Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dryfter3000

How to stick that ALT key down

7 comments in this topic

[KISS]
Members
4 posts
3,756 battles

Howdy All,

Pretty new captain here looking for a tech tip.  I discovered this game late last year, I'm through the novice stage and beginning to improve steadily (by my own measure) into the tier 5,6 and 7s now where things are more serious.  I see the benefit of having the ALT key down almost permanently so that I easily see which type of ships I am facing and their health situation but cannot seem to work out how to lock it.  I see the youtube videos always have it on, is this a mod? The ole' hold down ALT and hit enter on the keypad doesn't seem to work. 

I'm running a Lenovo laptop for the game. Thanks if anyone has any advice. Cheers and remember, Calm seas do not good sailors make.

Beta Testers
803 posts
13,523 battles

It's an option in the settings menu to always have the alternate interface showing. Don't remember where off the top of my head, been too long ago since I set it :Smile_Default:

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,894 posts
45,112 battles

Go to Settings, then the Controls screen/tab.  Turn on Alternative interface mode.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles
Just now, hexeris said:

It's an option in the settings menu to always have the alternate interface showing. Don't remember where off the top of my head, been too long ago since I set it :Smile_Default:

This. Settings > Controls, I think toward the bottom left of the menu there's a box labeled alternative interface. I believe there's now three options, off, partial, and full. Off is what you have right now. Partial only gives you the data for the ship you're locked onto. Full gives you all the info for every ship on the screen. I'm guessing you want full. Select it, click apply, and you're good to go. I thought WG made it so alt interface was the default, but guess not. Anyhow, putting a brick on the ALT key is not necessary:Smile_great:

While you're in the controls and settings, often a good idea to poke around a bit. See what you can do, what controls are available, and whether you can tweak something to work better for you. Always a good idea to know a bit about what's going on under the hood.

Members
4,341 posts
11,204 battles

While you’re poking around the settings, I’d recommend checking this video out (and the rest of the ‘how to get good at wows’ series). His captains academy videos are also good, but most of the finer details (and some major ones) are severely outdated by now.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this