You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

Anybody played on the other servers.

18 comments in this topic

Members
1,585 posts
24,995 battles

EU and RU used to be pretty hard going, with good shots all 'round.

ASIA not so much.

Never been on Chinese server.

Modder
86 posts
365 battles

I'm playing on EU and NA - the only notable difference is that there is more communication on NA, as most players use the same language.

[YORHA]
Members
4,992 posts
9,972 battles

Yesterday I watched a streamer on the SEA server.  It was frightening.  First thing I noticed was the streamer was playing a Hosho but hard the "Work In Progress"  identifier up.  The teams just sat at the edges of the map sailing around in circles while the CVs tried to torp them.  It was painful to watch.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,175 battles

From watching streamers I would say the EU server is very similar to the NA servers, same problems etc.

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,949 battles
2 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

What's it like?

How are the teams?

Contact General Dort. He Ranked out on all 4 servers one season. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
2,274 posts
12,190 battles
4 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

What's it like?

How are the teams?

General Dort ranked out on every server awhile back.

NA and EU seemed fairly close, other then language issues.

RU, SEA, and China were completely......wow.......

[ARRSE]
Members
192 posts
1,401 battles

I play EU, NA and RU.

• EU probably has a higher proportion of unicums/serious players, and feels like a slightly higher standard of game. However, this is diluted by larger player numbers overall - and most players are just as bad on each server. Another problem is lack of common language (apart from English) and a noticeable tendency for certain national sub-groups to play their own non-team game within the overall game.

• NA has best team chat and general atmosphere (including CCs and WG staff, incidentally). Commonality of English language is a huge bonus. Gameplay is far less toxic than on the other servers.

• RU is.....RU. Sometimes hard to distinguish between WG bots, player bots and actual human players. I know a lot of NA seem to play under the influence of recreational drugs, but on RU it sometimes feels as if some of the players are on Krokodil. If Mr Putin has recently made an inflammatory speech, then you might get TK'd for having a western (or Ukrainian) themed username. On the plus side, WG RU prices are lower than the other servers, and there seem to be a lot more special offers (coupons, personal offers, corporate promotions). E.g. RU once offered me up to 40% off every ship in the shop (i.e. not just a single discount coupon, but about 50x of them).

I'd say its fun to have an account on each server, even if one is your main account and the others are just F2P accounts with a couple of your favourite ships. Ping/lag isn't really an issue; EU to NA has excellent comms (better than within EU) and the RU servers are good as well - just like in WoT. If you are having a bad day on one server and think MM is stacked against you (cough), then just switch server and battle some foreign potatoes.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,715 posts
4,630 battles

Also, prime time differs between servers.  If you're reluctant to play in the wee hours on NA because of low player count, try EU where people may be up and about.

[NEMO]
Members
190 posts
9,967 battles

Do you have to make a separate acct to play on other servers?

[ARRSE]
Members
192 posts
1,401 battles
54 minutes ago, Burt6666 said:

Do you have to make a separate acct to play on other servers?

Yes. Separate account for each server.

However the "Game Centre" manages multiple game clients and multiple accounts quite well. If you switch from WoWS NA to WoWS EU, you get a dialogue asking you to confirm that you want to use the EU account credentials.

Some people use one client and a "region changer" mod, but I personally think its much better to download separate clients for each region (most PCs these days have plenty of disk space). This allows each client to update/patch according to their intended schedule (EU is a day later than RU/NA, and NA is 12 hours or so behind RU), and avoids complications when different servers run different events.

Edited by Turbogerbil
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,715 posts
4,630 battles
16 minutes ago, Turbogerbil said:

However the "Game Centre" manages multiple game clients and multiple accounts quite well. If you switch from WoWS NA to WoWS EU, you get a dialogue asking you to confirm that you want to use the EU account credentials. 

Some people use one client and a "region changer" mod, but I personally think its much better top download separate clients for each region (most PCs these days have plenty of disk space).

I have some recent experience with that, and while WGC does manage log-ins pretty well, setting up to play across multiple regions is *not* straightforward. 

First, you not only need a different account on each server, you also need a different client installed or WGC won't recognize it.  So I now have four 80GB installs - one for NA, one for EU  , and one for PT and one for Steam and ... maybe a fifth soon.

The region changer does allow your existing installation (e.g. NA) to log into another server (e.g. EU) but it seems to require that the mod be re-installed each time you want to change it.  (Hard to believe so I may be wrong; correct me if so.)

Edited by iDuckman

[AN2AC]
Members
106 posts
8,239 battles

I came over from SEA server in December and I have pretty much taken off all my DFAA, fighters planes, AA flags etc from my ships.

There were hardly any games without double CV's, here the occasional one, and only struck double CV's once since being here. Hence the more camping attitude?

Maybe the level of players here is lower than there, but the camping is not as prevalent and the amount of BOT's is horrible.

In fact its taking me a while to adjust to the more aggressive play style here (yes I'm a potato).

The English language is great (never learnt box language) and its good to see most opposing team wishing each other luck, and inter chat. Would never happen at SEA.

I was told before coming here the in game chat is toxic, I've only seen it twice, the rest is just good banter.... I'm still here and learning a heap more.

• Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Where am I connecting to when I use the test server?  Very quiet compared to NA

[O_O]
Members
6,426 posts
15,262 battles
10 hours ago, Taichunger said:

That sounds like about as much fun as smashing my family jewels on a jagged stump with a rusty, 10 lb sledgehammer.

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,715 posts
4,630 battles
13 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Where am I connecting to when I use the test server?  Very quiet compared to NA

The PT server is in Russia.  That's why there is no Support for it save the forum areas here.  TST server I'm not sure - probably Russia, but with your battle count I'm pretty sure that's not what you're asking about.

Early in the NA day there are lots more players on PTS than in the NA evening.  They are from CIS (Russia) and EU. 

Edited by iDuckman

[BONKS]
Members
1,474 posts
44 battles

Chinese server seems to have a rather large population of bots currently.

Which means in comparison to EU the average playing standard is actually quite high. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles
11 hours ago, Taichunger said:

That's hardcore.