You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

10 comments in this topic

Members
324 posts

None of us are perfect human beings.....we all experience emotion, both good or bad emotion every once in a while.  It is only natural.  

Recently, I have been struggling with myself as the whole "Russian bias" got me worked up as Kremlin is difficult to sink,  Smolensks are still everywhere, Wargaming announced new Russian cruisers, etc etc......

I so thoroughly depressed myself I seriously considered just uninstalling the game and never coming back.   So much was the hatred that I was harboring for Russian ships. 

Plus, it has been increasingly depressing for me that I love playing CVs (I am working on a private pilot's license actually) but that there are so many players who HATE CVs and who HATE CV players with an intensity that is strong enough to kill people.   Feeling hated by CV-haters has made me want to hate them back.....and realizing this makes be feel psychologically disturbed and upset. 

However......I have decided that the best course for me to take is to follow Master Yoda's advice and let go of my hatred. 

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.  --Master Yoda, speaking to a troubled Anakin Skywalker. 

Below is a picture of a new upcoming Azur Lane shipgirl:  Sovietskaya Russia battleship (Soviet Soyuz-class) which I found on the Azur Lane WoWS "Off-Topic" forum.   I have had such a intense hatred for Russian battleships because of how difficult it is for me to sink them and by how OP they are.....but this image.....is beautiful.  

Yeah….I know that it is fake and not a real picture.  But looking closely at it, melts my heart.  It is a lovely picture of a beautiful woman.    Seeing this image has encouraged me to put a halt to my hatred for Russian ships and Russian bias so that I can be made free. \

Of course, I am still upset with WG that they have made a lot of OP Russian ships in the game, and yes, I do wish that the CV Rework was improved a bit more (I play a lot of CVs, but I do play a lot of destroyers, battleships, and cruisers too so I also have it tough against CVs. And being a CV player I see that there is much that still needs to be tweaked and fine-tuned).

Things that I am GLAD for:

1.) Submarines.   Yeah, WG did make a promise to not add subs.....but adding subs just expands the game.  WG cannot just keep adding more battleships and cruisers and destroyers all the bloody time.   Besides, adding subs makes destroyers more useful in the fact that they are "destroyers" i.e. the bane of battleships and submarines.  

2.) CV Rework replacing RTS system.  The CV Rework is not perfect, like I mentioned but it is far better than the old RTS system by a long shot!  In the RTS system it was too easy to Alpha Strike a enemy ship in the first 2 minutes of a match simply by bombarding them with all bombers and torpedo bombers.  If all your planes got shot down by...then all you had left was a plane-less carrier and can contribute NO MORE to the fight other than attempting to ram some enemy ship.  Furthermore.....with the OP fighter strafing run, you can deplane an enemy carrier in seconds.  There was no "balance" in the RTS sytem of an experienced CV player to a inexperienced CV player. 

3.) Armory changes The adding of more ships and the demotion of steel ships into coal ships. 

….I can go on, but you get the point. 

My goal now is to put a halt of my hateful feelings that I have for this game, and for other players, and just do my best to enjoy the game for all its worth.  This is a video game after all...and video games are meant to be enjoyed and to relax ourselves from our daily, real life troubles. 

Sure….I am going to still play CVs because I love the class.  Players are still going to hate me for it and even Report me for it....but f%$# it. They can do what they damn well pleases it if strokes their ego.  I am going to enjoy this game because I want to sail ships and fly airplanes. 

They say that every guy usually experienced a "f$#% it!" moment from time to time.....I just had one, and explained it to you. 

Anyway, dear friends and fellow captains, I shall see you on the oceans. 

<o 

Sovietskaya Russia battleship.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

1.) Smolensk is balanced. The data confirms this.

2.) The rest of the Russian Cruisers are balanced, and even the Stalingrad was balanced before they nerfed it. The data also confirms this.

3.) The top tier Russian DDs are actually performing below the bottom end of the balance range, which means they are underpowered. The data again, confirms this.

4.) WG "announcing" Russian CLs as a new upcoming ship type is not evidence of any type of bias. Were they implying "Pan euro" bias when they announced the Pan euro DDs? How about British Bias when they announced the RN CAs?

5.) The only constant are BBs, as the Russian BBs along with most high tier BBs are overperforming and therefore overpowered, confirmed by the data yet again.

Russian bias? No evidence to support this.

BB and CV bias? Certainly

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,715 posts
4,630 battles

Heh.  pew-pew-pew-pew should be a way to express negative emotions and get them out.  But it doesn't quite work that way, does it?

Good post.

[-KIA-]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
6,507 posts
8,375 battles

You know, star wars certainly did have some great life lessons we should all follow.

Except order 66, definitely don't follow that one..

• Funny 1

[NGA]
Members
128 posts
7,112 battles
14 minutes ago, Ciryandil said:

None of us are perfect human beings.....we all experience emotion, both good or bad emotion every once in a while.  It is only natural.  

Recently, I have been struggling with myself as the whole "Russian bias" got me worked up as Kremlin is difficult to sink,  Smolensks are still everywhere, Wargaming announced new Russian cruisers, etc etc......

I so thoroughly depressed myself I seriously considered just uninstalling the game and never coming back.   So much was the hatred that I was harboring for Russian ships. 

Plus, it has been increasingly depressing for me that I love playing CVs (I am working on a private pilot's license actually) but that there are so many players who HATE CVs and who HATE CV players with an intensity that is strong enough to kill people.   Feeling hated by CV-haters has made me want to hate them back.....and realizing this makes be feel psychologically disturbed and upset. 

However......I have decided that the best course for me to take is to follow Master Yoda's advice and let go of my hatred. 

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.  --Master Yoda, speaking to a troubled Anakin Skywalker. 

Below is a picture of a new upcoming Azur Lane shipgirl:  Sovietskaya Russia battleship (Soviet Soyuz-class) which I found on the Azur Lane WoWS "Off-Topic" forum.   I have had such a intense hatred for Russian battleships because of how difficult it is for me to sink them and by how OP they are.....but this image.....is beautiful.  

Yeah….I know that it is fake and not a real picture.  But looking closely at it, melts my heart.  It is a lovely picture of a beautiful woman.    Seeing this image has encouraged me to put a halt to my hatred for Russian ships and Russian bias so that I can be made free. \

Of course, I am still upset with WG that they have made a lot of OP Russian ships in the game, and yes, I do wish that the CV Rework was improved a bit more (I play a lot of CVs, but I do play a lot of destroyers, battleships, and cruisers too so I also have it tough against CVs. And being a CV player I see that there is much that still needs to be tweaked and fine-tuned).

1.) Submarines.   Yeah, WG did make a promise to not add subs.....but adding subs just expands the game.  WG cannot just keep adding more battleships and cruisers and destroyers all the bloody time.   Besides, adding subs makes destroyers more useful in the fact that they are "destroyers" i.e. the bane of battleships and submarines.  

2.) CV Rework replacing RTS system.  The CV Rework is not perfect, like I mentioned but it is far better than the old RTS system by a long shot!  In the RTS system it was too easy to Alpha Strike a enemy ship in the first 2 minutes of a match simply by bombarding them with all bombers and torpedo bombers.  If all your planes got shot down by...then all you had left was a plane-less carrier and can contribute NO MORE to the fight other than attempting to ram some enemy ship.  Furthermore.....with the OP fighter strafing run, you can deplane an enemy carrier in seconds.  There was no "balance" in the RTS sytem of an experienced CV player to a inexperienced CV player. 

3.) Armory changes The adding of more ships and the demotion of steel ships into coal ships. 

My goal now is to put a halt of my hateful feelings that I have for this game, and for other players, and just do my best to enjoy the game for all its worth.  This is a video game after all...and video games are meant to be enjoyed and to relax ourselves from our daily, real life troubles. 

Sure….I am going to still play CVs because I love the class.  Players are still going to hate me for it and even Report me for it....but f%$# it. They can do what they damn well pleases it if strokes their ego.  I am going to enjoy this game because I want to sail ships and fly airplanes. 

They say that every guy usually experienced a "f$#% it!" moment from time to time.....I just had one, and explained it to you. 

<o 

Nice post, and you remind me of a friend who thought Yoda and cute anime girls were better than a therapist. As for balans no game is ever going to be perfectly balanced, its impossible. However, it CVs start driving more players away than they attract, then we will see changes and only then. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,384 posts
14,152 battles
49 minutes ago, Ciryandil said:

1) I disagree, sub hunting was never done while under fire from surface ships. It was a form of combat that was completely different and separate from what the game has which was/is the problem with CV's. Subs are the famous square peg in round hole.

2) The rework was necessary or the work put into them was wasted. I would still like to see the rework rolled back to 8.3 and then make small adjustments from there until they are where they should be.

3) Agree.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PiterDeVries-Brad_Dourif.jpg

[G0ATS]
Members
352 posts
9,512 battles
1 hour ago, Ciryandil said:

<o 

Its a process.  I use to get really angry also.

Now i have moved onto the point of not caring cuz it is what it is whether its ships or bad players.

When you arrive at the point of not caring, you can move on and also let the game go when you choose and not play it anymore as well.

• Cool 1