Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

A good game in a CV

17 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,628 posts

This was a good game. It was good not because I accrued a lot of damage, sank a lot of ships, or won a lot of awards. It was good because I had a team that appreciated my gameplay, especially when I got a Kleber that had been sinking my team's ships (he came in at the top of his team).

image.png.d879023adad3f7abb7eef870fd03a3ee.png

I had a great team overall. They were friendly and courteous too, even congratulating the enemy CV for his good work.

image.png.af448aa4caae6d165999cce27337c03e.png

I even got a cap, in a CV! I ran right into a Gearing in the process but it chose to torp a cruiser instead of me and then my team got it as I kept it spotted, which is no mean feat as the Gearing has a 2.6-2.8 km plane detection radius with AA off. It was sort of funny because my team was actually rooting for that DD.

image.png.99fe78d241e9caed8fd8c1d04bd65437.png

Hardly an OP ship, the Midway, and certainly not with an average player at the helm. However, it was a solid contributor to the team.

image.thumb.png.8535e425dca565b6cfe6df0a6a4089b7.png

• Cool 7
  • Boring 8

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,628 posts

It's funny that the anti-CV crowd comes here and gives my post "snoozes," when I was just complimenting my team on their good manners.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
1,103 posts
38 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's funny that the anti-CV crowd comes here and gives my post "snoozes," when I was just complimenting my team on their good manners.

It looks more like you started out complimenting your team for stroking your ego, much like posting here for further validation.

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This was a good game. It was good not because I accrued a lot of damage, sank a lot of ships, or won a lot of awards. It was good because I had a team that appreciated my gameplay ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,628 posts
28 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

It's a rare week when he isn't chest thumping

image.png.ebfc69ae8d6261ad3de2b283292d3c87.png

Hey, I enjoy playing this game and posting on the forums. If you don't like that then it's y'alls problem, not mine.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,212 posts
5,672 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This was a good game. It was good not because I accrued a lot of damage, sank a lot of ships, or won a lot of awards. It was good because I had a team that appreciated my gameplay, especially when I got a Kleber that had been sinking my team's ships (he came in at the top of his team).

image.png.d879023adad3f7abb7eef870fd03a3ee.png

I had a great team overall. They were friendly and courteous too, even congratulating the enemy CV for his good work.

image.png.af448aa4caae6d165999cce27337c03e.png

I even got a cap, in a CV! I ran right into a Gearing in the process but it chose to torp a cruiser instead of me and then my team got it as I kept it spotted, which is no mean feat as the Gearing has a 2.6-2.8 km plane detection radius with AA off. It was sort of funny because my team was actually rooting for that DD.

image.png.99fe78d241e9caed8fd8c1d04bd65437.png

Hardly an OP ship, the Midway, and certainly not with an average player at the helm. However, it was a solid contributor to the team.

image.thumb.png.8535e425dca565b6cfe6df0a6a4089b7.png

Probably one of the best posts about CVs because this is exactly the average CV battle results.
When reading anti CV posts, someone who never played the game, would expect the CVs to be always on top of the list, have killed all DDs and unfairly torped and bombed all what is left except the red CV of course.
And all this, sitting behind some islands undamaged.
Something like modern drone warfare at a much larger scale.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,495 posts
50 battles
13 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Probably one of the best posts about CVs because this is exactly the average CV battle results.

If this is supposed to be the average CV result then the rework has dramatically failed in its goal to make CVs more accessible and easier to play.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,628 posts
42 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If this is supposed to be the average CV result then the rework has dramatically failed in its goal to make CVs more accessible and easier to play.

Then again it is already proven that this isn't the average result. Average Midway stats are posted above.

Is WOWs an individual game or a team game?

Let's say that a Conqueror sits at the back of the map and lobs HE for twenty minutes/ It may rack up a large amount of damage but is it really helping the team all that much? There is a reason why people here on the forums decry what they call "damage farmers." If said damage is easily healed up and doesn't actually contribute to a sinking ships then it benefits nobody but the individual player.

Conversely, let's say that a CV spends most of the match spotting for the team. Said ship may have little to show in damage at the game's end but it may have been instrumental in winning the game.

Or, how about the DD that stays at a cap and defends it by sending out area-denial torps and keeps a quarter of the enemy's ships penned up because none of them are brave enough to advance on it. The game may end before it does much damage but by taking a quarter of the enemy out of the picture it contributes greatly to the win.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Members
1,103 posts
10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Hey, I enjoy playing this game and posting on the forums. If you don't like that then it's y'alls problem, not mine.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of good performance and bragging about it.

Playing the mealy-mouthed game of faux humility - not so much.

• Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
1,992 posts
6,194 battles
9 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

It’s not the average result gotz .  It’s barely even half of the average damage laid down by the average midway in an average game.  Go look at the actual numbers before basing a whole diatribe on facts you got wrong.

Edited by eviltane

[BONKS]
Members
1,495 posts
50 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Is WOWs an individual game or a team game?

You can spot and deal damage at the same time. Actively spotting is actively trying to lose the match.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,901 battles

Folks,

This post was NOT about stats, so the discussion on stats can stop, stay on topic. The OP had a team that was friendly and had a good overall experience. That's nice to see!

GG

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,444 posts
6,499 battles
17 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

This post was NOT about stats, so the discussion on stats can stop, stay on topic. The OP had a team that was friendly and had a good overall experience. That's nice to see!

GG

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Good luck Hapa....usual cast and crew can allow no CV related thread to stay on topic.. it always has to be rolled to their agenda ASAP.   Check every CV related thread posted here in the last 6  months... Any thread from new player, someone wanting help or advice about CVs, or any positive experience playing them, you'll find them..  Usual suspects every single time, bullying their way to hijack the thread and turn it into a debate for their hyperbole and attention..  Toxic to say the least.   

• Cool 3

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,901 battles
2 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Good luck Hapa....usual cast and crew can allow no CV related thread to stay on topic.. it always has to be rolled to their agenda ASAP.   Check every CV related thread posted here in the last 6  months... Any thread from new player, someone wanting help or advice about CVs, or any positive experience playing them, you'll find them..  Usual suspects every single time, bullying their way to hijack the thread and turn it into a debate for their hyperbole and attention..  Toxic to say the least.   

See, here's the thing.

We on the moderating team purposely leave a lot of the comments and content up. Why? Because some of it is valid. If people think we don't notice who the usual "problem children" are, they are wrong and we know who to keep an eye on. And TBH after a while, those people tend to, well, "go away." I assure you, they are noted and we are paying attention and I will start to make those people "go away' too if they are unable to rethink how they reply and not able to follow the forum guidelines.

My goal for everyone is to try to get y'all to a point of self-policing without flame spraying each other. Cause, I know, crazy as it sounds, having a constructive conversation is actually a GOOD thing.

As I said when I originally replied to @Snargfargle having good interactions with your team and sometimes even the other team can make even a battle where you don't think you did too well, enjoyable. Because believe it or not, not ALL of us care about being #1 in a battle.

This is a game and some of us are here to just have fun and enjoy that game!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
11,742 battles
16 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Any -K- dead, is good for any team.

Sign in to follow this