You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OttoVonPrien

programing fix for the 9x9 coop problem

16 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Beta Testers
291 posts
16,700 battles

during normal hours 9x9 coop is a total fail, as games are ending in 3-4 min with up to 4 red ships and 2 caps left. to go. And players are robbed of xp and consumables used!!

games end so quick that people are forced to charge till they die just to get some xp before game ends 

a lot of people are complaining and getting mad about this. It has caused me to cut back my game time and spending 

why? because the red bot team has been reduced to zero points to quickly (happens all the time with 8-9 humans on green team.) but I had a solo coop (only human) and game ended after I got 5 kills   with 4 red bots still alive. 

The fix, program in an and gate in the logic stream.

for the game to end for zero points , elapsed game time has to be over 7 min also. both need to be true to go to the end game subroutine 

end game?  yes= zero points AND >7 min elapsed time, no = loop back up the logic stream

7 min. seems about right to me as a compromise and gives time or better tactics and team play and better xp yield to reward better play.

PLEASE PASS THIS SUGGESTION ON TO THE PEOPLE THAT CAN FIX THIS

• Boring 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

I dunno, I just use it as motivation to kill faster than those others guys. That said, it's why I don't take ships that aren't fast into co-op. Georgia has become my favorite BB for co-op. For a similar reason, I avoid taking cruisers in. They can't survive the aggression needed to do one's work fast enough even in a steamroll. Well, okay, maybe something crazy like Moskva could, I guess, but she has no torps.

Heck, it even lead to me finally developing a strategy to do well in a CV in co-op. It requires you push hard and fast, followed by ducking behind an island. While doing this, focus on torping DDs and cruisers. I can frequently manage first place or close to it by doing this.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[PVE]
Members
1,443 posts
39,353 battles

What they should do is just leave coop alone. 

That way they can`t mess it up anymore.

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,542 battles
1 hour ago, OttoVonPrien said:

during normal hours 9x9 coop is a total fail, as games are ending in 3-4 min with up to 4 red ships and 2 caps left. to go. And players are robbed of xp and consumables used!!

games end so quick that people are forced to charge till they die just to get some xp before game ends 

a lot of people are complaining and getting mad about this. It has caused me to cut back my game time and spending 

why? because the red bot team has been reduced to zero points to quickly (happens all the time with 8-9 humans on green team.) but I had a solo coop (only human) and game ended after I got 5 kills   with 4 red bots still alive. 

for the game to end for zero points , elapsed game time has to be over 7 min also. both need to be true to go to the end game subroutine 

end game?  yes= zero points AND >7 min elapsed time, no = loop back up the logic stream

7 min. seems about right to me as a compromise and gives time or better tactics and team play and better xp yield to reward better play.

The Mercy Rule in Co-op has been beat to death. They are NOT changing it nor are they doing ANY work towards PVE; they have stated this publicly.

It is something we have to get used to and live with. AND it is not a new issue, nor is it worse, with 9V9. It was there and at the same levels with 8V8. Problem then and problem now but not worse.

WG does not want us playing PVE. Too many have swapped over so they are dropping all efforts to improve it hoping it forces us back to PVP. They have this misguided impression that...

1. They can actually get many/most of us to go back by ruining the mode. Not happening for most any Co-op main I know. If Co-op goes away or is made unplayable we just leave.
  2. Only PVP matters to their "customers". It's fine that they want PVP to only matter but it is clear they have a lot of PVE customers. They just don't care and I for one am tired of it and burning out on this game because of it.
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[-PVE-]
Members
620 posts
42 minutes ago, OttoVonPrien said:

Unfortunately, the folks over at Wargaming don't care about this.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

The Mercy Rule in Co-op has been beat to death. They are NOT changing it nor are they doing ANY work towards PVE; they have stated this publicly.

It is something we have to get used to and live with.

Yes, the "mercy rule" has been the subject of many, many threads.

True, they powers at WG have publicly stated they are ignoring PVE for PVP development.

NO! It is NOT something we have to get used to & live with. Expressing our dissatisfaction in the forum has changed WG plans. The most obvious example was the GC move to tier 6.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,542 battles
12 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes, the "mercy rule" has been the subject of many, many threads.

True, they powers at WG have publicly stated they are ignoring PVE for PVP development.

NO! It is NOT something we have to get used to & live with. Expressing our dissatisfaction in the forum has changed WG plans. The most obvious example was the GC move to tier 6.

I only say that because no matter what we say they do not care about PVE and will not do anything about it. They said (Fem made a post) that they would "look into it" and decide if it will be changed. This was quite a while back. The recent Q&A for Sub_O over on reddit had a response from him that they are not changing the Mercy Rule; period.

So people can make post after post about it, and thread after thread, but it won't matter. Yes, the community has won a few battles (GC & NTC) but in the end WG generally does not listen and moves ahead with what they want. And as far as GC not becoming a T6 did it ever occur to anyone that wasn't because the community hollered about it but because it wouldn't have been a good T6? Every WIP replay I saw of that ship as a T6, unless it was TT, it got pounded. GC is not suited to play vs T8. I think they realized that and THAT is why the change never happened; not that we were against it. NTC failed but oh look they are sneaking stuff back in under RB now.

Trying to get WG to address the Mercy Rule in Co-op is tilting at windmills. They do NOT care about PVE and those who play there. They have come right out and said as much basically.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

No more changes to Co-op for this year...

It is what it is... Time to move on to other topics...

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,358 battles

Sub Octavian just recently said in his AMA on reddit that they were not going to work on PVE content but were prioritizing some new PvP game play modes.  So you are certainly free to suggest as many solutions as you care to about making PVE matches last longer, but they are falling on deaf ears for now.  It certainly seems like there are many easy fixes available for the shorter length of some PVE matches, but WG is happy with them as they are, so do what you have to do to deal with it.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Time to move on to other topics

Why? Some players enjoy PVE more than PVP, why do you want them to be silent?

IMO there is no issue greater than PVE at this time.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,624 posts
8,610 battles
18 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

You can start as many threads as you like, but even PVE mains are moving on from this topic.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You can start as many threads as you like, but even PVE mains are moving on from this topic.

PVE mains may not starts as many threads but they will support the call for action by WG on PVE.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,624 posts
8,610 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

PVE mains may not starts as many threads but they will support the call for action by WG on PVE.

Like @AdmiralThunder?

I have over 5k games.  2 have been in random (and one of those by accident).

I would rather put my efforts in to something more constructive.

If they change PVE, it won't be because of posts on this forum.

(The magical spreadsheets shall guide their hand).

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,542 battles
39 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Who said be silent? I am just saying this is an issue that just can not be won. It has been beaten to death for a couple years on the forums and WG has not caved; in fact they have dug in on NO!. So post away if you wish but it is in vain. They do not care. IF it were a PVP issue it would be fixed right away but because it is PVE, once again, they do not care. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Who said be silent? I am just saying this is an issue that just can not be won. It has been beaten to death for a couple years on the forums and WG has not caved; in fact they have dug in on NO!. So post away if you wish but it is in vain. They do not care. IF it were a PVP issue it would be fixed right away but because it is PVE, once again, they do not care. 

I was replying to Navalpride33. He is the one suggesting we drop this issue altogether.

I'm not expecting WG to drop what they are doing and rush to PVE, although it would be nice. Moving some PVE in between the steady stream of PVP sooner, would be possible.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

I am not a co-op main at all, but I do play some to try out a ship configuration or to guarantee a win, or something else specific to a mission.  However, I do agree with the co-op players that the game mode should be addressed. 

Co-op has become a race to do damage.  If you don't have a fast ship and head straight ahead into the enemy, you will be left without much XP or credit earnings. Much of the reduced earning is left in the game because of the mercy rule.  There are some ships that are very difficult to play in co-op because they are too slow, or don't have the ability to protect themselves.  If they put themselves in a position to properly support, the game will be over before they can do anything.  Very rarely, do games last more than 4 minutes. 

If the game modes in co-op lasted longer or were setup so that bots were more unpredictable and played to a random game plan, then it could be good.  I'm sure the number of co-op players in WOWS would make it profitable for WG.  Of course, if the bots played a more random game with some game plan, then co-op wouldn't be a guaranteed win for all players.  I don't know how that would go over, but I think the majority of co-op players would have more fun overall.