You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mpwardawg

Was there a change in how stats are calculated?

14 comments in this topic

[TRU]
Members
605 posts
18,262 battles

Thanks to coming to the forums, I now like to check my stats to see how I am progressing in the game.  I am by no means a potato or a super uni, but noticed a HUGE change in my stats after not checking them for a bit.  My original PR was somewhere around 2200, and stayed pretty stagnant.  Then, after looking at them last night, my PR jumped to 3980 from 2200.  (See attached).  This was within about a week's time frame.  With just over 10k games, I can't see how this would change that much.  Even the charts on the bottom of that page shows the huge spike.

This has to be an error, unless I am missing something. Has anyone else noticed this issue?  It's obviously an error that makes my PR look much better than it actually is.  This is in despite a terrible streak I had yesterday where I had only 1 win out of 7 games.

I know there are many that don't care about stats, and others that are focused on them.  I am somewhere in between.  I want to contually improve and but will not lose sleep over having a bad run.  I still seem to enjoy the game even when I totally potato - but winning does help.

Thanks all!

Screenshot_20200225-080622~2.png

[WOLF2]
Members
270 posts
6,800 battles

Yep, some calculation has changed, but I am guessing it's some kind of calculation error.

My "stats by type" remain unchanged from before, but my PR is now over 3,200 on WoWs Numbers. In addition, a bunch of my individual ships now have a PR of zero, including my most played ship Atlanta with an over 60% win rate. Who knows what's going on but it looks like error somewhere.

Edited by HTSMetal

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
56 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

Thanks to coming to the forums, I now like to check my stats to see how I am progressing in the game.  I am by no means a potato or a super uni, but noticed a HUGE change in my stats after not checking them for a bit.  My original PR was somewhere around 2200, and stayed pretty stagnant.  Then, after looking at them last night, my PR jumped to 3980 from 2200.  (See attached).  This was within about a week's time frame.  With just over 10k games, I can't see how this would change that much.  Even the charts on the bottom of that page shows the huge spike.

This has to be an error, unless I am missing something. Has anyone else noticed this issue?  It's obviously an error that makes my PR look much better than it actually is.  This is in despite a terrible streak I had yesterday where I had only 1 win out of 7 games.

I know there are many that don't care about stats, and others that are focused on them.  I am somewhere in between.  I want to contually improve and but will not lose sleep over having a bad run.  I still seem to enjoy the game even when I totally potato - but winning does help.

Thanks all!

Yeah they must have some error happening at wows numbers.  All around PR is showing basically double of what it was last night.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,537 posts
13,904 battles
1 hour ago, mpwardawg said:

Thanks all!

Screenshot_20200225-080622~2.png

Aloha,

I think that the wows numbers page is having issues currently LOL. Since this is a third-party site that we do not own I can't check, currently it is showing numbers that aren't accurate for myself as well.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

A lot of ships display 0 PR which is really being calculated as a TON. Someone with nearly all their ships showing 0 PR is listed at 37 million PR right now.

• Funny 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

Time for a screen shot.  My PR will never be that high ever again.

• Funny 1

[TRU]
Members
605 posts
18,262 battles
28 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Time for a screen shot.  My PR will never be that high ever again.

Lol I got that covered. 

Thanks @Hapa_Fodder.  

Something to shoot for.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
14,264 battles

Rats I knew suddenly becoming unicom last night was too good to be true!

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,584 posts
15,711 battles

Yeah I noticed mine too. I'm just a average "ham and egger". I seen my PR shoot up to unicum and I had to do a double take. The only way I'd be a unicum would be if I cheated lol. Glad to see others noticed as well. As Happa said it's a 3rd party site. Anything can happen.