Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SaltyRat

Naval Battles is a JOKE!

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

89
[GROGS]
Members
272 posts
16,732 battles

This constant wishy washy score mechanic where the developer cant make up their mind how to score the missions is a JOKE! The current method is about as depressing as it can get given it relies on my team winning or losing and regardless how good "I" do personally, if my team fails and we lose my XP is going to be half or less what it would have been if we had won. The only way this can be a fair process is if the score is calculated based on some personal scorecard that does not rely on how well 11 other players perform! Then again I have about as much hope of this developer understanding this as I do the 70+% of the player base that is clueless how to play the game!

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,675
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,470 posts
2 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

This constant wishy washy score mechanic where the developer cant make up their mind how to score the missions is a JOKE! The current method is about as depressing as it can get given it relies on my team winning or losing and regardless how good "I" do personally, if my team fails and we lose my XP is going to be half or less what it would have been if we had won. The only way this can be a fair process is if the score is calculated based on some personal scorecard that does not rely on how well 11 other players perform! Then again I have about as much hope of this developer understanding this as I do the 70+% of the player base that is clueless how to play the game!

Insulted the devs AND the playerbase all in one post.  Impressive.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,705
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
1 minute ago, SaltyRat said:

This constant wishy washy score mechanic where the developer cant make up their mind how to score the missions is a JOKE! The current method is about as depressing as it can get given it relies on my team winning or losing and regardless how good "I" do personally, if my team fails and we lose my XP is going to be half or less what it would have been if we had won. The only way this can be a fair process is if the score is calculated based on some personal scorecard that does not rely on how well 11 other players perform! Then again I have about as much hope of this developer understanding this as I do the 70+% of the player base that is clueless how to play the game!

I don't like this mode either but Naval battles is a no stress win some oil for the clan each week mode   . Don't let it get to you it's just a way to get extra oil for your clan you even get oil when you lose so don't let it get you crazy . Plus next week it will be damaged based maybe they change it up to keep it interesting I don't know . But I like it better when its ship damage though .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,951
[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
12 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I don't like this mode either but Naval battles is a no stress win some oil for the clan each week mode   . Don't let it get to you it's just a way to get extra oil for your clan you even get oil when you lose so don't let it get you crazy . Plus next week it will be damaged based maybe they change it up to keep it interesting I don't know . But I like it better when its ship damage though .

What is it this weekend anyway? I haven’t checked yet.

Base xp is the score metric I like the least, but unless you are worse that soggy powdered potatoes, or get detonated early, 300 bxp for the first bracket star is easy in Randoms, win or lose; and a bit tougher but doable in Co-op. Stars for the upper brackets really need to be attempted in Randoms.

The signals and damage metrics are easy peasy whichever mode, as long as you bring the right ship.

No mess, no fuss, no stress, like you said.

Only ‘stress’ I have about NB right now is almost everyone else are ghosts; my clan can’t get in to NB, despite my usually maxing out my single contribution.

Prefer NB to CW anyway, not interested in that in the least.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,705
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles

its base XP the worst one . Your right 300 XP piece of cake 900 a little harder if you lose . After that you need a winning team to do 1200 XP 1500 XP that's hard to do when you lose .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[WOLFO]
Members
536 posts
4,161 battles

I wish on the detailed page they would actually label the base xp line, as Base XP. Or put it in the tool tip. I have had it shown, and explained to me in this forum. And I am STILL sketchy on it. Which line in the read-out is the Base XP exactly? And after 300xp it gets really tuff. Maybe ever had a few 900 base xp games under any circumstances. But, I couldn't point that fact out to anyone either.

Edited by iamSamoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,675
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,470 posts
17 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

I wish on the detailed page they would actually label the base xp line, as Base XP. Or put it in the tool tip. I have had it shown, and explained to me in this forum. And I am STILL sketchy on it. Which line in the read-out is the Base XP exactly? And after 300xp it gets really tuff. Maybe ever had a few 900 base xp games under any circumstances. But, I couldn't point that fact out to anyone either.

On the second tab where it shows all the ships on your team and the red team after the game.  The xp number on that screen, is everyone's base xp. 

The player at the top of the list for example, earned the most base XP on their team and it orders them down from there.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,892
[O_O]
Members
6,425 posts
15,262 battles

Getting the higher Base XP markers does hinge on you winning or losing.  Just like the other team you are against in that Naval Battle.

All is equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×