You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
admiral_kronokrusader514

Should I get kuznetzov or yoshino?

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
3 minutes ago, admiral_kronokrusader514 said:

I'm currently sitting on around 190k coal. I was wondering if I should save up for yoshino or should I get admiral kuznetov now from the armory. Thanks!

I don't get paying 175k coal for a captain - makes no damn sense to me at all :)

Buy boats with coal imo

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 2

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
729 posts
4,671 battles

I would rather buy ships for coal than captains. As busted as Kuznetsov is, 175k is too much. 

Also, Yoshino can be used to get snowflakes, SCs, and other goodies when events roll around

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,570 posts
11,192 battles

Last time I got the Thunderer instead of the Commander . Just couldn't bring myself to spend 175,000 on a Commander but I want him and the German commander it's an annoying decision .

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,640 posts
21 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I don't get paying 175k coal for a captain - makes no damn sense to me at all :)

Buy boats with coal imo

A captain is useless without a ship.  A ship is useless without a captain.

He is a GOOD captain, one of the best in the game in fact.  Players should be after the best preformance possible.  Doesn't matter if that is a ship, a captain or a set of pink fuzzy dice they put in the shop to hang from your ship's rearview mirror that give -1% to dispersion.

The item itself, how the pixels are arranged, doesn't matter, the stats of the item matter.

I snagged him for the coal and put him in my GK for now for the secondary lulz, but he is very versatile for other more "serious" uses and ships.  No regrets at all.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,034 posts
8,588 battles

Between those two choices I would get the commander. Other than a mid tier ship, I have all of coal ships I am interested in so I might get the commander as well.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

I would get a boat over a captain any day. The boost from a special captain are minor and often situational. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,089 posts
564 battles
31 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

He is a GOOD captain, one of the best in the game in fact.  Players should be after the best preformance possible.  Doesn't matter if that is a ship, a captain or a set of pink fuzzy dice they put in the shop to hang from your ship's rearview mirror that give -1% to dispersion.

The item itself, how the pixels are arranged, doesn't matter, the stats of the item matter.

I snagged him for the coal and put him in my GK for now for the secondary lulz, but he is very versatile for other more "serious" uses and ships.  No regrets at all.

n8NeJj2.jpg

[TBW]
Members
10,292 posts
17,487 battles

In a poker game a ship is worth 3x more than a commander.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Do you play a ton of Russian tanky stuff? Moskva, BBs, etc. If yes, commander could be handy in a lot of matches. That near dead heal/damcon is amazing in Aegis. Makes me glad I earned him.

Do you not? Yoshino.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
7 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I guess I have enough of the Soviet special skill captains that I don't really need another … (Two Znamensky brothers and Ovenchicken are plenty and arguably more useful :)

7 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

I would rather buy ships for coal than captains. As busted as Kuznetsov is, 175k is too much. 

Also, Yoshino can be used to get snowflakes, SCs, and other goodies when events roll around

It's a T10 battle cruiser - It's long, gorgeous and unique, a must have for IJN … not even a close decision 

7 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I would get a boat over a captain any day. The boost from a special captain are minor and often situational. 

This ^

Kuznet might buy you 30 seconds of added life at the end of a battle, but only gets a JOT buff for majority of the fight 

Flags do more for you in terms of buffs 

Finally, I don't want to encourage WG to lock skilled captains behind a wall of coal … they used to be much easier to acquire and every nation except IJN has a few 

Edited by Commander_367

[THREE]
Members
2,402 posts
13,227 battles

Hey 

I'm not paying 175K for a Captain with only 10 skill points; if they had 15 skill points, then yes I might consider it; and you can't use them in clan battles so what's the point.   I would get the Yoshino first.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
5 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey 

I'm not paying 175K for a Captain with only 10 skill points; if they had 15 skill points, then yes I might consider it; and you can't use them in clan battles so what's the point.   I would get the Yoshino first.

Pete

Yeah, that's right - only 10 points and none of the talents work in clan battles lol … Fuhgeddaboudit!

Buy Znamensky brothers instead if they're still available and use coal for ships 

Edited by Commander_367

[A-D-F]
7,640 posts
10 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Yeah, that's right - only 10 points and none of the talents work in clan battles lol … Fuhgeddaboudit!

Buy Znamensky brothers instead if they're still available and use coal for ships

For some reason I thought we were talking about the German captain.  I need to get more sleep :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,083 posts
11 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Do you have Flint n Black?  In six months they'll be available for coal tho no telling just how much........................Me unless something better comes along meantime always providing I'm still playing

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,640 posts
35 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Do you have Flint n Black?  In six months they'll be available for coal tho no telling just how much........................Me unless something better comes along meantime always providing I'm still playing

I do not have either.  I slowly accumulate my steel and save it, in the probably useless thought that there might be a CV for steel soon :Smile_teethhappy:

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts

I'd only get the captains if I had absolutely nothing else to spend coal on. Ships should come first.

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,421 battles
13 hours ago, admiral_kronokrusader514 said:

I'm currently sitting on around 190k coal. I was wondering if I should save up for yoshino or should I get admiral kuznetov now from the armory. Thanks!

Apples and Oranges

So instead I will talk a little about each

Yoshino is a pretty balanced ship but does well in the current meta of long range HE spam where Yoshino excels at.

She does a lot of damage, have a very high fire chance, and can equip IFHE to penetrate even Kremlin.

The problem with Yoshino is that she does not have as impact on the game as other cruisers. She mainly sits at range and does damage over time. She is not a play maker and have trouble carrying a bad team.

Kutnezov is a consistent, but weak commander. Unique commanders are all strong, however, the Russian one is by far the weakest

Despite being the weakest, the commander is still a very good upgrade to have on the Russian Cruisers and Battleships. If you play those two lines often then the commander will be of good use.

If not, or if you play other nations, then the other commanders at 175k are much better, especially Lutjens.

• Cool 1