You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Consumables and signals in PVE battles

16 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
538 posts
9,667 battles

I want to bring the best ship that I can into PVE fights, but I don't want to go into the negative fighting battles.  Does this community have any "general rules" in regards to loading up premium consumables and battle flags in PVE battles?

P.S. - I mainly fight dds, but I also do a fair amount in cruisers as well.

Edited by AMajor

[PVE]
Members
155 posts
2,734 battles

I don't really bother using either.

Exceptions being econ flags during +100% or +200% first wins, and damage control party(because I have about 500 of them in my inventory and this has saved me so many times).

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
6,436 posts
15,330 battles

I use the premium repair consumable on my DD's in Co-op, and I'll use the cheap silver camo for -% detectability, but nothing else.  The bots don't require much else to beat, and the meager economy doesn't make using economic signals and/or camo advantageous.

[RLGN]
Members
14,284 posts
25,147 battles

Right now PvE battles are so fast it’s difficult to justify using premium consumables.

Run signals and camo if you have them in abundance.

PvE is a good place to use up the type 1s, 2s, and 5s that show up in daily containers.

Use something better T8 and up if you want, to help balance costs.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,468 posts
24 minutes ago, AMajor said:

I want to bring the best ship that I can into PVE fights, but I don't want to go into the negative fighting battles.  Does this community have any "general rules" in regards to loading up premium consumables and battle flags in PVE battles?

I use economic signals EVERY match.   Because I have them, lots of  em!   WG gives them out like candy, and I take advantage of opportunities to stock up.  I most likely would NOT use them, if I had to pay credits or dubs for each one.

Co-op has slim enough rewards, and at high tiers the repair costs will eat up every credit you do get.   Thus,  permanent camos/ premium camos;  economic flags;  and premium time; are necessary.    I also have the military month contributor flag, and clan bonuses, which help, too.

Special signals, and super duper special camos like Asian Lantern, I'm far more sparing with.  I have plenty, but these days you just can't count on having a good enough game to make loading up worthwhile.   The constant stream of people playing like total spazzes to farm missions as fast as possible guarantees that, lol.

Personally, I don't worry- or even think about- what the "best" ship to play might be.   Having to play the "correct" ship for Ranked or Clans is more than enough of that.  No, I play whatever I'm grinding atm; whatever I feel like playing, or whatever is next in line- if I'm simply playing off the daily first win bonus.  (read: one of those days where can't make up my mind on what I want to play, lol)   Co-op is my main venue for playing, so any ship will do.   I do, of course, adjust tier or type according to what is working that day.   I play all 3 surface types, and the occasional CV, too.   (VERY occasionally, as the flight controls are very awkward with a laptop touchpad mouse- which is all I got)

TLDR:  If you got em- USE em!   Unless you LIKE losing credits, or playing lots of extra matches to be able to afford to buy that next ship, lol.

It also helps shorten the already much longer grind compared to other modes of play.

• Cool 3

[QNA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
65 posts
10,346 battles

for PvE Coop, only bother using the cheap camo Type 1 (smaller detection radius) or Type 2 (harder to hit). Type 5's should be reserved for your pvp random matches, until and unless you build up a large stockpile. For consumables, don't bother, even with the shorter cooldowns it's rare you'll ever use anything (Hydro, smoke, speed/reload boosters, or heal) more than once or twice in an entire match. Damage Control Party is the only premium consumable I *might* use, and even then for coop it's usually unncessary, bots have flamethrowers for guns and as soon as your DCP is over you'll be on fire again anyways which is only solved by longer DCP (coal upgrade) not using premium DCP which is faster cooldown.

Signals, for coop don't bother with any unless it's economic. Only use the extra credits, +50% xp, +50% commander, or +100% FXP; SAVE the cheaper repairs for randoms or Tier 8+ in coop.

For SCENARIOS:

use Type 2 or Type 5 camo, and hand-pick the premium consumables you need most (DCP almost always, heal or smoke always, hydro/DefAA maybe). Signal flags, economics again are the primary, but hand-pick the essential combat ones if you really want to perform better. They're unnecessary for the most part, but if you have a few hundred it doesn't hurt.

Members
4,349 posts
11,237 battles

For regular co-op, I never use premium consumables, only use the type 2 camo that reduces dispersion unless it’s a ship that has a permacamo, and the only times I’ve used any flags was one day last week to guarantee the last few thousand xp for my third crate since it was getting very late for me and I didn’t want to be up longer than I had to. In reality it probably only saved me two battles, but I had more than enough to consider it worthwhile with how often they get handed out. 

For ops, if it’s a ship I’m grinding through I’ll use a camo that boosts xp and either free xp or (normally) commander xp, and the standard xp/commander xp/free xp flags. I may throw on a few dragon flags depending on the op and ship and if there are any special daily win bonuses, but I rarely do that for most ships. The only time I’ve used premium consumables was the premium dcp for Izmail and Sinop for obvious reasons. 

In Narai specifically, if I'm just grinding a ship or playing for fun I’ll just run the same stuff as above. If I’m specifically trying to farm it (typically in Helena, going for the carrier or transports), my go to setup is:

100% xp/commander xp or xp/free xp camo, Zulu hotel, papa papa, red dragon, dragon, Scylla, hydra, leviathan.

With that and premium time, I can easily bring in 45-55k (and sometimes as high as 60-70) elite commander xp and 10-15k free xp a round. 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
2 hours ago, AMajor said:

2 hours ago, Vladeshi said:

I don't really bother using either.

Exceptions being econ flags during +100% or +200% first wins, and damage control party(because I have about 500 of them in my inventory and this has saved me so many times).

This^^^

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

I bring no signals unless I need the speed.

That said, I do bring premium consumables I know I'll use. Heal, dam con, smoke, etc. If you will need something a second time, you will want the premium version by T8, if not earlier. Depends on premium time/perma camo/premium ship or not, that said. Most of my co-op is done in premiums. In fact, if I'm not busy with a mission, I'll gladly play nothing but Kaga and Georgia in co-op, with maybe some Benham and Salem added.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

That said, for ops, I don't pull punches.

Will I need that premium speed boost, premium radar or premium fighter? Probably not, but they do sometimes come in handy, and the cost is worth the shot at better performance and better. I don't go to ops for credits. I have more important goals there, typically.

If I have a new premium with a set of 25 +200% xp missions, you bet I'll splurge on super camos and super signals. One doesn't go halfway on super eco stuff. If you don't have it all, your bonus is typically a ghost of what it could be. Skip commander xp buffs and credit earning stuff and go pure xp/fxp. You can net 5k+ Fxp even on a horrible win, and 25k+ Fxp on a good win. With my London, my projected earning expectations are in the 250k minimum and 500k maximum. Between uncommon op losses and such, that bring you down a little, but it's really not hard at all to get 250k by the end if you know what you're doing.

That said, when I have nothing to really grind, I'll bring the more vital combat signals, normal credit signals (because I have 600), and farm commander xp instead, which doesn't get multiplied by xp like fxp is, meaning you can use them by themselves for all it matters and still come out good.

[WPORT]
Members
5,435 posts
10,474 battles
2 hours ago, AMajor said:

Unless I have a specific objective, such as training a Captain more quickly or earning more credits or XP per battle or playing an important match, then I don't run premium consumables and signal flags.

Premium consumables & signal flags are useful to have for special occasions. 
But for everyday no-pressure matches they're not necessary and replenishing them comes at a price.

Mostly, I just let the premium consumables & signal flags sit in my inventory and only mount them for special occasions or specific purposes.

[KREW]
Members
146 posts
16,584 battles

I'm a coop main and if I wasn't "constantly" getting the next ship in a line or fitting a new hull or module, I would be swimming in credits.
The payout for coop is less, but so are the service costs, even at tier 10.

Premium Damage Control always.
Tech tree ships I run the 5 econ signals, unless it's tier 10, then I don't run the XP signal.
Premium ships, I run the cheap Credit, Commander XP and Free XP signals.
For Naval Battles, I run more premium consumables, a Detonation signal and whatever battle signals are appropriate for the ship.

As far as Camouflage if the ship has a perma, I run it. If it is a Tech tree ship I am grinding and I don't have a perma camo for it, I run Frosty Fir or some other camo that I have hundreds of.

For Operations, I load up premium consumables as needed, nicer camouflage, special signals and a few combat signals that are ship appropriate.

[VOP]
Members
600 posts

I used to mainly use signals and camo for ops, 100% and 200% days.  I also use them to grind a specific captain or finish a ship that is near research completion.  I built quite a stockpile.  However, I have decided to let my premium time expire.  So, I am using more camo and signals on ships at the top of my research lines to get the most before the premium time is gone.  It is a crap shoot.  You do not know if the battle is going to be good or last only 3 minutes.  If you are grinding a slow ship, your only hope is to go full throttle and follow the DD to get in effective range of something.  If you are in a slow ship spawned on the far side of the map away from everything, you might as well take a lighter to the consumables you used.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
17 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I use economic signals EVERY match.   Because I have them, lots of  em!   WG gives them out like candy, and I take advantage of opportunities to stock up.  I most likely would NOT use them, if I had to pay credits or dubs for each one.

Co-op has slim enough rewards, and at high tiers the repair costs will eat up every credit you do get.   Thus,  permanent camos/ premium camos;  economic flags;  and premium time; are necessary.    I also have the military month contributor flag, and clan bonuses, which help, too.

Special signals, and super duper special camos like Asian Lantern, I'm far more sparing with.  I have plenty, but these days you just can't count on having a good enough game to make loading up worthwhile.   The constant stream of people playing like total spazzes to farm missions as fast as possible guarantees that, lol.

Personally, I don't worry- or even think about- what the "best" ship to play might be.   Having to play the "correct" ship for Ranked or Clans is more than enough of that.  No, I play whatever I'm grinding atm; whatever I feel like playing, or whatever is next in line- if I'm simply playing off the daily first win bonus.  (read: one of those days where can't make up my mind on what I want to play, lol)   Co-op is my main venue for playing, so any ship will do.   I do, of course, adjust tier or type according to what is working that day.   I play all 3 surface types, and the occasional CV, too.   (VERY occasionally, as the flight controls are very awkward with a laptop touchpad mouse- which is all I got)

TLDR:  If you got em- USE em!   Unless you LIKE losing credits, or playing lots of extra matches to be able to afford to buy that next ship, lol.

It also helps shorten the already much longer grind compared to other modes of play.

You posted everything I was going to say, exactly.  +1.  :cap_like:

Ok.  I wouldn't capitalize the word NOT.  So, yeah, everything but that.  And I would spell out the number 3.  Everything else though.  :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF9]
Members
655 posts
18,851 battles

I don't use premium consumables in coop at all.

I do run (mostly) economic signals in all matches (although the ones I use are dependent on what I am trying to accomplish).  My T9s and T10s will use all that I need for multiple missions.  T8s get mostly just the critical missions (running out of time, etc).  T7s and lower generally don't get anything.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,193 battles

I don't run premium consumables, and only use signals like ramming on BB, detonation on DD. If in a really slow ship maybe speed once in a while for a specific directive or fire chance in Friesland if I need fire ribbons. For normal play very few and far between. Camo either none, or one of the cheap ones I have a lot of that I would not use in random. I don't use many economic signals in co op, save then for random mostly unless low on credits etc.