Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dareios

best DDs for capturing bases**

11 comments in this topic

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts

Welcome to another recent data dive where we look at:

Which DDs are most likely to tell you that ‘all your circles are belong to them’?

It’s a 5 DD, zero CV game, and the cap starts flipping… which enemy DD is more likely to be the culprit?

Using the last quarter only for NA server stats, for recent patches and meta shifts, I shall find and list all DDs of any tier with an average of more than 30.00 base capture points per match, in an attempt to answer this question. I could cross examine them with base defence to see who’s more aggressive, or survivability to suggest effectiveness, but let’s keep this one simple.

Place your bets, is it a dakka bote bullying its way in, a stealth boi stealing it, or a utility hybrid radar/hydro nopeing out the competition?

The barely qualified

Spoiler

Friesland, Fujin, Kamikaze, Harekaze, Shimakaze, Loyang, Lightning, Kidd, Fletcher, Gearing

The competition

Spoiler

#13 Z-46                      34.26

#12 Chung Mu            34.40

#11 Grozovoi              34.43

#10 Yue Yang             34.49

#9  Yukikaze               34.51

#8  Cossack                 34.86

#7  Benham                 36.34

#6  Z-52                      36.70

#5  Jutland                  36.97

#4  Neustrashimmy    38.86

The podium

Spoiler

cue the spangly banner music...

#3  Daring                   38.97

#2  Black                     40.08

#1  Somers                  40.55

And the winner is... a boat with meh guns, only ok stealth and no gimmicks. whaaaa??

• Cool 2

[PHD]
Members
1,511 posts
6,444 battles

Maybe a breakdown by tier?

And how often is there a 5 DD no CV game these days? I get it, you want to keep the variables at a minimum.

Anyway, interesting. :Smile_great:

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts
11 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

And how often is there a 5 DD no CV game these days? I get it, you want to keep the variables at a minimum.

Anyway, interesting. :Smile_great:

heh. probably not that often. Its just sports flavour writing to key up the main article.

Its an average over millions of matches so for the purposes of this dive, whether there's a CV or two or none, or whether its one or four DDs a side, it evens out.

Im not even sure I could track how many DDs appear per average in a match. I suspect only WG would have access to that stat.

Members
4,352 posts
11,259 battles

Honestly, those three actually do make sense. Somers is a steel ship, and a newer one at that, so most players that have it and run it will be good DD players and know how to cap effectively while not getting killed in the process. And since fewer people will have it, you don’t have the ‘average potato’ player dragging down the stats.

Black also does well for the same exclusivity reasons Somers does. Since more players that have it will either be ones that are in good competitive clans or got it when it was a ranked reward, your average skill will also be higher like Somers. And of course it has that smoke/radar combo that makes it quite effective at killing the enemy dd that tries to come and take your cap away. 

Daring on the other hand, is just Daring. An effective DD killer with the hydro to push the enemy dd out of their smoke and the cap, and the guns and heal to win a one on one knife fight if they try to resist. With the fact that theyre the only two in the top five that don’t have the exclusivity of steel preventing average players from dragging the stats down, it’s just more proof that Jutland and Daring are very strong/borderline broken as one of my clan mates that loves Daring says quite often. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,055 posts
36,014 battles

Hmmm many data deep dives you can do: most popular, most accurate, best AA... 

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles

I am surprised how low down the Loyang is, given her massive hydro range and long smokes should make her a solid cap contester. 

• Cool 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts
9 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I am surprised how low down the Loyang is, given her massive hydro range and long smokes should make her a solid cap contester. 

its not terrible. 31.43 av base capture (for this time slice).

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles
16 minutes ago, Dareios said:

its not terrible. 31.43 av base capture (for this time slice).

Still, you categorised her in the 'barely qualified' field...

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

What, no Haida? She has stealth actually competitive with T8+ (a rarity at T7), creeping smoke, hydro, and lovely guns.

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts
3 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

What, no Haida? She has stealth actually competitive with T8+ (a rarity at T7), creeping smoke, hydro, and lovely guns.

she came close. 29.16.

Sign in to follow this