You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

WGC vs. EU

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles

I normally play on NA and PT.  I have added an EU account.  I entered the EU email/pwd into WGC and it logs me in (big green circle), but gives me no option to Play on the EU server.

How should this be done?  Do I need a separate 80GB client installation for EU?  I already have three.

Alternatively, I installed the Region Changer from Aslain's modpack into my NA client folder selecting EU.  It forces me log in on the EU server (successfully), but that's a client function, not a WGC function.  WGC still doesn't give me the option to play on EU.  I thought cross-region account management is supposed to be a feature of WGC ?  No?

Edited by iDuckman
Even more outrageous client size!

Members
2,933 posts
36,731 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I normally play on NA and PT.  I have added an EU account.  I entered the EU email/pwd into WGC and it logs me in (big green circle), but gives me no option to Play on the EU server.

How should this be done?  Do I need a separate client installation for EU?

Alternatively, I installed the Region Changer from Aslain's modpack into my NA client folder selecting EU.  It forces me log in on the EU server (successfully), but that's a client function, not a WGC function.  WGC still doesn't give me the option to play on EU.  I thought cross-region account management is supposed to be a feature of WGC ?  No?

Yes

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles
11 hours ago, LoveBote said:

once installed

So.  Another 80GB client?  Joy.

And yet another when they let me on the TST server.  <sigh>  1.5 TB and not enough bloody room for a game.

Thanks.

Edited by iDuckman

0 posts
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

So.  Another 50GB client?  Joy.

And yet another when they let me on the TST server.  <sigh>

Thanks.

yeh, takes me a week to download a new client, I know the pain.

But it is worth it, once installed it is quite hassle free, now that we can update well in advance of patch days. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles

Btw, while it is possible to share a client between multiple accounts on the same server, the client really isn't structured for it.  They should revisit that.