Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
darkalex

premium italian cl after ifhe change

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
60 posts
2,148 battles

I know it's not important to majority of players, but I actually enjoy Abruzzi quite a bit, however

new ifhe gives +25% pen to tier7 and -50% fire chance

which means this ship now has 3.5% fire chance and only 31mm pen with ifhe, it's HE DPM is already the worst of tier 7

are they going to change the ship to use SAP or maybe give a refund?:fish_panic:

[HINON]
Members
13,277 posts
24 minutes ago, darkalex said:

are they going to change the ship to use SAP or maybe give a refund?:fish_panic:

Global changes do not lead to refunds.

[SALVO]
Members
24,838 posts
25,932 battles
35 minutes ago, darkalex said:

I know it's not important to majority of players, but I actually enjoy Abruzzi quite a bit, however

which means this ship now has 3.5% fire chance and only 31mm pen with ifhe, it's HE DPM is already the worst of tier 7

The thing with the upcoming IFHE rework is this.  I don't know all the details, but I do know this.  They want players to have to make a serious decision between using HE for direct damage vs using HE for fire starting.  You choose IFHE if you want to go the direct damage route, or you don't choose IFHE (and take DE instead) for the fire starting route.  Trying to choose both amounts to attempting to do direct damage without losing quite as much of your fire start chance, though you will lose some anyways in most cases, I think.

[SALVO]
Members
24,838 posts
25,932 battles
39 minutes ago, darkalex said:

Honestly, this is one gripes I have about the Italian premium CLs.  Their ammo feels very substandard.  The ships themselves feel quick and nimble, but quick and nimble doesn't do damage.  That's where you need good ammo.  And that's what the RM prem CL's lack, IMO.

Beta Testers
60 posts
2,148 battles
26 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The thing with the upcoming IFHE rework is this.  I don't know all the details, but I do know this.  They want players to have to make a serious decision between using HE for direct damage vs using HE for fire starting.  You choose IFHE if you want to go the direct damage route, or you don't choose IFHE (and take DE instead) for the fire starting route.  Trying to choose both amounts to attempting to do direct damage without losing quite as much of your fire start chance, though you will lose some anyways in most cases, I think.

Only problem being the fire chance is pretty bad without ifhe already:fish_nerv:

[SALVO]
Members
24,838 posts
25,932 battles
6 minutes ago, darkalex said:

Only problem being the fire chance is pretty bad without ifhe already:fish_nerv:

Well, like I said in post #4, the RM CLs' ammo seems pretty substandard.  Meh HE, meh AP, but the ship handles pretty well.  Sadly though, no ship ever sunk an enemy with its great speed and handling.

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Yeah, i really enjoy Abruzzi as well, and im worried about the changes. Abruzzi is no DPM monster, the fire chance is already poor and it needs IFHE to deal decent dmg. If i have to chose between HE pen and fire chance i would chose HE pen simply becuase the fire chance is already low.

I would like to see a buff to the AP shells, leave the weak HE but buff the AP. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,085 posts
23,857 battles

It's a consideration a lot of current IFHE users have to make now, not just Abruzzi.

Atlanta will have her fire chances essentially nuked to nothing.

Helena is a well known HE DPM CL and fire starter.  IFHE will seriously harm her fire setting capability.

Even the highly niche Battleship IFHE Secondaries Build are going to be affected big time by this.  There's a bunch of Massachusetts drivers out there that I know use IFHE to get better pen with their 127mm secondaries, and the change is going to nuke their fire chances the same way Atlanta's 127mm guns will with the trait.  My Alsace, GK are IFHE Secondaries Builds and currently they still set plenty of fires.  With the change in place, I see fire damage plummeting for them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,666 posts
14,778 battles

The T7 cruisers seem particularly rinsed, it's not so much a choice between fires/damage but 'how screwed do you want to be when uptiered?'

Without IFHE you keep fire chance but it's a hot 7% on Abruzzi and if you're bottom tier you'll be unable to pen 32mm and the increasingly abundant 27mm cruiser plating at T8+. Abruzzi vs. Hipper when you can't deal HE damage anywhere but the superstructure and have to rely on 7% fires and the hope for broadside and AP - that's really unappealing.

On the plus side IFHE taking 50% works out sort of better for the low fire chance ships than the flat 3%. It used to be/is a 12% base Cleveland lost only 25% of its fire chance by taking IFHE  while Abruzzi lost 42%, I guess at least it's now more even at 50% each...

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this