Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Mercy Rule Tweak

13 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,984 posts
11,698 battles

We all know that the "mercy rule" wherein a team wins if their opponents' score is reduced to zero can be mildly irritating. In co-op it usually means that there are usually still two or three ships left for point harvesting per game. And in randoms, it means one team got outplayed spectacularly. Instead of "punishing" the winners for giving them XP that is somewhat sparser than is a more prolonged engagement, why not reward them for defeating an enemy so decisively? I don't think it would be too much trouble to program a bonus to the base XP in the event of the "mercy rule" being invoked. This can either be a flat amount OR it can vary depending on the XP value of the remaining enemy ships. This would thus reward a team for being effective. Note though that is bonus would be applied to ALL members of the team, whether they are still alive or not. Thoughts?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,456 battles

The Devs are too busy grooming and picking nits off of each other to actually work on their whole game.

image.png.bf2d1b1cb918b9268ac75206537b6535.png

I know, it's really not the devs fault, it's the nit pickers in charge of them.

It does really suck when they place you in an obscure corner of the map all alone and then when you finally maneuver to the only 2 ships you can shoot at and then it all ends.

On the other hand I just saved some money on my car insurance, I don't have a car.

Co op for fun.

image.thumb.png.e73c0916bed43521d2daf2d39360e0cf.png

image.thumb.png.e9d7807395678c614f2750b092f04554.png

image.thumb.png.f0420cb1010a56da5b38cfebc56f894b.png

image.thumb.png.d8e65581c5622ad33f9008f13cc8f26d.png

image.thumb.png.b692bc673bb6ae187cae1495ea6edad9.png

image.thumb.png.fced73ee77ed967bcbb8cd0d414ad8fd.png

image.thumb.png.48d8fb4345eab70c83edf23182d40e87.png

This ship is real fun too.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[BOTES]
Members
2,192 posts
8,049 battles

Before that, WG should refund camos, premium time and signals for everyone in such games. You should also be able to choose whether you would like to apply your win bonus or not if you're on the other end of these games. It is beyond infuriating when you waste a 4x on a game that ends in 5 minutes where you don't even get to do much and the top player is <1k base xp.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 1

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,147 posts

A game won by mercy rule should award an exp and money bonus equal to the amount possible from the remaining hostile ships on the board. (example being whatever hp left combined on the enemy team divided among the surviving ships on the victorious team.)

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
289 posts
16,667 battles

9x9 really hurt coops in main gaming remaining because , full human teams usuall result in 3-4 min games with red ship and caps remaining

one or two lines of code will fix this, HOW??

just add an and gate, when a team zeroes out on points require game time to be past 7 min.

so if the red bot team zeroes out it will not end the game until the game has lasted 7 min or longer.

programmer just needs to add an and gate with a loop back if negative (game not longer than 7 min).

Members
925 posts
10,179 battles

It is amazing how little some folks know about the game mechanics.  I a recent tier X domination co-op battle, I had two players warn me not to go in the untaken caps, lest I make the match end too quickly.  They insisted that WG changed things so the battle ends when your team gets to 500 or 600 points.  😔

• Funny 1

[OCB]
Members
6 posts
7,313 battles

The game should be allowed to play out to the end. That is until all the ships have been destroyed or 1000 points are reached.

• Cool 1

Members
510 posts
14,055 battles

Bot ships don't run to the edge of the map and hide.      

As such, co-op games should not end until all red ships are sunk, regardless of points.   

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 5:01 AM, TornadoADV said:

A game won by mercy rule should award an exp and money bonus equal to the amount possible from the remaining hostile ships on the board. (example being whatever hp left combined on the enemy team divided among the surviving ships on the victorious team.)

Many have suggested this as well...........on deaf ears...   The "Mercy Rule" is a "value exploit" to limit player gains and is not unique to this game !  There are variations of this in every game I've played over the past several years.....

Our host could change this, BUT, it's not "value added" to do so........they lose money if they do...>!!!  It speeds up the game and Throughput = Profit.........  I like this idea and wish they'd listen.........but, profit comes first and quality follows because quality costs more money than status quo gimmicks and changes.....

[IRNBN]
Members
3,347 posts
9,653 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 2:52 AM, Sovereigndawg said:

The Devs are too busy grooming and picking nits off of each other to actually work on their whole game.

image.png.bf2d1b1cb918b9268ac75206537b6535.png

I know, it's really not the devs fault, it's the nit pickers in charge of them.

True, but they do pick the wittiest of nits.

[TDRB]
Members
5,116 posts
13,727 battles
19 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

Bot ships don't run to the edge of the map and hide.      

As such, co-op games should not end until all red ships are sunk, regardless of points.   

When did this start? I've had bots "run to the edge in many coops.

Most players have a 90% or higher win rate, many, many have 95% or better. Allowing the bots to cap points early on is not a danger with the vast majority of the teams. This allows the bots to add point so you can kill all their ships.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,715 posts
4,630 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

When did this start? I've had bots "run to the edge in many coops.

It's one of the options for bot AI.  It happened frequently for a while but seems pretty rare now.  More often I see the dumb<ahem>s seem to try to flank then run into the back of an island trying to turn in.  (That might be an aspect of the same bug that drives the Op bots nuts.)

[TDRB]
Members
5,116 posts
13,727 battles
33 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It's one of the options for bot AI.  It happened frequently for a while but seems pretty rare now.  More often I see the dumb<ahem>s seem to try to flank then run into the back of an island trying to turn in.  (That might be an aspect of the same bug that drives the Op bots nuts.)

Yup, I can agree.

Sign in to follow this