You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArmoredFrostX

0.9.1 Directive No. 3 — Winners Dynasty

62 comments in this topic

[-PVE-]
Members
588 posts

Hello, fellow players. How goes the grind for Directive 3?

I finished the minimum four (4) missions a while ago. Out of the four, the mission to score 1200 hits using BB secondaries was the most fun of all. There's no camping, sniping, nor kiting—just pure, unadulterated brawl. 

I used Georgia for 3 battles, and then finished the mission in a République, where we chased the enemy CV bot and just let our secondaries do the work.

How about you? What were the ships you used the most?

World of Warships Screenshot 2020.02.25 - 02.41.58.61.png

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,725 posts
21,436 battles

Finished today as well.

• Friesland for the DD mission. 3 Coop battles.
  • Wooster for the CA mission. About 6 or 7 Coop battles. Gotta have them DD present to farm them incapacitations!
  • Tirpitz and JB for the BB mission. 4 5 Coop battles and done. Fun was over too fast!
  • 24 kills came as dessert to the above.
Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

Members
4,332 posts
11,177 battles

Haven’t had a chance to get on since the stage unlocked, but for me it would be:

Battleships: Mass/Georgia, some Bismarck maybe, and then a few here and there from other battleships

Cruisers: Probably a combination of Worcester/Helena/ARP clones/Furutaka and others as they come

Destroyers: Dakkabote Friesland. Duh. 

After those it will probably be the kills through normal play and eventually the credits will finish themselves. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[TBW]
Members
10,277 posts
17,433 battles

I'm not in a hurry to get them done so I will just use the ships that I am grinding to get to tier 10 at the moment, so Alsace, Lion, Sov. Soyuz, Izumo, Amalfi, Albermarle, London, Hsienyang, Mogador, Jutland and Gaede. London is for the Commander and the Doubloons, Jutland and Gaede are Research Bureau regrinds.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,725 posts
21,436 battles
21 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I'm not in a hurry to get them done so I will just use the ships that I am grinding to get to tier 10 at the moment, so Alsace, Lion, Sov. Soyuz, Izumo, Amalfi, Albermarle, London, Hsienyang, Mogador, Jutland and Gaede. London is for the Commander and the Doubloons.

You have way more patience for the grind than I do and +1 to you! I pretty much stopped a couple of years ago but last November I started it again and 1) finished off Udaloi and Gorozovoi for my 5th T10 and the RB, 2) went thru Chaps and Donny just last week to get the Moskva for the premium status, and 3) am now suffering to grind the Wooster for her UU. I may have to tolerate more grinding to get the DM her UU as well but that might be it for another period of time. The grind is too "grindy" anymore...

Edited by Khafni

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles

My go to for secondaries is the Kurfurst which also worked great for the potential damage, yolo in and let the secondaries bark and hold the mains back.

[MR-1]
Members
1,064 posts
18,583 battles

Thought it still had a couple of more days till directive 3 was available 

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
7 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Haven’t had a chance to get on since the stage unlocked, but for me it would be:

Same-

BB: Bismarck, Kurfurst, Georgia

Cruisers: going to skip - see credits

DD: Cossack, perhaps some Daring, Fletcher and Gearing sprinkled in.  No Friesland in port.

Kills along the way.

Credits:  Missouri flagged up all day long.

[IGU]
[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,238 posts

Was it just me or was this one just to easy?

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

Ended up using Hakuryu for the CV Torps mission, she's just way better at it with her faster, far more durable planes.  The only bombers in the game that can tank fighter consumable intercepts until they run out of ammo and still do an attack run.

[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
39,205 battles
14 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

Maybe not for the players that are only up to T-6 ships.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts

Won't start these until I get home tonight. 

Probably just going to get them done in 2-3 days through normal play (get daily missions done and first two daily containers) without putting in any extra effort. The only thing that makes them at all "challenging" is the type-specific restriction on some. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,542 posts
8,473 battles

Without a chain gun DD or one of the secondary specialized BBs, a couple of the missions will take a little longer, but all seem doable.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

Started this morning about 0730 and finished at 1300.  28 COOP battles to finish the minimum four.  The fifth later today.  Wasn't very hard to accomplish.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles

Completed 4 missions, the ship specific ones, to finish the directive.

CVs:  Tried using Enterprise, Montana, even Kaga, but Hakuryu was simply better in getting the torp hits.

BBs:  Rotation between GK, Alsace, Georgia.  2nd easiest mission.

Cruisers:  Albermarle and then tons of Goliath games.  I was very surprised how long it took to get 20 incap RIBBONS with Cruisers, even the large 234mm RN guns.  The issue was nobody was really playing DDs, so there were almost no Bot DDs to shoot at and get lots of incaps.  Cruiser HE getting incaps against Cruiser and Battleship targets took a while.

DDs:  By far the easiest of the lot.  Harugumo took 2 games.  1st game was 519 hits, 2nd game got 387.  Overkill :Smile_veryhappy:

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
146 posts
16,552 battles

Sucks we don't receive incap ribbons for destroying AA modules like main turrets or T-launchers, would have had that mission done in one match.

Though I did finish that directive just playing my normal daily routine before work tonight.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,542 posts
8,473 battles

90% kills.  65% incapacitation.  About a  3rd of DD mission and credits.

I think going to T5 for cruisers gets better opportunities for incapacitations.  I got 5 out of a slow reloading Emil.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts

BBs tend to be better for racking up Incap ribbons in my experience... had some trouble with that until I switched to the Graf Spee and went full derp mode with 11" HE, then it was done fast.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
6 hours ago, Triela50 said:

Number four is going to be more difficult.

I used:

Chapayev, Salem and a touch of Myoko for the cruiser incapacitation ribbons (I am grinding Chapayev towards Moskva and I wanted to claim the bonus 1000 XP for the first and fourth dailies).

HSF Harekaze for the DD hits (Akizuki is better, yes, but I can put Yamamoto in Harekaze and push him on towards 19 points).

Chapayev flagged up in a good game won me the 6500 XP in a single random battle thing (and then some!).

Went to Jean Bart for the secondaries, and that was enough to finish. Didn't need to touch the CV mission at all.

Currently 690 tokens. 150 from Directive 4 will take me up to 840, and that leaves only 160 left to get from Daily Chains. Eight more nights of that at 20 per night will do it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,096 battles

ARP Myoko for incapacitations

Cossack for DD hits

Kills just happened naturally

Not sure if treasury or secondaries will finish next. (Bismarck & JB)

[PSP]
Members
85 posts
18,526 battles

Used my Flint for incapacitations. Was getting them on both DDs and other cruisers (taking out the main battery).  Used the Massachusetts for the secondary hits.  It didn't take long.  Best battle in co-op gave me 279 hits with the secondaries.  My Harugumo made quick work on 850 hits with the main battery.  The kills came while doing the other requirements.

[-PVE-]
Members
588 posts
10 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

BBs:  Rotation between GK, Alsace, Georgia.  2nd easiest mission.

Cruisers:  Albermarle and then tons of Goliath games.  I was very surprised how long it took to get 20 incap RIBBONS with Cruisers, even the large 234mm RN guns.  The issue was nobody was really playing DDs, so there were almost no Bot DDs to shoot at and get lots of incaps.  Cruiser HE getting incaps against Cruiser and Battleship targets took a while.

DDs:  By far the easiest of the lot.  Harugumo took 2 games.  1st game was 519 hits, 2nd game got 387.  Overkill :Smile_veryhappy:

The mission to use cruisers for 20 incap ribbons took longer than I expected. The most number of incap ribbons I made in a coop battle was 5, using Zao.

The DD mission was fun too, despite the very short duration of these coop battles. I used Akizuki and got the mission in 3 games (1 game using Loyang, the other 2 in Akizuki). I configured my space bar as a fire button, so all I did was press and hold it as soon as the targets were in range, for the duration of the battle. Hahahaha!

• Funny 1

[-PVE-]
Members
588 posts
5 hours ago, ItsSubmersible said:

ARP Myoko for incapacitations

Cossack for DD hits

Kills just happened naturally

Not sure if treasury or secondaries will finish next. (Bismarck & JB)

I forgot about the ARP Myoko. I should have used that ship to farm commander XP for my 17 pointer.

• Cool 1