You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FWGuy

London Premium Cruiser

19 comments in this topic

[GTF]
Members
17 posts
9,285 battles

I bought the Premium London becuase it could serve as a Captains training ship plus this feature - Until April 30, 2020, owners of this bundle will have access to a special combat mission. The first 25 battles played on this ship in any battle type will bring you three times (3x) more XP than usual.  So I get it an play Random battles and all I do is "Loose" !! I have played 3-days and 3-games each day and all I have is 9 loses in a row to show for it.  I am a 44% win player in Random so on average I should get 4 wins.  The odds of loosing 9 games or 9 Tails in a row is about 0.2%.

This really seems to be a deliberate manipulation of the game where a ship is always placed on a team predetermined to loose that macth.  Has anyone else seen such a streak of bad luck or constant loses.  I can play up to Tier X ships and clan & ranked battles all the time.  So a Tier VI ship is no problem to play.

Any thoughts or simlar situations?

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
930 posts
10,176 battles

It's called tilt. All games with any kind of random chance, both electronic and tabletop, deal with it. Basically you are on a cold streak. in comparison I am actually on a hot streak with my London. When in doubt go play a game in co-op and get your win for the mission for the day. then play something else and come back to your London tomorrow. That is my best advice for you.

[GTF]
Members
17 posts
9,285 battles
23 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

With only 3 games a day, and only 9 games total; it's difficult to say. Small sample size. 

Thanks for the input, I am not having problems with other ships, since i win about the normal rate in Random with Tier VIII and IX ships that I am trying to push to the next level.

Its just this London,,,,  :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF9]
Members
101 posts
12,138 battles

I don’t have the London yet, but am up to the Aberdeen (Tier VIII) CA, so take my feedback with a grain of salt if you wish.

Looking at your stats I see that you only survive about 20% of your battles and your average damage is low, suggesting you either tend to over-extend or you position yourself in a way that doesn’t protect your broadside, thereby dying early.  

The British CA’s are pretty stout if well angled, but are punished hard if you show broadside.  Unfortunately they are also overmatched by the higher caliber BB’s, so if you find yourself going up against one of these, reposition and burn them down from cover.

I recommend focusing on surviving and looking to stack your damage over the full length of the game.  It’s hard to win games if you don’t regularly survive into the late game.

Good luck!

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
264 posts
9,187 battles

The London is a little weird. Good guns, smoke and hydro and heal, but then it's easily detected and easily damaged.

It usually takes me some practice to learn a ship. Maybe you're doing that. Purple Dawn made some excellent suggestions.

For my daily win and 200% bonus XP, I've been hitting the scenarios.

Members
1,057 posts
4,376 battles

Try and think of the London as an upsized Leander, and you wouldn't be off the mark by much. She largely mimicks the layout of the Leander, with the one difference being the much larger guns. That's how I did it when I played it on the PTS, and I won every single game that I played in it, as I did in the Leander.

Point is, be a Leander. Trust me, you won't be punished for it.

Members
4,314 posts
4,585 battles

London is interesting. Trading DPM for raw damage. She know how to hurt, but like the British line requires you to think ahead in terms of escape routes and maneuvering. 6km'ish detection in smoke is handy, but I do miss the 4km'ish detection of Leander, Perth and Huang He. Especially the crawling smoke. All and all an alright ship with a bit of a learning curve due to the short range and light armor. Like Purple Dawn says, survival is important. People may suggest to play it close with the DDs, but it also gets you into trouble quick. A tactic for the more experienced player. 

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
345 posts
23,264 battles

I actually watched a CC play London and only use a single smoke at the end as defensive measure. He had 4 total.

These brit CA are tricky to play and many players don't understand this play style. It fits my style well and I enjoy tier 8 a lot. However it is very easy to make a mistake and get deleted.

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
931 posts
30,940 battles

london= need buff -.

1- torps as all typical cuiser UK .8k RANGE & 61 speed

2- health 30 seconds as all cuiser uk , actuallity is 10 sencond is nothing & only 1 charged , all have +2 up

3- main guns is has nerf reload,turn, damaged alpha, compare vs devonshire both has same guns 

THE LONDON HAS WORST NERF OF GAME .

shot-20.03.04_11.59.08-0741.jpg

shot-20.03.04_12.02.22-0867.jpg

[THREE]
Members
2,402 posts
13,197 battles

Hey

I have to say I really enjoy the London; a very fun and engaging heavy cruiser and have done decently well with it.  It's a little short ranged but having the smoke makes a big difference and of course there are the torps and good gun accuracy.  It's a strong ship IMHO when played correctly.  I was disappointed that the T8 Cheshire did not have smoke and with 6 guns, thought the reload should be a bit quicker, still debating about getting it.  London for me, is a good boat.

Pete 

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,216 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 1:19 PM, FWGuy said:

I have played 3-days and 3-games each day and all I have is 9 loses in a row to show for it.  I am a 44% win player in Random so on average I should get 4 wins.

Winning and losing streaks happen. Flipping 10 heads in a row is unlikely but easily doable. If you had won 10 games in a row, you would probably be thinking you are really good in this ship. One question would be: "How did YOU do?" Are you having bad games (deleted early, do little damage, etc.) or is the team just bad?  If you have a bad game and still end up at the top of the rankings, you know you had a really bad team (MM hates you but you need to improve also). If you are doing well but the team still loses, you again have a bad team (MM still hates you). If you end up at the bottom of the rankings, you may not be clicking with the ship and really need to improve (MM hates you enough to not give you a team that can carry you).

Edited by Sabot_100

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
931 posts
30,940 battles

the london is bad, why WG does premiun ships but bad as london? the devoshire is better in all.

[SRPH]
Members
92 posts
1,608 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Why could you buy it since it's so easy to get for free...

The Admiral package also came with a number of signals, 2,000 doubloons, a bunch of silver, and a 10 point captain in addition to the 25 bonus missions, and 10 extra British tokens a day for your first win through the 9.1.1 update. I don’t play enough to unlock Andrew Cunningham for free and I don’t run randoms much at all, I’m a very casual player. I bought it the week the second directive opened, used the doubloons to buy Charles-Henri Honoré for my Aigle that I had got for coal, and while playing exclusively co-op with no scenarios or randoms, last night managed to unlock Andrew Cunningham along with getting 8,000 doubloons for London and the Victorian White camo it came with. Essentially, I earned the premium version of one of my favorite ships (Devonshire), got to play it early, and actually used real money to increase game enjoyment by buying a bunch of doubloons that’ll last me a good long while, extra silver, signals, XP missions, two legendary 10 point captains, and one regular 10 point captain for the money. Not a bad deal overall for a game I play a couple hours a night when I get home from work. 

Edited by Chados

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,216 battles
On 3/5/2020 at 6:28 AM, rafael_azuaje said:

the london is bad, why WG does premiun ships but bad as london? the devoshire is better in all.

Just got it. I'm not sure it is bad, but it certainly isn't good. Smoke would be way more useful if the guns could shoot further.  Targets have to be too close to open fire so most of the time you get spotted in smoke by ships closing the distance or an unseen DD. Heal is  minimal. Guns are OK at best. Still learning the quirks. Maybe it will get better.

I guess its OK to not have every new ship powercreep all the existing ships. 

Edited by Sabot_100

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
931 posts
30,940 battles
11 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just got it. I'm not sure it is bad, but it certainly isn't good. Smoke would be way more useful if the guns could shoot further.  Targets have to be too close to open fire so most of the time you get spotted in smoke by ships closing the distance or an unseen DD. Heal is  minimal. Guns are OK at best. Still learning the quirks. Maybe it will get better.

I guess its OK to not have every new ship powercreep all the existing ships. 

ok ok, well, the bad the cruiser LONDON for T6,  POINTS:

1-poor health 10 secs , all cruiser game is 26 to 20 secs

2- main guns= slower turn, reload, short range, poor damage alpha. compared vs devonshire

3-hydro all hydro range all cruiser is of 4k for ships detects as omaha,leander,perth,devonshire,budyonny,pensacola/dallas in 4k in stock ,,,,, london only 3k for ship detects(NOTHING)

4- ANTI TORPS PROCTETION LONDON IS 4% & devonshire is 16% and both same hull.

5-the torpedoes london has torps of 7k range & speed 59k and reload 106secs / devonshire is 8k range , 61 speed and reload 96 secs.

LONDON its  very nerf. a cruiser T6 but with characters of T5, and when has battle T8 is nothing.

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,216 battles
4 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

ok ok, well, the bad the cruiser LONDON for T6,  POINTS:

Sounds bad but currently the London with all its faults is doing above average and the Devonshire is doing great. You are comparing London to a ship that might end up getting nerfed  if it keeps doing as well as it is now. Low numbers of games on both so they haven't "settled in" yet. I anticipate both will drop in the standings  eventually but I don't think London will ever drop to Pepsi levels of bad (and WG has had ample chance to buff that ship but never has). 

London's inadequacies vs the Devonshire may be why it wasn't put up for sale but offered as an event earned ship. It gives you a heavy cruiser captain trainer if you keep it. If not, you got a "free" port slot and 3 pt captain out of it anyway.