Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Camo68

A way to augment your FreeXP accumulation

17 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
3,685 posts
22,468 battles

With the impending release of two more freeXP ships (at a likely cost of 2 million each) some of you will be furiously building up your freeXP balances. Thinking about how to maximise the freeXP grind it occurred to me that there is another way to earn freeXP concurrently with the usual grinding of games and that is via the Research Bureau.

At the moment there is a 2x bonus for research points so if you regrind one ship line you get 20,000 RPs.  In the shop you get 250,000 freeXP for 12,500 RPs.

Given I can complete a regrind (without upgrading from stock modules) in roughly 100 games.

That translates to 2,500 freeXP per game on top of what I earn normally with camos/Flags etc.  If you complete a second regrind that translates to 500,000 freeXP over 200 games.

Not too shabby of your goal is to get freeXP as you will be grinding out the games anyway!

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles

Or play in a dedicated operation group and farm 10k-15k free xp each game.

• Cool 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
12 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Or play in a dedicated operation group and farm 10k-15k free xp each game.

That would work if they had not removed Narai....

0 posts
2 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Given I can complete a regrind (without upgrading from stock modules) in roughly 100 games.

with a lot of flags, camo and so on. Even then, for an average casual; 100 games is far too conservative a figure.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
21 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

It's entirely possible to farm elsewhere. Half of why I bought London early for the 25 +200% boosts, and I've been netting 15-25k free xp almost every match outside of the rare loss. All it takes is knowledge of how an op works to farm that op.

[1984]
Members
4,132 posts
19,960 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It's entirely possible to farm elsewhere. Half of why I bought London early for the 25 +200% boosts, and I've been netting 15-25k free xp almost every match outside of the rare loss. All it takes is knowledge of how an op works to farm that op.

Could you please provide examples? Which ops, which flags, which camo, and what you need to do to earn that much fxp?

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
24 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Could you please provide examples? Which ops, which flags, which camo, and what you need to do to earn that much fxp?

Gimme a little bit. Writing guide real quick.

• Cool 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
2 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

That it has a chance to lose in a group at all is enough to make whatever it is drastically inferior to Narai. Hell, you could easily farm Narai even in randoms and come out making at least as much. And with a group it was basically impossible to lose.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
2 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

That it has a chance to lose in a group at all is enough to make whatever it is drastically inferior to Narai. Hell, you could easily farm Narai even in randoms and come out making at least as much. And with a group it was basically impossible to lose.

I wasn't talking about pre-mades. If you lose in a pre-made, it wasn't a real pre-made, simple as that. It was a PUG. It's entirely possible to end up with potatoes even in Narai PUGs, just like in Narai matchmade PUGs. One time it was so bad it was a miracle we won. Easily the worst Narai PUG I've seen, and it was won by sheer dumb luck.

That said, Narai can have an issue you don't really see elsewhere. It can be so easy that you can't even do well sometimes. This is especially true if you have crack shots around using guns with fast shells. Their shells get there first, often taking most of the foe's health with it.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Well, I'm pooped after that writeup. So much fact checking, and so much in the way of double checking names of stuff. 

Sorry it took so long, but had to do my london win for the day, too.

• Cool 3

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles
4 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

Any other ops works, some easier than others.

Newport would most likely be the best operation you can possibly....avoid doing.

Aegis and Killer Whale are both profitable when the group knows exactly what to do and which roles to take.

[1984]
Members
4,132 posts
19,960 battles
4 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Well, I'm pooped after that writeup. So much fact checking, and so much in the way of double checking names of stuff. 

Sorry it took so long, but had to do my london win for the day, too.

Thanks for this! 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts

The problem with most of the "grind lots of XP fast in Scenarios" strategies is that they assume you have a ship of the appropriate tier for the Scenario that you're grinding, or that you're willing to waste +XP signals and camos on ships that are already elited. 

And that you have a stockpile of rare signals.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The problem with most of the "grind lots of XP fast in Scenarios" strategies is that they assume you have a ship of the appropriate tier for the Scenario that you're grinding,

Getting up to Tier 6 (or 7, when Narai comes back) really isn't that hard.

willing to waste +XP signals and camos on ships that are already elited.

A valid criticism, but it's too much an individual thing to make judgement on. If you've got a 19 pointer in a Fiji, for example, and it is your go-to for farming Narai, and what matters to you most is the accumulation of ECXP and FXP, there is nothing to be lost by farming the hell out of her. If it's your opinion that all the special goodies should be hoarded for levelling up, that's another individual call. I have to have particular reasons if I'm going to power-grind like that, else I take it slowly and savour every battle (even in co-op). 

And that you have a stockpile of rare signals.

Agreed; I'm looking at some of my Draconics with a rather nervous eye ATM because I'm not the sort of person who habitually spends money/doubloons on things like that.  That is why you will see me religiously in the PTS, spamming it for all the signals it can give me. The last couple of heavy grinds depleted my stocks rather severely, but I considered them worth it. At least I have more Papa Papa flags than I can easily use up right now, and More Resources crates are often a good source of FXP (400 coal, 500 FXP, 500 FXP is not an impossibly rare drop).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Getting up to Tier 6 (or 7, when Narai comes back) really isn't that hard.

My specific criticism there comes from the opposite side -- I'm past tier 6 and 7 on most lines, so I don't need to add any more XP to the tier 6 or 7 ships in those lines.  It would be a waste to use a Red Dragon or Equal Speed Charlie London signal on that ship. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'm past tier 6 and 7 on most lines, so I don't need to add any more XP to the tier 6 or 7 ships in those lines.  It would be a waste to use a Red Dragon or Equal Speed Charlie London signal on that ship. 

In line-grinding terms, yes. In using the ship one is most comfortable in for that operation, to farm other resources with best efficiency, not necessarily. Then it all comes down to why you're playing the operation and the level of resources you have to throw at it to farm ECXP, FXP and credits on an ongoing basis - and I agree, that isn't for everyone.

Sign in to follow this