Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

Good game vs great game

5 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
1,108 posts
11,787 battles

Finally got my Lyon captain back up to 19 points after moving the original one up the line to Republique.  So I'm taking it out for a spin, and almost had one of the best games ever, except for two things:  1.)  It was a defeat, and 2.) I didn't notice our Gneisenau coming up from behind, and he scraped the paint off my starboard side just as I was firing a salvo to starboard.  So I get pinked for two games.  Sigh.

image.thumb.png.afe88bff77d5bff36475ce950b77860a.png

image.thumb.png.943f041b2424d0a36dbe8e4b5bd74e0d.png

image.thumb.png.80226c9750e24fd91e3a20ed0e9ffad1.png

[IJAG]
Members
188 posts
14,636 battles

Experienced by many. Ship happens...and the most frustrating thing is when I do most of the carrying and my team still loses.

Members
127 posts
8,830 battles

I understand exactly how you feel regarding carrying a team but sometimes it goes the other way too. 2086737672_Closebutnocigar.thumb.png.a39002dc24cd8c38800e264a4e3ec65a.png

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

You had a good game.  But sometimes you can't stop the bleeding.

I look at it from the perspective that I shouldn't be the one carrying the team, because I am an average player.  I should be somewhere in the middle of the pack.  When I am the one in your situation, and it happens a lot these days, then it means there are a lot of players not carrying their weight in the battle. 

I recently had a battle in my Normadie, because I was grinding due to a line reset, where I had over 107k damage done and 7 kills, in a defeat.  The game wasn't even close.  The enemy still had 4 ships left at the end when I finally died.  It would have been much worst if I hadn't killed a couple late in the game before I died.  That kind of game should never happen.  The enemy team wasn't even that good, either.  Ours was just that bad.  It just seems that there are a lot of these lately.  Too many Sunday sailors make it difficult for a single good player to carry the load.

[O_O]
Members
6,442 posts
15,343 battles

I have seen screen shots from people who run a match making monitor.  The average skill level of the player base appears to be pretty bad.

Those screen shots only cement my decision to NOT run a match making monitor!

Sign in to follow this