You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_ZkL2Fk47JDE0

6 CV's in a 12 player Random game

17 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
10,629 posts
18,519 battles

Yup MM dumped all queue ships into a match... You can avoid it by returning to port before the 3min mark.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,806 battles

...and I bet it was really fun for you in that Wyoming.

Been there.  I had a game just like this a month or two ago.  I was in a T3 cruiser - Bogatyr - that has not one single AA gun.  Could do nothing but turn frantically towards one torpedo squadron, then another.  Couldn't possibly dodge them all.  The non-CV ships on both sides spent the first five minutes dodging frantically.  I think I maybe fired my guns once or twice.  Then we were all dead, leaving the CVs to duke it out.  I left the game when I died, and never looked back.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,645 posts
9,465 battles

Given that this is a tier 4 game and it’s a queue dump, this doesn’t surprise me at all.

This is primarily due to two factors:

1) More players have stared playing CV since the rework and are grinding tier 4s, which leads to the next point...

2) With the removal of odd tier CVs, players are spending a lot longer at tier 4 than previously. Tier 4 and 6 carriers sit in completely different matchmaking queues (4-5 vs 6-8), and pre-rework many of the tier 4 CV players we see now would in tier 5s and put into tier 6 or 7 battles.

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,250 battles

Another CV post regarding a topic that has been mentioned multiple times in the past and has the exact same answer.

2oDMSK7.gif

OP, You are playing during Off-Hours on the NA server at Low Tiers. 

You have experienced a queue dump.

At least one of those CVs has sat waiting for a game and the time limit hit and MM pulled this.

• Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,744 posts
21,506 battles

Matchmaker working as designed. Can't be helped.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,806 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

OP, You are playing during Off-Hours on the NA server at Low Tiers. 

You have experienced a queue dump.

At least one of those CVs has sat waiting for a game and the time limit hit and MM pulled this.

All true.  Yes, queue dumps are sometimes necessary.  Doesn't make it any more fun for the non-CV players.  I can't speak for the CVs.  I'd actually like to hear from some CV players how they view this sort of lineup.

[FLOTR]
Members
180 posts
8 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

All true.  Yes, queue dumps are sometimes necessary.  Doesn't make it any more fun for the non-CV players.  I can't speak for the CVs.  I'd actually like to hear from some CV players how they view this sort of lineup.

I would never admit to the fact that I was a CV main....isn't that close to staying "hi, I'm Sam, I'm a pedo" ???? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,979 posts
8,239 battles
31 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yup MM dumped all queue ships into a match... You can avoid it by returning to port before the 3min mark.

Not necessarily.

It doesn't matter how long you've been in the queue, but how long the first eligible CV in the queue has been waiting.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,979 posts
8,239 battles
Just now, wiztaxi said:

I would never admit to the fact that I was a CV main....isn't that close to staying "hi, I'm Sam, I'm a pedo" ???? 

Nah, it's more like "hi, I'm Sam, I'm 44 years old, and I like women in their early 20s".

A lot of people will be put off, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

• Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,250 battles
2 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Having played CV and understanding the mechanics and the loadouts, it would likely be 'fun' at first. After all, you have 3 'regular' ships to target, with maybe only one (the Wyoming) with the possibility of decent AA and no defending fighters, unless the CVs are right in the mix with the ships.

Hosho will be great against the BBs as it has the AP bombs. Hermes still has the one torpedo drop, so if the ship operators known what they are doing, they can avoid the torp. Unless the CVs work in concert.

Should the regular ships all be lost, its going to be pretty much a 'who lives till time runs out or points hit 1000'. 

Langley's are going to be the slowest. Hosho has the better secondaries. AA is kind of a mixed bag as it is low tier, ut it's likely going to be hard to get aircraft in to get hits on the CV. Each one would likely have to be focused on together by the team. By the end of the battle, no one will be putting up a full squadron.

No, playing as a CV, I would not enjoy this.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

I think all CV queue dumps should be nothing but CVs.  A CV vs CV battle royal.  Clean the queue up without impacting other players.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[--V--]
Members
1,413 posts
13,603 battles

I don't stay in games like this.  Sorry,,, WG should never let this happen.  CVs are OP to begin with.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,064 posts
14,295 battles
1 hour ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

I was in a T3 cruiser - Bogatyr - that has not one single AA gun.  Could do nothing but turn frantically towards one torpedo squadron, then another. 

Back in the RTS days, TWO squadrons from the SAME CV could drop on you simultaneously, perfectly synchronised and co-ordinated, and there was nothing you could do about it then either.

I ground the Bogatyr back in those days. I remember what it was like. 

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,292 posts
25,149 battles
43 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Boring.

31 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Having played CV and understanding the mechanics and the loadouts, it would likely be 'fun' at first. After all, you have 3 'regular' ships to target, with maybe only one (the Wyoming) with the possibility of decent AA and no defending fighters, unless the CVs are right in the mix with the ships.

Hosho will be great against the BBs as it has the AP bombs. Hermes still has the one torpedo drop, so if the ship operators known what they are doing, they can avoid the torp. Unless the CVs work in concert.

Should the regular ships all be lost, its going to be pretty much a 'who lives till time runs out or points hit 1000'. 

Langley's are going to be the slowest. Hosho has the better secondaries. AA is kind of a mixed bag as it is low tier, ut it's likely going to be hard to get aircraft in to get hits on the CV. Each one would likely have to be focused on together by the team. By the end of the battle, no one will be putting up a full squadron.

No, playing as a CV, I would not enjoy this.

Pretty much this.

Even with weak AA, the T4’s still have automatic, fast regenerating defense fighters, so you have to ore-drop, get one run in max, then have to F key out to preserve your planes.

It’s pure attrition.

Such fun.

Members
18 posts
873 battles

The problem is AA balance through the tiers. AA is garbage at tier 4 and non existant at tier 3. As you get higher in tier the AA becomes exponentially more powerful until you get to tier 10 where it is massively overpowered. The result is CV players getting fustrated at higher tiers and moving back to tier 4 to take out their fustration where they fight virtually unopposed.

Edited by Scubasteve__04