You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

I would appreciate it if WG didn't throw Atlanta and Flint under the bus with the IFHE rework

56 comments in this topic

[ARP]
[ARP]
Members
1,026 posts
18,191 battles

All these ships have is ifhe and fires, it's super squish and one of the hardest ships in the game to play.

Halving fires with IFHE would cripple this ship. 

• Cool 13
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

All the upper-tier American battleships or being thrown under the bus as well... like they need the Nerf:fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,801 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

All these ships have is ifhe and fires, it's super squish and one of the hardest ships in the game to play.

Halving fires with IFHE would cripple this ship. 

You are aware these are USN and not VMF, nothing is done without a reason.

Das Vedanya Comrade 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,030 posts
11,611 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

You are aware these are USN and not VMF, nothing is done without a reason.

Actually man, the tier 8 RU BB only has 40 mm of armour still - so actually she will now eat a ton of pens from Mogami (that if this abomination goes through will have 40 mm of pen) so they accidentally nerfed 1 of the glorious stalinium ships. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,801 battles
11 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Actually man, the tier 8 RU BB only has 40 mm of armour still - so actually she will now eat a ton of pens from Mogami (that if this abomination goes through will have 40 mm of pen) so they accidentally nerfed 1 of the glorious stalinium ships. :Smile_hiding:

My heart breaks for that poor VMF ship, actually no it does not :Smile_veryhappy:

Thanks for the heads up look forward to torturing the poor thing whenever the opportunity arises.  

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles

I never had IFHE on my Atlanta - not enough captain points - and I haven't had a problem with playing it. Choose whether you want pen damage or to burn the world down; it's as simple as that.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
6 hours ago, cronics said:

All the upper-tier American battleships or being thrown under the bus as well... like they need the Nerf:fish_palm:

Massachusetts (and Georgia) probably could have their wings clipped a tad... 

• Boring 3

[5D2]
[5D2]
Members
384 posts
8,374 battles

Also remember that these ships got whacked hard by the CV rework. Their AA isn’t even close to being a shadow of its former self.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

Almost all tier VI and VII light cruisers are being screwed.

Any ship tier VI and up with 11" to 15" guns is to some degree being screwed, more so as you go up in tier.

This is a major change in the game that not enough players are speaking up about.

• Boring 1

[--V--]
Members
1,418 posts
13,605 battles

But spreadsheets comrade!!!!

We make change,,,,, no care how impact players.  Players stupid,,,, still spend money da?    So we good,,, go play and spend money.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
457 posts
20,276 battles

I played Atlanta for a few battles over on PTS and used a 19 point captain with DE and IFHE.  I had to play in co-op since there were no players in mid tier randoms.

1227537227_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.025b84ec46ab11e7dc5c5b8276a1b03b.png

For the life of me, I can't see what the fuss is all about.  She felt just like the Atlanta I've been playing all along doing HE damage while still setting fires.  I'm sure the unicom players can tell a difference, but for my semi-potato skills she is still a great (and fun) ship to play.

1889917973_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.b7db13c23f53d8ac278036cb40c3f1a8.png

I may be ignorant but I'm not worried.  :Smile_glasses:

[WORX]
Members
10,663 posts
18,555 battles
Just now, Joe_918145 said:

For the life of me, I can't see what the fuss is all about.  She felt just like the Atlanta I've been playing all along doing HE damage while still setting fires.  I'm sure the unicom players can tell a difference, but for my semi-potato skills she is still a great (and fun) ship to play.

Well, the obvious flaw I can tell was its Co-op.. Its the training center of the game... What ya should've done was try a high tier CL...

At least in the high tiers... These changes, do change the way the game is played down to its core foundation.. If you loved the passive snooze fest of high tiers, you'll love the changes coming up...

Must of the battles were 12 ships total not the usual 24...

Me personally, dont like the changes... Then again, some will like Changes... I just look forward for the new port... The IFHE, IMO its going to suck and drive players away... Just like the CV rework has done.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
1,051 posts
9,814 battles
11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I never had IFHE on my Atlanta - not enough captain points - and I haven't had a problem with playing it. Choose whether you want pen damage or to burn the world down; it's as simple as that.

Atlanta and Flint wont have that choice when playing bottom tier.  Even with IFHE it cant pen BBs OR CAs.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,382 posts
9,768 battles

The two ships definitely don't need a nerf.  Of course, WG doesn't care they already have our money.  People who recognize this problem definitely isn't average joe who probably doesn't even know how to fire AP given the quality of play these days, so what do they care?

Gotta love global changes, the *excuse* to wreck premiums without having to compensate anybody.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles
12 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Massachusetts (and Georgia) probably could have their wings clipped a tad... 

Two battleships out of like what a dozen does not justify a cross the board Nerf ........ just Nerf the 2 offending battleships.

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
808 posts
14,840 battles

Whats the point this company won't listen it's clear the devs don't play their own game and they're not capable of taking actual advice when it's given and they continue to wonder why players are leaving the game.

Here's some advice wargaming for once listen to people who actually play the product since you don't cause guess what happy players means more players spending money. Either that or sell the game to a company that actually cares and can figure out what balance means 

Edited by yamato6945

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,810 battles

This clearly has a metamorphic profit motive....

They're wiping the slate clean so to speak, so they can introduce alternate play-styles relative to the new meta... pretty obvious if you ask me.

Colbert is going to be pretty meh, and it's not going to get buffed because it's stats SEEM like it's a really strong ship but in reality it's just  has a good player bias. No smoke, terrible shell velocity, no torpedos like Smolensk. Now it'll hardly be able to start any fires. Or you don't take IFHE and it basically can't kill a cruiser because said cruiser's superstructure will saturate.

Members
1,051 posts
9,814 battles
2 hours ago, CaliburxZero said:

The two ships definitely don't need a nerf.  Of course, WG doesn't care they already have our money.  People who recognize this problem definitely isn't average joe who probably doesn't even know how to fire AP given the quality of play these days, so what do they care?

Gotta love global changes, the *excuse* to wreck premiums without having to compensate anybody.

And that is the main thing that irritates me about this whole ifhe business.   this is not a global change. Some tiers get buffed, some tiers get nerfed, some ship classes get buffed armor, some ship classes get indirectly nerfed.  They are backdooring the nerfs they want the same way Congress does.  Attach the little objectionable change to something much bigger so that it has to be accepted. 

But I am calling it like I see it, despite WGs pledges that they wont nerf premiums, that is exactly what they are doing here.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,382 posts
9,768 battles
2 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

And that is the main thing that irritates me about this whole ifhe business.   this is not a global change. Some tiers get buffed, some tiers get nerfed, some ship classes get buffed armor, some ship classes get indirectly nerfed.  They are backdooring the nerfs they want the same way Congress does.  Attach the little objectionable change to something much bigger so that it has to be accepted. 

But I am calling it like I see it, despite WGs pledges that they wont nerf premiums, that is exactly what they are doing here.

I agree.  However, unless someone actually takes WG to court this particular grey area will never be addressed most likely.

Members
139 posts
2,600 battles

I just feel like this nerf was unnecessary. I rarely see anyone complain about the current ifhe. If they are going to nerf it, why by such a large amount? Why not start with a more modest nerf?

[WOLFG]
Members
863 posts

I just spent two years worth of steel on the Flint.  Now they choose to nerf it so that it can't pen anything above it's tier.  THANKS WARGAMING!!  Looking for a new game to spend money on.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

Your concerns have been duly recorded into a null file and will be given the attention they deserve.

[-TKS-]
Members
827 posts
14,562 battles
16 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

I may be ignorant but I'm not worried.  :Smile_glasses:

nah you got it down packed im sure that expert loader came in handy .  Maybe play more than 1 game with some t8's and 9's your stuck facing 

Members
601 posts
7,235 battles
23 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Almost all tier VI and VII light cruisers are being screwed.

Any ship tier VI and up with 11" to 15" guns is to some degree being screwed, more so as you go up in tier.

This is a major change in the game that not enough players are speaking up about.

Very few of those other cruisers have 127mm guns, that is why the ATL/Flint are getting it even worse.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
1 minute ago, SmokinCAT said:

Very few of those other cruisers have 127mm guns, that is why the ATL/Flint are getting it even worse.

That's true, but I want people to realize that this is far bigger than a couple of premium ships, it's a problem across much of the game.