Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pepe_trueno

upgrade ships to next tier

15 comments in this topic

Members
466 posts
4,399 battles

i want to belive i am not the only one who has a favourite low-mid tier ship but becouse its a low-mid tier ship it cant acces to certain missions or modules or its simply stuck in a horrible tier.

wich is why i wanted to suggest a way to upgrade them to next tier:

cost: tier*25000 free exp

effect: % increace to several parameters

% increace to main gun ROF

% increace to secondary guns ROF and range

%increace to torpedo reload and range

% increace to AA damage aura

%increace to health 

other stats are debatable but things that should not me increased:

main and secondary guns damage, range or penetration

torpedo speed or damage

Ship concealment

What i am suggesting here is say you like tier 3 saint louis but becouse its tier 3 one cant grind missions in it so you upgrade the ship to tier 5 and get a tier 5 saint louis with better stats (main gun ROF, secondary ROF/ range, AA aura, health).

Edited by pepe_trueno

Members
2,117 posts
6,338 battles

Balance, whats left of it will go right out the window!!!!

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
5,001 battles

This is essentially what the Naval Training Center (NTC) was suggesting, and that was burnt alive by the community.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,770 battles
3 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

i want to belive i am not the only one who has a favourite low-mid tier ship but becouse its a low-mid tier ship it cant acces to certain missions or modules or its simply stuck in a horrible tier.

wich is why i wanted to suggest a way to upgrade them to next tier:

cost: tier*25000 free exp

effect: % increace to several parameters

% increace to main gun ROF

% increace to secondary guns ROF and range

%increace to torpedo reload and range

% increace to AA damage aura

%increace to health 

other stats are debatable but things that should not me increased:

main and secondary guns damage, range or penetration

torpedo speed or damage

Ship concealment

this was called NTC, and was unanimously hated by everyone.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,982 posts
8,240 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

To be fair though, the tier of the ship would have stayed the same.

OP is basically suggesting moving the ship up a tier and rebalancing it.

Members
466 posts
4,399 battles
4 hours ago, _BBaby said:

This is essentially what the Naval Training Center (NTC) was suggesting, and that was burnt alive by the community.

2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

this has nothing to do with NTC, NTC was reset the tree and get a buff to the line.

What i am suggesting here is say you like tier 3 saint louis but becouse its tier 3 one cant grind missions in it so you upgrade the ship to tier 5 and get a tier 5 saint louis with better stats (main gun ROF, secondary ROF/ range, AA aura, health).

Edited by pepe_trueno

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,770 battles
56 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

this has nothing to do with NTC, NTC was reset the tree and get a buff to the line.

NTC let you regrind ship lines, then let you spend Research Points on upgrades for ships of your choosing above T6 and no steel ships, and those upgrades included most of the things you mentioned. 

Your idea is far, far worse of an idea. I'm not taking a 23knt cruiser with 12km range into T7 games.

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,222 battles

in b4 someone suggests using this to upgrade Missouri to T10 so we can have a radar BB in Clan Battles..

Members
142 posts
12,964 battles

They just need to create more operations, for tier 5 to 10. This would be better and easier and not create any issues.

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,359 battles

My flag ship is 3 of them.

1. Svetlana : my daughter youngest name
  2. Virbus Unitus : Jugoslavija ship, my country ship.
  3. Krasny Krym : the original Svetlana cruiser see #1

Do i wish  to boost them to make better ? Is maybe good idea, but I do not think it should increase tier of ship or such. Also have to think of unfair advantage it give you to newer player. Seal Clubbing maybe fun for you, but i think maybe holding on to newer player is more important than 1 shot them make them leave game.

Members
466 posts
4,399 battles
13 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

NTC let you regrind ship lines, then let you spend Research Points on upgrades for ships of your choosing above T6 and no steel ships, and those upgrades included most of the things you mentioned. 

Your idea is far, far worse of an idea. I'm not taking a 23knt cruiser with 12km range into T7 games.

its all in the numbers but lets compare,  a tier 5 Saint louis will have bad speed and gun range compare to its counterpart the tier 5 Omaha but in exchange it will have far better concealment (11km vs 13.5km),  it olso has more guns so if the ROF boost brings the reload to 6 - 6.5  secs it will be able to out DPM the Omaha, May be even open the option for a secondary build since the upgrade wont increace main guns range but will increace secondary guns range.

Edited by pepe_trueno

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles

Krasny Krym is what you get when you uptier the Svietlana by one. She is widely regarded as a joke (although she does have a small fanbase that does well in her).

Sign in to follow this