You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

T9 is the sweet spot

21 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,056 posts
15,804 battles

So has anyone else noticed that T9 MM is mostly T9? I mean i don't have any data to back this up, i do however see most of my T9 games without cv and 100% T9. 

How about doing a hard limit on cv to same tier only. and the odd tier 5, 7, 9 be cv free. 

That would make cv's fight only their tier ships. 

• most T8 cv's hate being up tiered into 10 and 9
  • this would give cv's a level playing field 
  • the game could balance aa and cv as there would not be the need to span 3 tiers
  • it would give players a break grinding boats at lower tiers where the up tier cv can wipe the floor with them
  • cv would have more synergy in the game as the players could prepare for the cv with the understanding that 75% of the time would have a cv match
  • the player base could set up captains and mods that make for the balance of aa and other objective settings for cv interaction.
  • The Surface players can stop whining about imbalance in cv surface ship interaction.
  • the devs could actually make the balance in the ships as they would not have to take into consideration +1 -1 

The big thing would b that T10 would always have cv and that seems like the most balanced mm due to the fact that 90% of the time the cv is a T10 and most of the ships are T10. 

I think the T8 cv against T10 boats is massively under powered. I was in my gumo this morning. a Graf Zep tried to attack a near by ship, i wiped 7 planes in a matter of 20 to 30 seconds. 

However make the Graf top tier and me in a Fubuki then im food. Not a chance at living. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ALWC]
Members
1,179 posts
13,943 battles

I have notice t9 is the sweet spot. Most games are 9s only. 10 games have too many people that don’t know how to play at that tier and the games are terrible. T7 suck now too. To much up tiering 

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,084 battles

T9 today is what T7 was a year ago.

• Cool 1

Members
2,765 posts
36,457 battles
18 minutes ago, MEANN said:

So has anyone else noticed that T9 MM is mostly T9? I mean i don't have any data to back this up, i do however see most of my T9 games without cv and 100% T9. 

How about doing a hard limit on cv to same tier only. and the odd tier 5, 7, 9 be cv free. 

• the game could balance aa and cv as there would not be the need to span 3 tiers
  • it would give players a break grinding boats at lower tiers where the up tier cv can wipe the floor with them
  • cv would have more synergy in the game as the players could prepare for the cv with the understanding that 75% of the time would have a cv match
  • the player base could set up captains and mods that make for the balance of aa and other objective settings for cv interaction.
  • The Surface players can stop whining about imbalance in cv surface ship interaction.
  • the devs could actually make the balance in the ships as they would not have to take into consideration +1 -1 

The big thing would b that T10 would always have cv and that seems like the most balanced mm due to the fact that 90% of the time the cv is a T10 and most of the ships are T10. 

I think the T8 cv against T10 boats is massively under powered. I was in my gumo this morning. a Graf Zep tried to attack a near by ship, i wiped 7 planes in a matter of 20 to 30 seconds. 

However make the Graf top tier and me in a Fubuki then im food. Not a chance at living. 

Locking the CVs to their tier like say 8 and mm puts everyone's tier 8 ships locked in there as well will only complicate MM. Players might take advantage of this and drag a CV along on a crappy date of a tier 8 match for example just so everyone is a tier 8. This is manipulating MM.

A tier 9 match would by that same logic lock out uptiers and downtiers. Again, stacking the deck as it were.

WG did say they were going to eventually reintroduce the odd tier CVs. Then we will have yet more to talk about.

[SCOM]
Members
186 posts
8,932 battles

Tier 9 has the best DDs to play in my opinion.  The tier 10 DDs are strong but they generally give up their concealment at a tier that everything hits hard and fast. 

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,598 posts
10,459 battles
44 minutes ago, MEANN said:

I think everyone would be playing odd tier ships most of the time.  I'd be fine with that, but I don't think the CV crowd would like it when the even tiers suddenly became empty.

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles

I believe the recent Matchmaker change brought about a 40%+ chance of same tier (all ships same tier), 30% uptiered, 30% downtiered.

While it might be a novel idea, I don't think it'll work in practice.  The amount of wait for same tier games would be prohibitive to queue times and likely cause odd games for 6v6 or 8v8 randoms.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
34 minutes ago, cyclone_z said:

Always has to be about a CV lol

They ruin gameplay for a lot of players, so, yeah, it's always going to be a part of the conversation.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
812 posts
6,547 battles

Sounds like Tier X.  Most of my Tier X games are battle tier 12 / 100% Tier X.  Wouldn't call that a "sweet spot" though unless you like dodging Shimi skill walls.

[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

WG did say they were going to eventually reintroduce the odd tier CVs. Then we will have yet more to talk about.

A year on after the rework blew up in their faces, (however ‘successful’ WG chooses to delude themselves into believing it was,) I’m not so sure about this ever happening.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,896 posts
8,143 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

You in a Shima or Harugumo would still be food for a Graf, unless you hung out close to your teammates.

[HATE]
Members
1,056 posts
15,804 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You in a Shima or Harugumo would still be food for a Graf, unless you hung out close to your teammates.

not the gumo. THe shimma yeah, the gumo has very good aa. when buffed is formidable, but you give up effectiveness in other areas for that ability

Members
2,765 posts
36,457 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

A year on after the rework blew up in their faces, (however ‘successful’ WG chooses to delude themselves into believing it was,) I’m not so sure about this ever happening.

You are most likely right. But WG does some odd stuff to put it mildly. LOL

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,617 posts
11,245 battles
2 hours ago, MEANN said:

So has anyone else noticed that T9 MM is mostly T9? I mean i don't have any data to back this up, i do however see most of my T9 games without cv and 100% T9.  However make the Graf top tier and me in a Fubuki then im food. Not a chance at living. 

Hrm, I don't see most of them that way, but a fair share - especially since there are as many all T10 matches as there are now.

As to the CVs, that's been my consistent issue from the redesign. The tier balance is absolutely crap.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,896 posts
8,143 battles
2 hours ago, MEANN said:

not the gumo. THe shimma yeah, the gumo has very good aa. when buffed is formidable, but you give up effectiveness in other areas for that ability

I dunno, I took one out the other night with Lexington, although I had to stick with DBs and TBs for a bit afterwards. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,031 posts
35,935 battles

Yes, T9 is really good now. Fewer CVs and often top tier. Can't beat that combination. 

[HATE]
Members
1,056 posts
15,804 battles
On 2/22/2020 at 5:18 PM, Taichunger said:

Yes, T9 is really good now. Fewer CVs and often top tier. Can't beat that combination. 

Seems to me that you are either all 9 or top tier. Plus the boat balance at 9 is really good

[AK-49]
Members
369 posts
7,214 battles

I'm at the point I can play T9 without loosing credits (in non premium mode) and that's a sweet spot for me.

[HATE]
Members
1,056 posts
15,804 battles
31 minutes ago, Aurora_7 said:

I'm at the point I can play T9 without loosing credits (in non premium mode) and that's a sweet spot for me.

yeah. i have more than i can use..lol 

243,068,191  silver
Edited by MEANN

[TDRB]
Members
5,113 posts
13,721 battles
On 2/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, MEANN said:

I don't know if T9 is or isn't the "sweet spot" but I've had a few all T9 matches. Not long ago seeing a T9 was rare. Driving a T8, I was seeing 8-9-10 & sometimes 11 T10 ships in randoms.