You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Let the player base chose.

15 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,543 battles

With all the division in the player base over the subs, one solution would be have a link for those who wants to play with the subs, and for those of us who will not play with subs can continue to play the way the game was designed, Your Player base is shrinking. This is a way to keep player base and give us a choice,  the only thing different would be the arena. Simple solution but I know not heeded on the Farm.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 2

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
5,001 battles

So the solution to a "shrinking playerbase" is to split the queue even more? Not to sure that's going to work out. 

The solution to subs would be to provide actually constructive feedback collectively as a community. Instead, people find it easier to simply hate on the class or quit the game. Everything is left on WGs plate to balance, and then they recieve even more hate when things turn out less than ideal. Forums and community coords exist for a reason. I'm just hoping they get used appropiatley when subs arrive in the game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,595 posts
25,085 battles

Oh, sorry... from the title I thought this was a humor/joke post.

Bye.

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,104 posts
4,084 battles
26 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

With all the division in the player base over the subs, one solution would be have a link for those who wants to play with the subs, and for those of us who will not play with subs can continue to play the way the game was designed, Your Player base is shrinking. This is a way to keep player base and give us a choice,  the only thing different would be the arena. Simple solution but I know not heeded on the Farm.

A) The playerbase is not shrinking, except on the RU server. NA is actually growing.

B) The plan for subs right now is for them to get their own gamemode. Whether they'll ever get into Randoms is still uncertain. So if you don't want subs, don't play the sub mode.

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
636 posts
21,543 battles
19 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

So the solution to a "shrinking playerbase" is to split the queue even more? Not to sure that's going to work out. 

No looking at it money wise, Example: 5000 player base 3000 base game 2000 base game with subs. base player still spend money, Base + spends money so 3000 +2000 = 5000. Still spending money, Now base player who do not want subs -500, 2500+2000 = 4500 spending money. Or maybe it might work, I am betting the Subs Sink the game. It was just a thought.  

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,747 posts
21,508 battles
21 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

No looking at it money wise, Example: 5000 player base 3000 base game 2000 base game with subs. base player still spend money, Base + spends money so 3000 +2000 = 5000. Still spending money, Now base player who do not want subs -500, 2500+2000 = 4500 spending money. Or maybe it might work, I am betting the Subs Sink the game. It was just a thought.  

I think you are missing the point there, Chief. If you let players choose to participate in a Sub battle or a CV battle or include one but not the other then you have shrunk the number of players for that queue. Then you get into 3 minute waits and MM queue dumps of 6 v 6 or 1 v 1 which no one likes. The population at all times is not yet large enough to support that distinction. The fact that WG is even considering a separate game mode for subs is surprising but I think they need it to get more data to balance subs for mainstream participation.

[TBW]
Members
10,283 posts
17,482 battles

They should combine the regions that they can and population would maybe be big enough to do that.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I am betting the Subs Sink the game.

You mean it wasn't radar, or hydro, or RPF, or the CV rework, or Puerto Rico? The sky is NOT falling!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
3 hours ago, Khafni said:

I think you are missing the point there, Chief. If you let players choose to participate in a Sub battle or a CV battle or include one but not the other then you have shrunk the number of players for that queue. Then you get into 3 minute waits and MM queue dumps of 6 v 6 or 1 v 1 which no one likes. The population at all times is not yet large enough to support that distinction. The fact that WG is even considering a separate game mode for subs is surprising but I think they need it to get more data to balance subs for mainstream participation.

The submarine sandbox is for continued testing using the live client. Personally I would be quite happy if they never leave that sandbox.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,037 posts
12,715 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The submarine sandbox is for continued testing using the live client. Personally I would be quite happy if they never leave that sandbox.

I'm of the same opinion, I don't see how they can resemble WWII submarines in the slightest, be tossed into randoms, and be fun for either side.

In a scenario or game mode designed for them, sure. It's not a technical issue, it's a player workload issue.

However, I understand they'll get forced into randoms, and the only resemblance to a WWII sub with be the skin. Then the game goes the way of warplanes.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,747 posts
21,508 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I would prefer they stop wasting dev hours on them completely but likely someone has staked a reputation on subs.

2 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I'm of the same opinion, I don't see how they can resemble WWII submarines in the slightest, be tossed into randoms, and be fun for either side.

In a scenario or game mode designed for them, sure. It's not a technical issue, it's a player workload issue.

However, I understand they'll get forced into randoms, and the only resemblance to a WWII sub with be the skin. Then the game goes the way of warplanes.

Right now they have two gimmicks to even make them competent - an unrealistic submerged speed and homing torpedoes. That's two too many gimmicks.

Members
127 posts
8,830 battles

I'm for it being just in a specific scenario. Let the players choose that want to play it

[TF16A]
Members
41 posts
18,285 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, theLaalaa said:

Oh, sorry... from the title I thought this was a humor/joke post.

Bye.

I totally am with you brother.  Unfortunately I am one who has dumped way too much in American dollars into this "free to play game".   That was before I realized even the most logical and beneficial suggestions, even by community contributors, fall on deaf ears.  There is a very definite communications problem from the player base to those with the authority and capability to act on and for improvement.  Have you ever tried to totally decipher their instructions for events or new features in one pass.  Their surprising and total disregard for the consumer to better their own business success is astounding.  The business approach, culture, ethics, and thought process between Russia and NA is glaring.   War Gaming is seemingly entrenched in a direction and will stay blindly true to that course even if it is leading what could be a great game right over a cliff.  Games don't die in an explosion, they die with a whisper.  When you stop listening to your player base then you begin the very quiet voyage right up to total silence on the servers. 

This is a horrible situation because I enjoy the game intensely for a time.  However, like others I just have to walk away from it for periods of time because of frustrations generated by the unaddressed obvious need for fixing the square wheels that have been incorporated into this product.  Square wheels that they apparently will simply not even consider fixing.  Unfortunately those times of walking away are becoming infinite for many.   I love this game but it has so many obviously fixable aggravations that simply drive you away.