You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

How to earn the Italian captain Luigi Sansonetti?

13 comments in this topic

[APES]
Members
993 posts
6,323 battles

I don't think I have the "Resolute and Rapid" collection even started. It is still possible to start this collection?:fish_book:

[APES]
Members
993 posts
6,323 battles
9 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

too late, wait for him to popup in the armoury for 175k coal

Ouch, lol. I would think WG would allow us to pay to progress, but coal is pure grind.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
5 minutes ago, _Marines said:

Ouch, lol. I would think WG would allow us to pay to progress, but coal is pure grind.

You could. Back when he was available in a collection you could only get from event containers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
22 minutes ago, _Marines said:

Coal is easy, now steel that is a grind even if you do ranked and CB.

• Cool 1

[APES]
Members
993 posts
6,323 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Coal is easy, now steel that is a grind even if you do ranked and CB.

As a rule of thumb, how many evenings of CBs does it take to earn a steel ship like the Bourgogne or Stalingrad? It is as grindy as taking a whole year or something like I've heard?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, _Marines said:

As a rule of thumb, how many evenings of CBs does it take to earn a steel ship like the Bourgogne or Stalingrad? It is as grindy as taking a whole year or something like I've heard?

I really don't know but getting steel requires advancing and it is brutal in the top league and I am certain that for most people it is several seasons.

[-KIA-]
Members
563 posts
6,306 battles
1 minute ago, _Marines said:

you earn 100 steel per win in CB, in the early leagues you can get up to 2000 steel per league. if you make it to hurricane it's like 11,000 steel per season. up to 5,500 per season of ranked. for a top clan you could probably get a steel ship every 2 seasons, a mid tier clan who makes it to storm or typhoon probably 3-4 seasons. for a clan that barely plays, maybe in 2-3 years you could get a steel ship.

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles

If he is from a collection, couldn't you just wait for the crate to be available in the armory? I think that's how I got Honore from the French collection

Members
4,364 posts
11,269 battles
2 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

If he is from a collection, couldn't you just wait for the crate to be available in the armory? I think that's how I got Honore from the French collection

Normally yes, but WG not only indicated that the crates would only be available during the event, but they also confirmed that he will be coming back to the armory for coal (I think it was sometime this fall but I don’t remember the exact patch). Since he’s coming back as a direct purchase (for what will probably be 175k coal like the others), it’s unlikely that the containers will be available for purchase since that would give you the commander for 25-35k coal instead of 175k.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

The collection could only be done during the Italian cruiser arc. However, it's likely that the captain will at some point be sold in the arsenal. Likely not soon though. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I really don't know but getting steel requires advancing and it is brutal in the top league and I am certain that for most people it is several seasons.

A buddy of mine has tons of Steel.  He's a great player himself.  Ranks out every season.  Clan Battles every chance he can get.

It takes work man.  Even in regular Ranked Seasons, he always cried to me about the last 5 ranks to rank out.  There's also the Clan Battles aspect.  How that goes of course depends on the quality of the clan you're with.  He doesn't talk about the CB aspect as much as regular Ranked, though.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,574 posts
7,677 battles

That feeling when you were only two items away from finishing the collection.

Much sadness within me. 

• Cool 1