's about it.

This, I have blacklisted a few people but after not seeing them for awhile I take them off.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,630 posts

I only blacklist someone if they follow me to Port and keep messaging me inappropriately. Usually people that are that irate about the game don't play it long, however, so after a couple of months I take them off the blacklist and never hear from them again.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,674 posts
7,483 battles
38 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Honestly the o ly thing I know with chat ui is the more people you have on your chat contacts (blacklist possibly included) the slower your ui seems to be. 

That used to be the case with me, but one update a couple months ago totally fixed it. Somehow.

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,025 battles

I probably have about 100 people blacklisted.

This is all because of ranked.

Ranked is where their insanity really comes through. Karma will be zero in about 24 hours. Angry messages received in port frequently.

Just play a DD in ranked. Radar, hydro and planes don't matter. Get up there and spot in hydro and radar so they can farm damage.

Got it.

What a joy.

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,202 battles
1 hour ago, Lt_Newcastle said:

I probably have about 100 people blacklisted.

This is all because of ranked.

Ranked is where their insanity really comes through. Karma will be zero in about 24 hours. Angry messages received in port frequently.

Just play a DD in ranked. Radar, hydro and planes don't matter. Get up there and spot in hydro and radar so they can farm damage.

Got it.

What a joy.

Muah haha, little do they know I’m already chat banned...  for something unknown.  But my Karma is yo because I can’t tell people they suck! 

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles

I only have 5 right now. All of them armchair admirals who felt the need to msg me in port and critique my performance in a previous game. I look them up in stats n numbers " all of them had more than 2k battles with sub 50% wr and less than stellar numbers overall." Before blocking them, I send a friendly message letting them know they aren't very good, and probably shouldn't be criticizing other peoples play/ giving people suggestions on how to play. Petty? Sure, but I get bored sometimes. 

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,365 battles
3 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

Has no limit. I have easy over 500 player on my black list

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles

No one is, or has been worthy enough to be on my black list, people are often to soft and easily offended, over hearing the truth, and yes your UI does slow down if you have to many people on it