You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

Special CV squadron for cap (Rumor about REAL change)

24 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
1,011 battles

I hear tell that CV are getting a special squadron for capping?

That would be great for the game bros

Hope WG doesn't get scared out of it.

goose.jpg

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

This is the first I have heard of this. Source?

How would this be a good thing?  All I see are negative possibilities.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

I don't see any good coming out of this if true.  That just makes a ship that can cap from anywhere without really being in the line of fire.

I can't tell if this is real or not.  I hope not.

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

Sounds like complete [edited] troll bait to me.  :cap_tea:

Members
2,915 posts
36,702 battles

As I do sail CVs, it is bad enough that I get grief for being in the back, but allowing CVs to cap remotely without committing the ship will only make things even worse.

I get complimented for sailing in co-op my CV in to a cap and big surprise, I actually get help if I am being attacked heavily.

It seems a CV only gets respect if it bleeds on the battlefield.

Otherwise you will get players that tell CV players to go "Burn".  As in burn in hell. LOL

Oh the love. And I just play CVs because I think it's interesting and fun.

I sail other ships. I mostly BB main or get jiggy with it in my Benham.

I sail a few cruisers, but that one day over Macho Grande and that Yammy cracked my Zao like a walnut with a sledgehammer, I have not been the same. Pouring my drink into the right side of my face is not fun. Doctor says it's a drinking problem.

LOL

Members
215 posts
5,336 battles

Sounds like something just to get the cv haters panties in bunch. meh it would take the fun out of tap dancing on DD's cap attempts. 

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts

This is something WG has talked about before, although it was for the possible odd tier "support" CVs.  I wouldn't be surprised if this happened since its another way to speed up matches. 

• Cool 1

[XXX]
Members
581 posts
1,532 battles

If so, it won't be sea planes like Catelinas. The Tender carriers which had these were specialized ships, even above a standard carrier.

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

This is the first I have heard of this. Source?

How would this be a good thing?  All I see are negative possibilities.

2 hours ago, Murcc said:

I don't see any good coming out of this if true.  That just makes a ship that can cap from anywhere without really being in the line of fire.

I can't tell if this is real or not.  I hope not.

2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Is this a rumor or just wishful thinking? :cap_book:

1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Source?

Such a stupid idea, makes me worried that it's true lol

Surprised you guys don't remember this as you are all forumite regulars...

1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

This is something WG has talked about before, although it was for the possible odd tier "support" CVs.  I wouldn't be surprised if this happened since its another way to speed up matches. 

^^^this...there was other variable plane task options proposed in it also but forget what they were...although I'd remember if my memory was jogged.

1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

They talked about this over a year ago. It sounds good to me 

It was proposed for the odd tier CVs they removed that they would all return but as alternate even tiered CVs w/a bunch off odd tasks (such as capping).

Edit: None of the CVs in the game presently will get this option...ever...so please don't panic about that.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
156 posts
2,940 battles

A lot of you say this would be bad for the game, but if it relieves a DD of it's capping duty, I'd say it's a win. That said, I highly doubt in capping planes being a reality.

• Cool 1

Banned
715 posts
1,011 battles

Remember the squadron can be targeted and destroyed thus resetting the cap.  

A good thing about it is that it would keep the game moving

either cap win or promoting team effort to reset cap ect.

This could be a major improvement towards match quality and participation. 

That in turn will increase the popularity of the game and server numbers will improve.

• Confused 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,496 posts
50 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Source?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/cv-rework-changes/

Obviously we haven't spent months modelling these odd-tier carriers just to scrap them. At the moment we intend to transition them into second carrier branches of aircraft carriers with alternate gameplay styles - another way to influence the battle, a different approach to claiming victory for you and your team, as well as different interactions with allies and enemies. There are a lot of different options here: they could do a little less damage and assist their allies more instead in different ways like spotting enemies or through other advanced capabilities which were abundant with aircraft. It's possible that some types of aircraft in such alternative branches would be able to set smoke screens, saving heavily damaged ships from destruction. They might also be able to help allied battleships with putting out fires, or even land on water and capture objectives. Aircraft might even have something in their arsenal to help combat submarines should that ever become necessary.

These are just some of the options and you should understand that they are meant as auxiliary interactions that can be done together with directly causing damage to the enemy team, not instead of that. Certainly not all of these ideas will make it into the game, but those most promising ones have a good chance of seeing it through. Most likely such carriers and their squadrons would be slightly more difficult to play than simple strike setups, which would make them a good choice for those players who will have mastered the initial post-rework carrier gameplay.

Do note that this is very preliminary and not set in stone whatsoever.

Frankly given how the rework turned out I'd be very surprised if they're still planning on moving forward with this kind of alt CVs. It's far more likely that they're simply going to release them as premiums or as an alt branch with different armament rather than some support CV concept.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
781 posts
9,244 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/cv-rework-changes/

Frankly given how the rework turned out I'd be very surprised if they're still planning on moving forward with this kind of alt CVs. It's far more likely that they're simply going to release them as premiums or as an alt branch with different armament rather than some support CV concept.

Considering they are in the midst of pushing submarines out into the World of Warships, can't really put anything past them.....

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts
5 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Remember the squadron can be targeted and destroyed thus resetting the cap.

That's true.  However, the CV will be able to use its cap planes to go after uncontested caps, where ships might be unlikely to be able to reset.  Planes are small and hard to hit, and how will they be spotted?  CVs arguably have the most utility as is, giving them the ability to cap with no risk to their ships seems to be kinda crazy.  That said, all the rules for ships have been thrown out the window when it comes to CVs, so this seems like it could be something WG would consider. 

12 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

A good thing about it is that it would keep the game moving

either cap win or promoting team effort to reset cap ect.

Or it just ends matches faster for no added benefit to the other non-CV players.  Also consider this will make DDs even more irrelevant in CV matches.

7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Your link is old, and I don't think its what the OP is referring to.  I assume the OP is talking about a new mechanic for the current CVs.  I'm just guessing here since there was no source in the OP.

10 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Like you, I don't thin there will be a new CV line/odd tiers released.  I'm not even sure those ships will make it back as premiums.

8 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

Considering they are in the midst of pushing submarines out into the World of Warships, can't really put anything past them.....

WG is struggling with subs.  Its funny there was a dev in one of the early sub videos that was optimistic about the closed testing being a quick process.  At this point they seem to still be struggling with proof of concept so I don't think they are making any progress with subs at this point.  I won't be surprised if subs never happen.  I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, I just won't be surprised if it does.

• Funny 1

Banned
715 posts
1,011 battles

Subs will generate some interest but if I was in charge I'd go with allowing squadron capping 1st.

Because we need match quality improvement right now 

Subs could be great for a little while to some players but the population will dwindle back down without improving the core infrastructure 

Too me that is upping the quality and movement of the match. WG has to offer me a good time in order for me to push that battle button. 

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,217 posts
5,684 battles
5 hours ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

I hear tell that CV are getting a special squadron for capping?

That would be great for the game bros

Hope WG doesn't get scared out of it.

goose.jpg

I don't find this funny at all, it's totally unfair! DDs, CAs, BBs, CVs can cap!!! Why RBs, TBs and DBs can't??? What a surface unit can do, a flying unit should be able to do! 

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
807 posts
7,168 battles

One way to think of this, if a CV is busy capping with a squadron, then it isn’t busy trying to sink ships. :cap_yes:

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
18 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I don't find this funny at all, it's totally unfair! DDs, CAs, BBs, CVs can cap!!! Why RBs, TBs and DBs can't??? What a surface unit can do, a flying unit should be able to do! 

In that case, I want to be able to cap using the guns on my cruiser.  Afterall, the planes are the ordinance of the CV.  If they can cap why can't the other ship's ordinance cap as well?  It sounds crazy because it is.

• Confused 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,050 posts
8,304 battles
On 2/22/2020 at 12:05 PM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

over Macho Grande 

I don't think you'll ever get over Macho Grande.....

• Funny 1

Members
1,427 posts
7,116 battles

Well if it was to happen it would free up DD to hunt subs. DD are going to be pretty busy once subs come in and capping may become a bit on the back burner for them. Also would not be that bad if say the CV had to give up torp planes to get the capping ones. 

Edited by USMC2145