You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Devastating effects from CV's speed and vision.

80 comments in this topic

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

I think this picture shows everything wrong with what CV's bring to this game. Down 35% of my health and forced to use one of three heals at the 1.5 minute mark in the game...… My torpedoes aren't even ready, and I am about 10km away from being able to even reach a target to shoot at.... 

I have shot down a measly 4 planes with an AA rating of 82, the CV hit me with two passes for 11k and a couple of fires and I was hit from 24km+ from a BB that was unseen. Did I over extend? Did I push to early? No. My biggest fault was spawning.

Every minute in the game the CV has the ability to spot the entire enemy team and provide direct or indirect damage to any ship he chooses... Why can't this game simply take away the spotting mechanic from CV's?

F8Rh1QX.png

Edited by Waxing_Gibbous
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

CVs, like BBs, do not belong in WoWs in their current iteration and in this format.. There will never be even an inkling of balance in this game until they are changed to fit into the mold of a valid balance model.

You cannot have a format of no respawns (YOLO), and on the same hand have ship types that can sit half way/all the way across the map and interact (damage) other ships. Adhering to Risk vs Reward in this format is paramount. Hands down.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,016 posts
25,621 battles
22 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I think this picture shows everything wrong with what CV's bring to this game. Down 35% of my health and forced to use one of three heals at the 1.5 minute mark in the game...… My torpedoes aren't even ready, and I am about 10km away from being able to even reach a target to shoot at.... 

I have shot down a measly 4 planes with an AA rating of 82, the CV hit me with two passes for 11k and a couple of fires and I was hit from 24km+ from a BB that was unseen. Did I over extend? Did I push to early? No. My biggest fault was spawning.

Every minute in the game the CV has the ability to spot the entire enemy team and provide direct or indirect damage to any ship he chooses... Why can't this game simply take away the spotting mechanic from CV's?

F8Rh1QX.png

Yep....QFT

[TIGRB]
Members
309 posts
1,266 battles

Can we please express our opinions without being insulting? We are here to talk and throw about ideas, game play, frustrations about the performance of ships, planes, etc, Not throw insults and put people down because we disagree with them. I am told WG reads our posts and maybe someone will come up with a good idea they can implement in the future. Putting people down to make yourself feel good may stop a good idea from being expressed. Nothing wrong with being passionate or believeing in your opinion but understand the other Lady or Gent has just as much right to thier opinion. 

Thank you.:fish_boom:

• Cool 2

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
10 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

More whining.

Maybe, but I enjoy CV's. I enjoy playing them while sipping scotch and listening to opera or Victory at Sea. I just would like certain aspects of how one ship interacts with the others modified.

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,773 battles

I just find it funny that you would run Hydro for 3.5km detection but not DEFAA and then complain about AA. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles

I agree that CV spotting should be severely limited, at least to cyclone levels. 

The early spotting is much too powerful especially against squishy CAs and DDs

[RKLES]
Members
807 posts

In your case this isn't so bad, you can heal most of it back.

In a DD on the other hand.

[FUNNY]
Members
52 posts
1,981 battles

Look, I'm not the type to say 'L2P', as I hate that argument, but in this case you want to punish two ship classes for doing what they historical were used for...

Granted CV's have effectively infinite air power, but it takes time and a long time at that to recover squadrons, those 4 planes you shot down are going to take him minutes to recover. My last game in my Lexington saw me try to attack a Puerto Rico with 6 unit strong Helldiver torpedo planes and I lost every single one of them before they could attack, this was at the 10 minute mark and that squadron was not available to use for the rest of the match, unless I wanted to use 3-4 planes and watch them get wiped out.

Everyone loves harping on the planes that a CV can sling, but could you imagine the uproar if DD's had to wait 5 to 10 minutes between torpedo salvos or if BB's and CA/CL's had to slowly recover shells over time?

CV play is harder than a lot of people think it is, play the spotter, get insulted for not dealing damage, hunt ships and get insulted for not spotting or dropping fighter consumables for the fleet, get insulted for not being able to cover all sides of the map at any one time. Use your limit strike tools and risk them being eliminated before you take a shot that can and does miss targets, all while watching the mini map and reading how the battle is going to go and plan your movements a good five minutes ahead.

On the flip side, I love getting into my Cleveland and hunting a CV since I know there is nothing he can do to stop me, but that waits till I've helped our DD's or BB's survive air power for most of the match.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,453 posts
6,507 battles
2 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

I agree that CV spotting should be severely limited, at least to cyclone levels. 

The early spotting is much too powerful especially against squishy CAs and DDs

Hell its already miniscule..... literally at the limits of AA range for most DDs.. you think it would be fair for a DDs AA to be engaging a plane that can't see it?   

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles

I would like to point out a few things...

1. The Goliath has to much heal
    • I've seen it print a new ship in front of my DM
  2. Some people in the forums say
    • Planes are to slow, if you're spotted alone then a CV has every right to get after you

My points are

• AA.... No matter what setting they are, no one will agree its fair on both sides.
  • Damage being disporportionate compare to the DMG caused to the planes
    • CVs have to target someone, sadly its the ships that have low HP. Low Armor, and low AA defense.

To me what I noted above^^^ are the fatal flaws of the rework..

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
6 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I just find it funny that you would run Hydro for 3.5km detection but not DEFAA and then complain about AA. 

lols. the complaint is about vision, not AA or the lack of it..... which brings me to another issue... why shouldn't ships have the choice of running AA or Hydro once we know who is in game? nah.... to logical.... 

[SALVO]
Members
2,014 posts
6,198 battles
7 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Yes. Because def AA hasn’t been nerfed at all and is sooo powerful.  /s

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would like to point out a few things...

1. The Goliath has to much heal
    • I've seen it print a new ship in front of my DM
  2. Some people in the forums say
    • Planes are to slow, if you're spotted alone then a CV has every right to get after you

My points are

• AA.... No matter what setting they are, no one will agree its fair on both sides.
  • Damage being disporportionate compare to the DMG caused to the planes
    • CVs have to target someone, sadly its the ships that have low HP. Low Armor, and low AA defense.

To me what I noted above^^^ Is the fatal flaws of the rework..

omg...…………. the real complaint is taking 10k damage from the BB.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles
4 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Hell its already miniscule..... literally at the limits of AA range for most DDs.. you think it would be fair for a DDs AA to be engaging a plane that can't see it?   

They don't. AA bloom is a thing. 

And that's not what I'm saying. It should be so that the CV has little spotting for its team. Cyclone mechanics, you have to be within x range of the ship to see it

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles
48 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I played my last Random match in Roma. I love the ship, but I spent my last game getting farmed by the Sky Griefer. Any other time would have been happy with 90K and two kills, but constant griefing simply ruins it. Right now the only viable T8 BBs are Vlad, because it is a Russian cheatbote, and Massachusetts. 

I'd just like to take a moment and sincerely thank the devs. Without the idiotic ReBork and the flood of Sky Griefers, I might be spending a lot more money on this game. Now I have funds to spend on other games.

Great job, devs! 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,277 battles
1 hour ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

F8Rh1QX.png

Based on the screenshot, specifically the Mini-Map

You unfortunately spawned on the same side as the Red CV. Your CV spawned Over in the 6-7 line area. From your description, the Red CV simply launched his planes and went directly North. He was likely looking for your teams DDs, both of whom spawned in the center and the east. Having no other target in the area, and with 3 BBs and a Colbert directly east in an AA clump, you became the lone ship out and he attacked you. The Red CV's planes provided the spotting that allowed one of the Red BBs to smack you.

So what if your torpedos weren't loaded yet. What are you going to torpedo from that range?

Would you still be complaining if it was an unspotted DD that was spotting for the BBs and they smacked you from 24km?

You got caught out alone without teammates near you to provide extra AA. That GK that likely spawned behind/with you seems to have left that area and headed to the center. Had he stayed with you the CV might not have gotten 2 passes.

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,277 battles
1 hour ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

[hidden]

Can work this way as well.

As soon as you complain about one class, someone is going to bring up another.

DDs, HE spam CAs, BBs with their Dev AP Shells. the list goes on.

[SBS]
Members
5,902 posts
1 hour ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Sub_O just said in a Q&A:

- CV fighter re-balance and the rework of slingshot mechanics have further development potential, but minimap-only spotting felt and performed poorly.

I call [edited].  Preformed poorly?  How so?  What it did was restore some usefulness to concealment and WG doesn't want that.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,321 battles

CV's are perfectly fine, as they are.

A CV will not win the game for you unless the others on the team have put themselves in a winning situation.

As a DD main, I made sure I focused DD hard, and saw to many rush to the cap, without support and get focused and die, the ones who had support were hard to get to.

CV is fine the way it is, weegee won't change anything major on them, as they have spent to much time and money developing them, and they have moved onto the next thing in the game

SUBS!!!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,277 battles
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

specious argument at best, and more akin to gaslighting.  Enjoy your griefing while it lasts.  

Just pointing out the obvious.

Don't get your hopes up asking for something that is unlikely to ever happen.

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
5 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Based on the screenshot, specifically the Mini-Map

You unfortunately spawned on the same side as the Red CV. Your CV spawned Over in the 6-7 line area. From your description, the Red CV simply launched his planes and went directly North. He was likely looking for your teams DDs, both of whom spawned in the center and the east. Having no other target in the area, and with 3 BBs and a Colbert directly east in an AA clump, you became the lone ship out and he attacked you. The Red CV's planes provided the spotting that allowed one of the Red BBs to smack you.

So what if your torpedos weren't loaded yet. What are you going to torpedo from that range?

Would you still be complaining if it was an unspotted DD that was spotting for the BBs and they smacked you from 24km?

You got caught out alone without teammates near you to provide extra AA. That GK that likely spawned behind/with you seems to have left that area and headed to the center. Had he stayed with you the CV might not have gotten 2 passes.

I don't need a narrative of what happened, I lived it, in addition he did come back but I had raced towards my Colbert for additional AA support.  and he would have attacked me again at the 18 minute mark. Anyways...

The point is concerning my Torpedoes, having seen him coming I had to slow down otherwise I could have sent them into the cap.... granted on the cap I was facing I wouldn't have yet but the point is I have modules damaged before they are even available for use. 

As for DD spotting, that is just silly... a dd can't spot me at the 18.5 minute mark. 

Keep the arguments real instead of going off on tangents.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1