You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

Didn't even get to 3 minutes in this game

19 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles

We didn't even get this game to break the 3 minute mark, 3 ships still left over.

vE6qj5U.jpg

LrJD4vP.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

Had a 2:40-something earlier... because human players were all ramming for the kill mission.  

Jackwagons.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Had a 2:40-something earlier... because human players were all ramming for the kill mission.  

Jackwagons.

Why the heck are they ramming, just do the other missions and that one will likely complete on its own. Heck while doing the secondary mission my Kurfurst got three kills and I didn't fire the main guns. That was restful, just yolo in and listen to the secondaries bark like angry dogs.

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,442 battles
29 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Why the heck are they ramming, just do the other missions and that one will likely complete on its own. Heck while doing the secondary mission my Kurfurst got three kills and I didn't fire the main guns. That was restful, just yolo in and listen to the secondaries bark like angry dogs.

My Georgia and Massachusetts are like that.  I have the secondaries set up with the right commanders to shoot to about 11km and they frequently kill DDs and Cruisers or burn a BB in the distance.
I see kills in the post battle reports sometimes, that I don't even remember getting in game. "Killed by secondary battery"

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Some players see that as a kill-guarantee.  I just happened to two divisions of them in one battle, and it just went fast after over half the bots were dead to that crap.

[PVE]
Members
11,798 posts
24,440 battles
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Because they are idiots who can't think OR "it's Co-op so who cares". I had a guy in a Jean Bart yesterday ram a near dead Goliath in his 3/4 HP JB which of course killed him. NO reason to do it. He then lol'd about another kill toward the task. It almost cost us the game.

[WOLFC]
Members
160 posts
15,027 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Because they are idiots who can't think OR "it's Co-op so who cares". I had a guy in a Jean Bart yesterday ram a near dead Goliath in his 3/4 HP JB which of course killed him. NO reason to do it. He then lol'd about another kill toward the task. It almost cost us the game.

If WG gave a sh*t about PVE they could fix this easily by making your ship loss subtract a kill from your mission kill count. Drive in and suicide the first target? Kill count 0 (or -1 if it killed you but not your target). It would also put a bit of a damper on reckless YOLO in general but you know, maybe that's a good thing.

[CVA16]
Members
5,375 posts
16,142 battles
1 hour ago, aardvark7734 said:

If WG gave a sh*t about PVE they could fix this easily by making your ship loss subtract a kill from your mission kill count.

Not sure it really needs fixing but from Sub-Octs comments, they really aren't concerned about PvE. Pre-mature ramming means you ONLY get one kill that game. On the other hand it ensures you get at least one. No wearing a target down to a few HP and somebody else gets the kill shot.

There are a maximum of 9 possible kills (often only 6) to be distributed amongst 9 human players in each match. Chances are somebody is going kill-less at the end of the match in the best of circumstances. Somebody gets 2+ kills, several players will be kill-less.  Ramming  actually prolongs the game since the bots get a kill too, which is the ONLY way you are going to get near to killing all the bots before the game ends. If no green ships die, the Mercy rule will kick in with multiple red bots afloat. This will pass when the directives change.

Edited by Sabot_100

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
19 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Not sure it really needs fixing but from Sub-Octs comments, they really aren't concerned about PvE. Pre-mature ramming means you ONLY get one kill that game. On the other hand it ensures you get at least one. No wearing a target down to a few HP and somebody else gets the kill shot.

There are a maximum of 9 possible kills (often only 6) to be distributed amongst 9 human players in each match. Chances are somebody is going kill-less at the end of the match in the best of circumstances. Somebody gets 2+ kills, several players will be kill-less.  Ramming  actually prolongs the game since the bots get a kill too, which is the ONLY way you are going to get near to killing all the bots before the game ends. If no green ships die, the Mercy rule will kick in with multiple red bots afloat. This will pass when the directives change.

Unless you get what I did, two divisions who came in determined to ram, resulting in 5 (maybe 6) red-green scratch losses... after that the remaining red bots died FAST, because they'd reacted to the ram-YOLO and were completely out of position to deal with the remaining not-stupid humans. 

[CO-OP]
Members
1,481 posts
24,663 battles

Ram is a legit tactic and one I'm not afraid to use, it is a [edited] thing to go from the outset with the intent to ram the first bloody thing you see. Irritates the hell out of me, I had a JB do the same thing that was mentioned up thread, nearly full health and he rammed a one third health Bismarck. The Bis was engaged with 3 other greens, there was no need apart from his need for kills. Ugh.

[CVA16]
Members
5,375 posts
16,142 battles
28 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Unless you get what I did, two divisions who came in determined to ram, resulting in 5 (maybe 6) red-green scratch losses... after that the remaining red bots died FAST, because they'd reacted to the ram-YOLO and were completely out of position to deal with the remaining not-stupid humans. 

If you have mostly good human (non ramming) players, the bots will die pretty fast in a cascade effect. Generally ending with the whole green team and 3 bots still afloat. You at least got to kill those last three bots. It is a bit more fun for the rest when players aren't ramming because there is more shooting going on but it is still a fast game. The only way to have long coop games is to have lots of bots or lots of potatoes on the green team. (gets really dicey when you have potatoes AND bots on green team)

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

If you have mostly good human (non ramming) players, the bots will die pretty fast in a cascade effect. Generally ending with the whole green team and 3 bots still afloat. You at least got to kill those last three bots.

Yes, I've seen that a lot. 

[CVA16]
Members
5,375 posts
16,142 battles
9 minutes ago, Efros said:

I had a JB do the same thing that was mentioned up thread, nearly full health and he rammed a one third health Bismarck

It is a bit frustrating when the whole team sets out on ramming missions but as I said, the above scenario with one ram should be good for you. The JBs death means the game should avoid the mercy rule with effectively more HP to be farmed by the remaining ships. The JB's guns have been removed from the equation so he gets none of that damage and probably got less farmed damage than he would have if he had not rammed (he only gets what the Bismark had left). Without the ram, the remaining Bismark HP would be divided among the 3 (4?) ships engaging it and one of the 4 would have gotten the kill. Without any volunteers on the green team to die, there will likely be 2-3 ships full of HP that do not get farmed when the game ends (assuming you continue to focus down targets like you were).

In a random game, this trade would be bad for the team. In coop where you are (probably) going to win anyway, it helps.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,481 posts
24,663 battles

Just irritating that people do it.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,193 battles

I always take a ram signal into co op with a BB, often can get a kill with main guns, another with secondary, and one with ram and survive. One battle actually rammed two ships and survived, a DD and a cruiser and sunk two others with guns. The funniest battle was when I rammed a CL and pinned a DD against an island with the CL I rammed, secondaries finished off DD while main guns sunk a BB. lmbo.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles
8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Shakes head, I got 14 kills while finishing two of the other directives, secondary hits and incap ribbons, last night. There is no reason to go for that directive unless you need it to finish up.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
365 posts
18,656 battles
8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Costing your team a victory is definitely bad form,  as rare as a loss is.

It is uncommon for me to ram,  but I will do it,  if I'm low hp against a bot with more HP than me.  Or nothing else is around,  and to save time from dragging out a clear victory.  And thirdly,  if the mercy rule is getting close to kicking in,  and again I'm dueling a bot. Sometimes I'll ram it instead of shooting it down,  to give the remaining players,  sometimes 1-2 extra bots to sink instead of ending early.

(oh and a different situation,  if a bot DD gets its way to my BB and I'm not sure if I can get my reloads in time.  I'm ramming that destroyer instead of taking a possible 3-4+ torpedoes)

[WOLF9]
Members
4,462 posts
23 hours ago, Ericmopar said:

My Georgia and Massachusetts are like that.  I have the secondaries set up with the right commanders to shoot to about 11km and they frequently kill DDs and Cruisers or burn a BB in the distance.
I see kills in the post battle reports sometimes, that I don't even remember getting in game. "Killed by secondary battery"

Similar experiences with French BB's.  Lyon;  Alsace; JB; Repub; Richie- they all do it.    "You sank an enemy destroyer!!!"  What? Where??"

Heck, my Colorado blasted a Kirov to pieces one day, with secondaries.  By the time I got my mains lined up to shoot, he was a one pump chump, lol.    Meanwhile, the other side was hammering a Kongo so bad, it ran away!    Kirov dropped torps at me, so I was busy dodging frantically.  By the time my guns finally swung around, he had but a sliver of health left.    That's what he gets for lingering within my 5"/51's range for so long...

• Funny 1