You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

Logically thinking...oh wait it's Wargaming

28 comments in this topic

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
646 posts

Lets think about this, a BB platform built around ginormous guns that cant hit anything, vs  Smolensk or any cruiser for that purpose which can hit with accuracy and impunity across the map.    Why a BB cant use their same sized secondaries to fire back and hit at range, never mind. Its a game, its Wargaming, logic not required.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 8

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles

Just because Cruisers have the same sized guns as BBs isnt the issue here... its destroyers. If they did that I would say give dds back there CBT torps that all had 1km ish detection, and or the ability to open water stealth fire.

See how game balance goes you cant just make one change and it will work.

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
17 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Lets think about this, a BB platform built around ginormous guns that cant hit anything, vs  Smolensk or any cruiser for that purpose which can hit with accuracy and impunity across the map.    Why a BB cant use their same sized secondaries to fire back and hit at range, never mind. Its a game, its Wargaming, logic not required.

1.) BBs are already overpowered at high tiers. The data completely confirms this. WG refuses to balance them.

2.) Smolensk is balanced. The data also confirms this.

That is all that matters. Your logic is flawed. The game is arcade, not a sim.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles
13 minutes ago, Varknyn12 said:

1.) BBs are already overpowered at high tiers. The data completely confirms this. WG refuses to balance them.

That is all that matters. Your logic is flawed. The game is arcade, not a sim.

If this was a sim everything other then cvs and dds would only hit like 1% of their shots.. look at Johnston vs center force it was only when Johnston got into CQB range that she was hit.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,591 posts
2,429 battles
36 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Allow me to translate from BBaby to regular English:

"My glorious Battleship should not only have the most health, most armor, biggest guns, longest range, and highest alpha damage, but she should also have CL levels of range and DPM from her secondaries because it's simply not fair for me to not be able to utterly destroy all lesser ships with utter impunity.

P.S. Please either nerf torpedoes or just remove DDs from the game.

Sincerely,

Big Stupid Battleship Driver"

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,914 posts
11,593 battles
1 hour ago, HooplaJones said:

cruisers need a chance dude, im a BB main and even i think BB pimp hand cruisers too easily, honestly its embarrassing to admit that im a BB main when theres so many BB players like you that give us a bad name 

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

BB Players have cried for along time, wargaming listens to them and caters to them, if it was not true then Shimy would never had all the nerf bats taken to it. Now they cry fowl again and IFHE, Smolensk are getting the bat. It will never stop BB players are worse than my granddaughter at least she doesnt always cry.

• Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

The OP does not represent the majority of players who solely play BBs, or the other BB players who also play other ship types.

Let's not make this another ship type hate thread. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,427 posts
14,165 battles

It depends on what kind of secondary battery a ship has. If it is deck mounted turrets as became more common later in the era when they wanted those guns to work for AA also the range should be much higher than the game gives. For casemate guns while the games range is drastically limited it would be no where near what high angle guns could accomplish.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
9 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Let's not make this another ship type hate thread. 

It kinda started out as one, so that's a little difficult.

We can try, though.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,088 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

If this was a sim everything other then cvs and dds would only hit like 1% of their shots.. look at Johnston vs center force it was only when Johnston got into CQB range that she was hit.

If it was a Sim CVs would be OP and no one would bother to play anything else. DDs would be absolutely useless as they'd be spotted and murdered by cruisers and BB secondaries at 15km. 

I think Johnston not getting hit was more the IJN focused on the CVEs and not seeing the Johnston due to rain/smoke until she was pretty damn close (torp range). While she was launching torps at point blank gun range for the CAs, I believe the cruisers had a hard time depressing the guns to hit her, and had to elevate again to reload. Basically she was too close to be hit by main battery guns. It was only on the way out once the IJN had spotted her, realized the threat, and started shooting reliably at her that she got hit. Lucky? Absolutely, but it's not like the entire fleet was focused on her as she ran all the way into torp range.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I was never a BB guy, but getting to a point where BBs are so much easier to play and started to play more.   especially since I am trying to play UK  CA and how painful that can be  lol.  

with BBs, I always feel like I can contribute and do solid  work where  I don't feel that in other types.

[-REK-]
646 posts

Logically speaking again, If I have 20 127mm guns, why wouldn't I use them instead of shooting a gun that misses. Not logical.  Every fire is a citadel, there is no RNG for fire damage i.e. small fire, medium fire, etc its always 1 BFF after another conveniently timed to your repair party.  BB's are more fun in LOWER tiers.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,024 posts
8,268 battles
20 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Logically speaking again, If I have 20 127mm guns, why wouldn't I use them instead of shooting a gun that misses. Not logical. 

So get a Georgia and drive around without firing your main guns. Problem solved.

• Cool 1

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
582 posts
17,550 battles
3 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Now they cry fowl again and IFHE, Smolensk are getting the bat

Ifhe change only buffs Smolensk, giving 130mm guns 1/5 pen rule = 26mm pen compared to the current 21mm pen.

26mm x 1.3 ifhe modifier = 33mm pen (enough to burn British, French BB decks, pen all T8+ BB bow and stern).

Ifhe change only nerfs American BBs by giving all 152~155mm guns 38mm pen. All T8+ 152~155mm cruisers will have 30~31mm pen by default.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
26 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

there is no RNG for fire damage

Yes, there is -- when it comes to starting that fire.

P.S. You've hidden your profile, figures.

[-OG-]
Members
283 posts
7,721 battles
6 hours ago, Varknyn12 said:

Wow, I can't even comprehend this level of stupidity.

[-REK-]
646 posts
5 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Yes, there is -- when it comes to starting that fire.

P.S. You've hidden your profile, figures.

I would disagree with your RNG for starting a fire all that % to start a fire is broken mechanics.  Are you trying to shame me?  You do know that is against the rules...

[-K-]
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
1 minute ago, HooplaJones said:

Are you trying to shame me?

Nah, doesn't seem you need other people's help in that department. I just wanted to see if you play other ships besides BBs, and just how well do you play BBs.

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
8 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Are you trying to shame me?  You do know that is against the rules...

No, but in hiding your stats, you give us permission to use our criteria  to examine  your stance on the issue. Instead of what WOWS stats tells us who you are...

Now its would be better. Just making your stats public and owning up to what what is obvious to us, your BB biased... IF you only play BBs then own up to it, its you its what you play...

HOWEVER, you will get feedback you may not like... IF that is the case... IF you can't handle

• Feedback of others

Maybe you should hide..

As for me, I am an equal opportunity ship class objector.. I get on DDs, I gets on cruisers, I get on CVs, I get on BBs... To me fair play is important...

As of 0.9.2... BBs should rejoice... You finally manage to make the game a one ordnance dominated platform..

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,591 posts
2,429 battles
1 hour ago, HooplaJones said:

Logically speaking again, If I have 20 127mm guns, why wouldn't I use them instead of shooting a gun that misses. Not logical.  Every fire is a citadel, there is no RNG for fire damage i.e. small fire, medium fire, etc its always 1 BFF after another conveniently timed to your repair party.  BB's are more fun in LOWER tiers.

Play thr lower tiers, then.  WG shouldn't overbuff your favorite ships just because you suck at the game.

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
1 hour ago, Awe5ome said:

Wow, I can't even comprehend this level of stupidity.

Nice logical fallacy. 

If you have a coherent and concise argument, present it.

[-OG-]
Members
283 posts
7,721 battles
24 minutes ago, Varknyn12 said:

If you have a coherent and concise argument, present it.

Absolutely. Battleships aren't overpowered for quite a few reasons, first off while they are capable of dealing significant damage with a single volley they have to give up maneuverability, concealment, AA defences, rate of fire, and the ability to sway the tide of a battle. Essentially battleships are all about alpha strike and tankiness, giving up rate of fire, maneuverability and concealment. A single battleship is not capable of turning the tide of the battle no matter how good a player because of the simple fact that they can't control caps and don't have the DPM to deal with DD's crucial for those small windows of opportunity when a DD is spotted and when the DD disappears. And while you can look at the numbers and say that "They're outperforming every other class of ship in damage and experience" that fails to take into account the fact that battleships have the largest gun calibre's in the game and are the most idiot-proof class in the game. What I mean by that is that unless you are a complete and total write off as a human being there is a small buffer zone for error in battleships. Giving broadside in a battleship results in a paddling not a deletion so idiots will keep broadsiding and never learn their lesson, they use their massive gun calibre for high damage rolls and stay alive because that's literally what battleships are designed to do. The fact is battleships only look overpowered because the average skill of the player base keeps dropping, and as that happens battleships look more powerful. Any player with even a tiny bit of experience in this game will tell you that a good cruiser player is far more valuable than any battleship player because a cruiser has better DPM, team play, objective control and versatility.  Des Moines is a perfect example of this, it has the second-highest raw DPM of any T10 cruiser in the game only beaten by Minotaur. However, Des Moines is obviously the better ship because it has High Explosive, better armour and better team playability. A good Des Moines player will lead a team to victory with its high DPM guns, Radar, objective control and the ability to tank other cruisers and even some battleships. On the other hand, a good battleship player will push an objective tank a metric ton of damage in the process and maybe delete one or two cruisers in the process and then be in a state of constantly needing to heal because of the amount of high explosive and fire damage that they would've taken in the process of pushing that cap. So no battleships are not overpowered because while their numbers are the highest they also give up any ability to control objectives or the game direction.

As for Smolensk, it ties into what I was saying about battleships the average skill of the player base has plummeted. So while looking at the NA server stats state that Smolensk isn't overpowered because it only has a 49% win rate and an average of only 80k damage per battle, that's taking into account all the morons who were told "THIS SHIP IS OP GET IT WHILE YOU CAN" and then proceeded to get an insanely powerful ship that they had no clue how to use. I mean I've seen a lone Smolensk smoke up in front of a Des Moines, Worcester, a Radar Minotaur and a Conqueror, get deleted from existence and then complain about how he couldn't see anything and that radar is OP. That player for the record has played 60 games in Smolensk with an average win rate of 39% and only 30k average damage, and of course, he was a battleship main. The fact is that Smolensk is OP it's just not idiot-proof, so when idiots get a hold of it and then proceed to get deleted from existence it brings down the averages... because you know that's how numbers work. 

I know that you're not going to care about facts because that isn't how you reasoned yourself into your opinion and it isn't how you're going to stop believing in your opinion that "BB's are OP" and "Smolensk is fine". And despite me spelling this out to you you're still going to say I'm wrong because [INSERT NUMBERS HERE] say otherwise but whatever.

• Cool 1

[-REK-]
646 posts
2 hours ago, vak_ said:

Nah, doesn't seem you need other people's help in that department. I just wanted to see if you play other ships besides BBs, and just how well do you play BBs.

Well Richard,  I think I have enough boats and play time to comment.  GLHF Richard.  image.thumb.png.87f47a64da36c6517adf6ebf2293847d.png