Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

CV players have to suffer fools more than any class in current meta and with less ordinance

66 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
990 battles

Players wont guard the flank

Players pile up in one cap and let reds pick them off one by one

What is going on? It's just foolishness

We need some kind of training process me included that a player has to go through before they can pvp 

Help us WG!? We need better ordinance to cope as well as training.

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 9

[WORX]
Members
10,621 posts
18,506 battles

??????

Not possible... After patch 0.9.2, every ship class role you think you know.... No longer applies...

• Boring 1

[FLOTR]
Members
180 posts

The reason why players "pile up" at all is due to CVs. It's known that the easiest way to lose a BB outside of straight ahead yoloing into cap is to go off solo on a flank and try to "sneak" by with a CV in the game. They will find you, keep you spotted, and one after the other you'll be taking torps and fires, rockets, etc, until you succumb. 

It's a Darwinian training model in place now. The one where the low end of the player pool tries to advance on 400 base exp vs. something more reasonable for the non-potato of 1000 to 1500 base exp per game. 

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
28,940 posts
8,200 battles

Why do CVs have to suffer fools more than anybody else?

What you mentioned affects the whole team.

Besides, if one ship has to delay a flank, a CV can do a decent job of it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,940 posts
8,200 battles
12 minutes ago, wiztaxi said:

The reason why players "pile up" at all is due to CVs. It's known that the easiest way to lose a BB outside of straight ahead yoloing into cap is to go off solo on a flank and try to "sneak" by with a CV in the game.

Yep, always an issue with a lot of players, "black and white" syndrome.

If they can't snipe at long range, they have to YOLO. If they can't hide behind an island and shoot, they have to sail in the open and give enemy easy broadside shots. If they can't sneak off by themselves, they have to have a group hug.

It's circular really. They pile up because of the enemy CV, but the only reason they can pile up is because their CV makes it far less likely that some DD can sneak back and hit them all with one full torp salvo.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,740 posts
21,487 battles

Click bait title. Everything revolves around CV's for the Op. He must be obsessively paranoid or has a severe case of optical rectumitis...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
14 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

We need some kind of training process me included that a player has to go through before they can pvp 

Help us WG!?

What? So, you play CV, you see your team going full potato and leaving one flank open, you dont move your CV and get caught by the enemy ships which pushed the free flank then you complain about CVs suffering more. :Smile_facepalm:

You do realise that you play a CV which is also a ship which can move, right? 

Im not saying that leaving one flank open is ok. Its the most tarded thing you can do in this game and sadly most of the players still couldnt figure it out even after tousends of battles. But saying that CVs suffer more than other classes doesnt make any sense.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,438 posts
6,495 battles
26 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Help us WG!?

In a CV...this is my favorite class of fools to be teamed with...an entire flank of reds to farm, while my team can take care of themselves with numbers instead of skill. ..  Winning them can be challenging, but nothing like an entire flank of allied ships to follow along for protection and an entire flank of red ships on the other side of map with nothing damaging them but you...  super high damage games are made of this.    

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,149 battles
7 minutes ago, Khafni said:

optical rectumitis...

You learn something new everyday that’s +1

[FLOTR]
Members
180 posts
11 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Click bait title. Everything revolves around CV's for the Op. He must be obsessively paranoid or has a severe case of optical rectumitis...

Yeah but the rectum, for your average CV player, is where you have to look to find the part of the human anatomy responsible for talking. 

Amirite?

Edited by wiztaxi

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles
47 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

You DO know that you are confined first to co-op and then to protected matchmaking with bots in randoms when you play this game, don't you?

You can put all the training modes in the world into the game, but potatoes will just bluff their way past/through them and then go on being as potato as they have ever been.

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink."

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,239 posts
12,626 battles
56 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

You mean something to help some CV players to escape the firm grasp of 30% WR? Totally agree. 

[TIGRB]
Members
309 posts
1,253 battles

IMHO :cap_book:Group hugging and being in a lemming train is not just because of CV's. I see it constantly in game without CV's. My dad explained it to me as a sheep mentality. They herd together like a group of sheep out of fear thinking that being all bunched up they are somehow safer. My experience in game says otherwise. Time and time again I see a Huge group head all in one direction and get isolated in one cap or near a group of islands. When that happens the game is over. No one in the group let alone all of them want to push into the cap. The few ships left on the other side of the map get overwhelmed most of the time trying to stall/stop the advancing enemy that has flanked the team. I wish people would look at the mini map more and be able to recognize potential threats like a flank that is weak or being over run. Before My father let me play in random he had me look over maps with him, learn terminology and showed me the progress of the game on the mini map. It has helped me more than I can say.  I hope all of you have a great day! 

• Cool 2

[TIGRB]
Members
309 posts
1,253 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

The only intelligent thing in this thread. 

Well Mr. Smarty pants, How about you teach US then?:Smile_facepalm:

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
1 hour ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

And you know one of the big reasons for that? CVs.... Yay...

Pushing cap or guarding a flank is extremely risky when a CV is nearby, most of the times you get spotted and harassed by planes, so ships need to go away from the flank or cap. 

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,340 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

He play CV mostly. And not very well.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1036415220,JaysUsedBoatParts/

I do not mean to stat shame you Jay. You are good person. But you need more battle in more boat before to make argument of play.

I think need to reach out more to some of nice member of community and be willing ask for help.

If team pile up , maybe help control this flank with spotting and using plane to "herd" enemy away from spots.

There is something going on with you play. Because just as you play get more bad, you win rate also follow down as well.

What is it you doing different lately ?

image.thumb.png.52753bf6508a894c92eb268a4b83ff40.png

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Cool 1

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,312 battles
2 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Help us WG!? We need better ordinance to cope as well as training.

One thing I noticed when playing a CV is how afraid a lot of people are, and try to all hide behind a rock.

Banned
715 posts
990 battles
55 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

He play CV mostly. And not very well.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1036415220,JaysUsedBoatParts/

I do not mean to stat shame you Jay. You are good person. But you need more battle in more boat before to make argument of play.

I think need to reach out more to some of nice member of community and be willing ask for help.

If team pile up , maybe help control this flank with spotting and using plane to "herd" enemy away from spots.

There is something going on with you play. Because just as you play get more bad, you win rate also follow down as well.

What is it you doing different lately ?

image.thumb.png.52753bf6508a894c92eb268a4b83ff40.png

I do try and control the flank from collapse but I just dont have enough ordinance 

The difference is I started playing CV and I just dont have enough ordinance to carry like I can in a non CV 

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,340 battles
Just now, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

I do try and control the flank from collapse but I just dont have enough ordinance 

We play a game together about a week afo. You not say anything to me after i say pozdrav. But is okej.
I notice you not dodge flak very well from AA. Do you change speed of plane and direction before make attack run ?

This very important. Is always a hole in flak line to go through .

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,239 posts
12,626 battles
4 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

The difference is I started playing CV

Well. Stop playing CV. Makes everyone happier (including you).

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Banned
715 posts
990 battles
1 minute ago, LadyAnesjka said:

We play a game together about a week afo. You not say anything to me after i say pozdrav. But is okej.
I notice you not dodge flak very well from AA. Do you change speed of plane and direction before make attack run ?

This very important. Is always a hole in flak line to go through .

I have been getting better at dodging flak wall better 

Even so I dont usually run outta planes till it's like 3 vs 8 ect and by then everyone has gave up but me 

If I had more ordinance I could still try and carry and bring the Hope's up for the team

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,340 battles
1 minute ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

I have been getting better at dodging flak wall better 

Even so I dont usually run outta planes till it's like 3 vs 8 ect and by then everyone has gave up but me 

Well 3v7 call for more defensive play to try and survive. I do not fault player for backing up to try and do damage and make attempt to crawl back.

I just have recent start to get god at CV ( maybe not Saipan , always get bad team even i do good damage )

I have watch alot of video on Youtube from player TopTier and @iChase always have great CV Advice.
In order here is how i play cv

1. See how many DD in game, if just 1 DD, I start with Torpedo plane or bomb to make deter against cruiser that maybe have split off at start and is alone. If is more than 1 DD i use rocket. But i always scout enemy and drop scout plane on enemy side of a cap to deter a DD from enter. SO if i send out plane and go to A cap. I put scout plane on enemy side of A cap to watch for any DD who try to go into cap and help my team see them. If i am in rocket i circle back and get DD knock down. If in torpedo or bomb, I go look for suitable target.
  2. Find target alone or weak AA target and make they life miserable
  3. Watch my team and see where they go strongest side. I then attack wit plane to weakest side to give that side more support. If team go lemming, I send plane away from lemming side. Always go to side with less of you ship to help delay push of enemy on our weak side.
  4. Dodge flak and change speed of my plane before attack run.  All my CV have extended attack time so i can start my attack run from 8 km or so and avoid first round of AA fire. Because way AA is done. Is set to attack last plane in you formation, and work way to first. So you attack run is always safe.

Banned
715 posts
990 battles

Look, I need stronger fire power 

It's that simple 

I dont have time to make 30 drops when my flank is collapsing and my teammates are running from it

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this 

Please fix this WG or take CV outta the game

• Boring 1

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,340 battles
12 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Look, I need stronger fire power 

It's that simple 

I dont have time to make 30 drops when my flank is collapsing and my teammates are running from it

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this 

Please fix this WG or take CV outta the game

And this is why you never improve. Cannot take advice, only looking for hand out.

Problem is not CV problem is you.

You last 21 days

image.thumb.png.6f90de6846c7b2952e696cb62f0f44d0.png

My last 21 days

image.thumb.png.c6cddaac772e3b28678bf791db78a1e7.png

Different between me and you is I listen to advice CV player give me as I just start to play CV alot.

This is different between person willing to learn and put in work and player wishing for free hand out because they refuse to do work or learn.

Edited by LadyAnesjka

Sign in to follow this