Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

WG i have a question for you about your reward system.

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles

Why does your team based video game use an individual reward system and not a team based reward system? I see so many players do stupid stuff that costs wins or just plain not do anything that helps the team just to try and get the individual requirements done to get that reward. There has to be a better way to do your reward system. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,828 posts
25,898 battles
52 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Why does your team based video game use an individual reward system and not a team based reward system? I see so many players do stupid stuff that costs wins or just plain not do anything that helps the team just to try and get the individual requirements done to get that reward. There has to be a better way to do your reward system. 

So, you would punish people who play their heart out while rewarding unproductive potatoes when their teams lose?  That's just dumb!

Members
127 posts
8,830 battles
56 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Well, its not team based but individual based to begin with. You enter as an individual at tier 1. When you click a co-op battle you may by chance, end up on a team that could be composed completely by bots without a single other human in sight. You could just as easily wait 5 minutes for a random battle and play one other individual. As for team based rewards, there are such; they are in clan and naval battles. But your point is taken regarding the stupid stuff etc. We all have issues from time to time with matchmaking.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

There's no good way to avoid this short of actively and frequently punishing people detrimental to the win. Problem is, potatoes are customers, and that angers them. So they wouldn't do this, and I feel they shouldn't, as such a system could never be perfect.

[BLEP]
Members
545 posts
11,581 battles

I can agree that it is very frustrating to have players play foolishly just to get something for a reward done and i understand why you feel the reward system is wrong for a team game. The problem is that if you go to team based rewards you would reward players that do nothing to help the team also. So this is kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't thing. The damned if you don't change is better i feel. I feel that their could be better ways to make the teamplay better, but that is for another post/thread. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
4 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

The winning team gets +50% XP.

[USFC]
Members
92 posts
14,936 battles

There is a Team based incentive, it's called winning! The Team earns more credits and XP than the losing Team. It's still based on individual contributions, but who wouldn't rather earn more for the win?

Sign in to follow this